OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I guess parity must be the veiled lie for having a salary cap but there are teams that won’t compete regardless of how much others are restricted.

I don’t see why the owners keep it so low or cap the number of roster spots. They could both use a healthy bump.
It is about parity.

Just look at baseball where the Phillies or Yankees have payrolls over 250M where the Pirates payroll is 30M.. it's absurd.

If football was like baseball, teams like GB & Indy would look like USFL teams. Now splitting TV money and NFL property money helps, but big markets would outspend small markets for sure.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
All Heart team for Deayon. Six years in the NFl is not bad for 5 foot nothing CB.
Yeah that’s a guy who worked for it. You got to admire that. He made some plays in the NFL. Well done, brother.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I hope he's made enough for retirement. He didn't exactly spend most of his six years in the NFL on a regular roster most of the time.
He's young, he can get a job too.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Sure 3 year contract for $135m. With only $25m guaranteed. Then if he’s clearly a top 5 Qb by mid-season keep him. If not release his ass.
Isn't what what the saints did with Hill? Gave him a massive deal with everything voidable? Lol

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sure 3 year contract for $135m. With only $25m guaranteed. Then if he’s clearly a top 5 Qb by mid-season keep him. If not release his ass.
Sounds good from the Team's point-of-view but why would the Player agree to that deal?

dang

Legend
Sounds good from the Team's point-of-view but why would the Player agree to that deal?
He doesn’t have to but if he’s a top 5 QB then he needs to prove it. Jones is asking for compensation commensurate with a level he f play that he’s never achieved. So this should motivate him to achieve that level of pay in order to justify the compensation. Otherwise let his ass walk.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He doesn’t have to but if he’s a top 5 QB then he needs to prove it. Jones is asking for compensation commensurate with a level he f play that he’s never achieved. So this should motivate him to achieve that level of pay in order to justify the compensation. Otherwise let his ass walk.
I agree with your evaluation of Jones. I live in New York City; and have seen every snap of his pro career.

However, the reality is that IF there's a team out there that will pay Jones as an elite QB before he proves it ... then ... Jones does not HAVE to prove. It sucks ... it's stupid ... but it is the reality.

Again, living in NY, the last thing I expect is that the Giants 'let him walk'.
If a contract is not worked-out, they will tag him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I agree with your evaluation of Jones. I live in New York City; and have seen every snap of his pro career.

However, the reality is that IF there's a team out there that will pay Jones as an elite QB before he proves it ... then ... Jones does not HAVE to prove. It sucks ... it's stupid ... but it is the reality.

Again, living in NY, the last thing I expect is that the Giants 'let him walk'.
If a contract is not worked-out, they will tag him.
That’s probably what the Giants should do. Tag him. Kick the decision out a year.

Jones would probably be smart to take a team friendly deal. He might earn som cred with fans taking that approach and could maybe play out the deal.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand and know what his numbers were. He also had Daniel Jones.

I'm not saying we SHOULD sign him or he's great by any means but, of we want to add a vet, I prefer him to Robert Woods and he also had a great connection with Stafford.
You think so? It seemed to me that the Stafford to Woods connection was disjointed. Kupp and Stafford spent all of that time together, on and off the field, and had good chemistry. Goff and Woods were really good together and it wasn't the same when Stafford came.

Status
Not open for further replies.