OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Lions plan to redesign uniforms in 2024

The Lions are heading into their final season with their current uniform design.

Lions President Rod Wood told the Detroit Free Press that the team is working with Nike on new uniforms that could be unveiled in 2024.

Wood also said the Lions will have a new alternate helmet for the 2023 season, which the Lions will wear when wearing their all-gray alternate uniforms.

The Lions do not intend to change their longtime color scheme of Honolulu blue and silver, but it will be a change from the current uniform design, which has been in place in Detroit since 2017.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Saints, Falcons, Commodes... I'd avoid those teams if I were a FA QB.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Best choice for him is Carolina of those teams. Though I think there's a kid on the roster who might end up starting there (Corral), Reich is one of the better run game and balance callers in the league which Carr needs.

Jets might be looking at a coaching change, same with New Orleans. This of course means Carr will choose one of them because he's a dumbass.
Jets aren't a bad choice either since they have a good WR core, but the problem is how Carr plays in the cold. No matter who he chooses, he's gonna get paid and we'll see a flurry of QB moves right after he signs. Curious to see how it goes down.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jets aren't a bad choice either since they have a good WR core
Maybe. Probably comes down to Hackett and how he does there. But I'd hate to go to a team that suffers a HC change a year later if I'm a QB. Then you're at the mercy of an owner who hasn't gotten shit right ever.

Carolina there's a guy I know is a good OC and he's in year one. Saints have a good talent base but that HC was not impressive last year and is probably in over his head. Not sure Carr moves that needle either way for either team.

Carr in a couple years will probably end up being a backup. He just doesn't seem to be able to find the trigger consistently. Just another talented QB missing shit upstairs IMO. That's a very long and extensive list.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Maybe. Probably comes down to Hackett and how he does there. But I'd hate to go to a team that suffers a HC change a year later if I'm a QB. Then you're at the mercy of an owner who hasn't gotten shit right ever.

Carolina there's a guy I know is a good OC and he's in year one. Saints have a good talent base but that HC was not impressive last year and is probably in over his head. Not sure Carr moves that needle either way for either team.

Carr in a couple years will probably end up being a backup. He just doesn't seem to be able to find the trigger consistently. Just another talented QB missing shit upstairs IMO. That's a very long and extensive list.
Yeah I actually think in the end, Carolina is definitely the best spot for him coach wise, but it probably depends on who throws the most money at him. Carr will definitely get about a 2 year leash at most with his new club and if he chokes, he'll be relegated to back up jobs the rest of his NFL career for sure.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If I'm the Panthers, I start Corral and see how it goes. Worst case, they are in the running for the best QB prospect to come out since TLaw at least. Then they also know what they have with Corral, who, if I'm not mistaken, had zero snaps last year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If I'm the Panthers, I start Corral and see how it goes. Worst case, they are in the running for the best QB prospect to come out since TLaw at least. Then they also know what they have with Corral, who, if I'm not mistaken, had zero snaps last year.

Corral had a Lisfranc injury, they can be tough to recover from ...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Unless you're a woman.
I'ma guess several women have had fun partying with the dude. Lots of women love assholes.
Got it, you don’t care about our judicial system and the standards we have in America.
I can't speak for Elm but my thought was anything that gets that idiot off my screen is ok with me. Not really but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he was gone for whatever reason. It's not like he has a clean track record.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm not advocating trading him. I'd prefer to keep him and add a vet.

I've seen more and more posts about sending him out for picks.

I mean Van was a 2nd round pick himself. It's odd that ppl want picks to draft players but when one does contribute and a good player want to send him away.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I've seen more and more posts about sending him out for picks.

I mean Van was a 2nd round pick himself. It's odd that ppl want picks to draft players but when one does contribute and a good player want to send him away.

Van Jeff suffered a knee injury and missed several games last year, Skowronek was excellent as a replacement. Prior to the Ramsey being traded rumor took hold, some fans were looking at all angles that might be required to get the Rams under the CAP. Van Jefferson is likely lost to free agency following the 2023 season anyway, so moving him now could provide a new draft pick as well as some CAP relief. The Rams used Skow, Powell and Atwell quite sparingly while Van Jeff was healthy, they also have Austin Trammell and brought in Lance McCutcheon & Jaquarii Roberson. I would also suspect that McSnead will have a tough time resisting the temptation to acquire a new WR somewhere during the draft.
It's not like we just want to cut Rams players willy-nilly, no one is comparing Van Jeff to Evans, but if we are looking to every last dollar of CAP savings without getting sentimental, turning over every rock for an extra buck becomes part of the process.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Van Jeff suffered a knee injury and missed several games last year, Skowronek was excellent as a replacement.

Players heal, and he played well when forced into the #1 role and the shitty QB play. Now you got potentially a good WR group there with Van AND Ben AND the starting QB returning.

Prior to the Ramsey being traded rumor took hold, some fans were looking at all angles that might be required to get the Rams under the CAP. Van Jefferson is likely lost to free agency following the 2023 season anyway, so moving him now could provide a new draft pick as well as some CAP relief. The Rams used Skow, Powell and Atwell quite sparingly while Van Jeff was healthy, they also have Austin Trammell and brought in Lance McCutcheon & Jaquarii Roberson. I would also suspect that McSnead will have a tough time resisting the temptation to acquire a new WR somewhere during the draft.

Man...i know, but the cap. I think at this point people should know the cap doesn't really mean anything. Someone posted that like half the teams are over said cap. All of those teams are gonna manage. If you trade off Van, based on the assessment of knee injury, $$$ and age what would you realistically get? A 6th rounder? Some other shitty round pick 2 years from now? Is that late round player gonna be better than Van to save a few bucks and replace with some practice squad guy?

It's not like we just want to cut Rams players willy-nilly, no one is comparing Van Jeff to Evans, but if we are looking to every last dollar of CAP savings without getting sentimental, turning over every rock for an extra buck becomes part of the process.

Teams manage cap and keep their best players regardless of what that is. That's the job of the bean counters playing w/ excel.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Players heal, and he played well when forced into the #1 role and the shitty QB play. Now you got potentially a good WR group there with Van AND Ben AND the starting QB returning.

Man...i know, but the cap. I think at this point people should know the cap doesn't really mean anything. Someone posted that like half the teams are over said cap. All of those teams are gonna manage. If you trade off Van, based on the assessment of knee injury, $$$ and age what would you realistically get? A 6th rounder? Some other shitty round pick 2 years from now? Is that late round player gonna be better than Van to save a few bucks and replace with some practice squad guy?

Teams manage cap and keep their best players regardless of what that is. That's the job of the bean counters playing w/ excel.

Managing the CAP doesn't just occur in a vacuum somewhere, there are repercussions with debt which has a said end date where what's owed must be met. Some want to just unload Ramsey, I offer an alternative which I don't expect everyone or anyone for that matter to agree with.
This is a fan forum, today some us play at bean counting, in a few more weeks it will be about free agency and later it will be the draft and then the new season.
I'm amazed so many get panty bunched around here over ideas or options that don't fit their liking.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Man...i know, but the cap. I think at this point people should know the cap doesn't really mean anything.
All of those teams are gonna manage.

If by 'manage', you mean all teams will get under the cap ... Agree

However, that first statement is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.