OFFICIAL 2023 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I said it way before, but I said the Rams would regret not replacing Brian Allen. This was around the time we could have drafted someone who's name rhymes with Need. Also all that money we just sank into Allen to trade him is a terrible move when we could least afford it. Worse than extending Tavon Austin which is saying something. Not saying Snead has never done anything good, however when he fucks up, he fucks up.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I said it way before, but I said the Rams would regret not replacing Brian Allen. This was around the time we could have drafted someone who's name rhymes with Need. Also all that money we just sank into Allen to trade him is a terrible move when we could least afford it. Worse than extending Tavon Austin which is saying something. Not saying Snead has never done anything good, however when he fucks up, he fucks up.
Damn, I forgot all about the Tavon extension.

Add that to the Goff, Gurley, Cooks, Floyd, Arob and Wagner signings that were big money and moved fairly quick after signing them.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What did they produce in 20' & 21'?

Seems to me Jones, Gaines, Edwards, Scott, Akers, Jefferson, Allen, Niteboom, and even Rapp were productive....especially last yr.

In the SB Hopkins stepped up.

Last yr Atwell and Skowronek flashed and played much better. Bobby Brown also to some extent.

UDFA's Hoecht & A.Jackson looked good and appear to have a future.

Those are just the one's off the top of my head.

So I think you are being a bit harsh.
Still, think I was harsh?

I can & will dive deeper if you would like because you are a great & good ROD member.

Finding just how much Ram's previous drafts from 2019 to 2022 helped bring you & me the now-famous conclusion to the "2022 Run it Back!":clown

McVay's first :crap:season is interesting & easy to draw a proper conclusion from.

I would suggest taking a longer review of those drafts & just how many of those previous four Ram-drafted players did step up & help pulled the rope in the 2022 season. To me, it's obvious those drafts were weak at best.

If you can not see it after further review then you will never see it which is fine by me.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Still, think I was harsh?

I can & will dive deeper if you would like because you are a great & good ROD member.

Finding just how much Ram's previous drafts from 2019 to 2022 helped bring you & me the now-famous conclusion to the "2022 Run it Back!":clown

McVay's first :crap:season is interesting & easy to draw a proper conclusion from.

I would suggest taking a longer review of those drafts & just how many of those previous four Ram-drafted players did step up & help pulled the rope in the 2022 season. To me, it's obvious those drafts were weak at best.

If you can not see it after further review then you will never see it which is fine by me.
22' didnt happen in a vacuum. Many of those players were big contributors in 21' and even 20' when they reached the Divisional rd.

And many of those drafts were hampered by the loss of picks for the Ramsey trade and other trades. So that at times can force reaches.

For example Edwards was injured and a bust in 22', but for a 5th rd pick was solid in 20' & 21'

Allen was very good last yr and Noteboom filled in great for Whitworth last yr in the playoffs.

Yes, Lewis & Burgess were busts, but Lewis is a prime example of taking a big risk, trying to get 1st rd ability, on a guy with an injury history. It happens.

Could they have been better? Sure....but the strategy of trading premium picks contributes to this outcome. When considering that and the number of guys who stepped up last yr duringthe SB run, I don't think there is a ton to bitch about.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
22' didnt happen in a vacuum. Many of those players were big contributors in 21' and even 20' when they reached the Divisional rd.

And many of those drafts were hampered by the loss of picks for the Ramsey trade and other trades. So that at times can force reaches.

For example Edwards was injured and a bust in 22', but for a 5th rd pick was solid in 20' & 21'

Allen was very good last yr and Noteboom filled in great for Whitworth last yr in the playoffs.

Yes, Lewis & Burgess were busts, but Lewis is a prime example of taking a big risk, trying to get 1st rd ability, on a guy with an injury history. It happens.

Could they have been better? Sure....but the strategy of trading premium picks contributes to this outcome. When considering that and the number of guys who stepped up last yr duringthe SB run, I don't think there is a ton to bitch about.
Yes, we do see these Drafts much differently.

A Grand Canyon separates us in this discussion. That's fine I sure look forward to your side of the rim of the Grand Canyon showing me where I am totally wrong on my 2019 thru 2022 Draft negative opinions here.

I can't see your side of the rim from where I am standing.:cheers2::sunglasses:

You & I will see very soon here just how many of the fine good 2019 Ram Draft class are resigned. Two of the 2019 3rd round selections were released during the ongoing 2022 season which is far from a positive IMO.

I also think that none of the Rams 2019 classes UFA's will be resigned. That would also indicate their pass value to this losing team.

Rams also released 2 of their 2020 third rd draft selections during the ongoing 2022 season, that's a big negative also. This next fact is a biggie too....Rams also spent a large amount of time trying to trade off their top 2020 draft selection but found no other teams wanted him.

So Rams 2022 released four 3rd round draft selections (2019/2020) under contract during the ongoing 2022 season that's a good amount of draft capital considered by a very poor playing team-worthless.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yes, we do see these Drafts much differently.

A Grand Canyon separates us in this discussion. That's fine I sure look forward to your side of the rim of the Grand Canyon showing me where I am totally wrong on my 2019 thru 2022 Draft negative opinions here.

I can't see your side of the rim from where I am standing.:cheers2::sunglasses:

You & I will see very soon here just how many of the fine good 2019 Ram Draft class are resigned. Two of the 2019 3rd round selections were released during the ongoing 2022 season which is far from a positive IMO.

I also think that none of the Rams 2019 classes UFA's will be resigned. That would also indicate their pass value to this losing team.

Rams also released 2 of their 2020 third rd draft selections during the ongoing 2022 season, that's a big negative also. This next fact is a biggie too....Rams also spent a large amount of time trying to trade off their top 2020 draft selection but found no other teams wanted him.

So Rams 2022 released four 3rd round draft selections (2019/2020) under contract during the ongoing 2022 season that's a good amount of draft capital considered by a very poor playing team-worthless.
ANGLE1_Credit-Jason-of-Beverly-Hills-4x5-1.jpg

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Did a mock draft with a few trades.

View attachment 59032
Good draft just because those do look like realistic trades. That's the kind of trade that gets us a mid 1 for Ramsey even though that will upset many on this board. And a Robinson trade will likley be a case where we use him as an essential trade up chip. Robinson and a 6th to get a 5th.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good draft just because those do look like realistic trades. That's the kind of trade that gets us a mid 1 for Ramsey even though that will upset many on this board. And a Robinson trade will likley be a case where we use him as an essential trade up chip. Robinson and a 6th to get a 5th.
Thanks. I have done probably 15 mock drafts on PFF. This was the first one where I took Kancey. He’s usually gone by the 25th pick.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Also I'll be pissed if we trade him at all. If we only get a 2nd it's a fucking travesty.
Seems like PFF and most of the popular takes on him are that his value is quite high. So I am hopeful we get a good return.

Don't think it would just be a 2nd btw. But maybe that plus a third and another midrounder, something along those lines. Because you see compensation drop when there's a cap need behind the move by the seller. Of course if there are a lot of teams vying for him then that would overcome that effect. But if it's only one or two teams we might not get compensation in the range folks expect.

Also if it comes to that I still think moving him now is the right approach. I know I'm out on a limb on that one with few others, might end up looking like a lunatic on this one down the road but we'll see how it goes.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like PFF and most of the popular takes on him are that his value is quite high. So I am hopeful we get a good return.

Don't think it would just be a 2nd btw. But maybe that plus a third and another midrounder, something along those lines. Because you see compensation drop when there's a cap need behind the move by the seller. Of course if there are a lot of teams vying for him then that would overcome that effect. But if it's only one or two teams we might not get compensation in the range folks expect.

Also if it comes to that I still think moving him now is the right approach. I know I'm out on a limb on that one with few others, might end up looking like a lunatic on this one down the road but we'll see how it goes.
If the best we can get is a 2nd it's a bad trade. Unless we're going in full meltdown mode nobody will ever be able to convince me trading our best CB is a good idea.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well if he goes somewhere and looks like his younger self in that first year and we squander the picks there won't be any need to convince you. Because I'll be busy admitting I was wrong about him.

But there's a way to go before we see all that. And some of it is up to Ramsey, as in I think he needs to work his ass off this offseason to get back to who he was a few years ago. Even that might not be enough but we'll have to wait and see.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if he goes somewhere and looks like his younger self in that first year and we squander the picks there won't be any need to convince you. Because I'll be busy admitting I was wrong about him.

But there's a way to go before we see all that. And some of it is up to Ramsey, as in I think he needs to work his ass off this offseason to get back to who he was a few years ago. Even that might not be enough but we'll have to wait and see.
Let him play CB exclusively and forget the STAR and that will happen rather easily, IMO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wished I could live in the past. I am forward leaning type of man ....

Don't think that great photo of the past 2021 SB ring has anything to do with the subject of the ongoing discussion of the 2023 Draft. Maybe you all can enlighten me down here in the deep south ....I am sorta slow minded & road the short bus.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I wished I could live in the past. I am forward leaning type of man ....

Don't think that great photo of the past 2021 SB ring has anything to do with the subject of the ongoing discussion of the 2023 Draft. Maybe you all can enlighten me down here in the deep south ....I am sorta slow minded & road the short bus.
Umm..you brought up past drafts.

Seems to me that they utilized their draft capital over the last few yrs to get them to a SB and win it.