OFFICIAL 2023 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Umm..you brought up past drafts.

Seems to me that they utilized their draft capital over the last few yrs to get them to a SB and win it.
Yes, we did. The discussion was on the previous wtf Snead drafts remarks by Elmgrovegnome
& our hopes on the subject of the future 2023 draft.

This was my response on how those previous drafts help bring about the 5-12 season:
Rams 2022 Draft was mostly injured before the season began.

In 2022 the 2021 Draft only produced one player to start last season.

In 2022 the 2020 Draft produced nothing but injured sideline players.

In 2022 the 2019 Draft was not much better than the 2020 draft there are Gaines but the rest are not good players.

Conclusion of the last 4 Snead/McVay Drafts .....Failure!:thumbsdown::weary::bomb:

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yes, we did. The discussion was on the previous wtf Snead drafts remarks by Elmgrovegnome
& our hopes on the subject of the future 2023 draft.

This was my response on how those previous drafts help bring about the 5-12 season:
And those previous drafts = ...
ANGLE1_Credit-Jason-of-Beverly-Hills-4x5-1.jpg

dang

Legend
One thing is sure. This years Draft will be much more interesting for the Rams than the past 6-7.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And those previous drafts = ...
View attachment 59035
This is where we differ in the discussion. @BonifayRam and I are speaking about making picks, by evaluating college players. We are not talking about trading picks for proven NFL talent. Yes, that is a part of a team building process, but it’s not hard for Snead to identify proven talent that’s played for several years.

Snead has made some real blunders in past drafts. His trading back rarely ends up being worth it. His habit of picking raw athletic freaks hasn’t worked out. With Edwards precipitous fall I wouldn’t consider his picking injured players a success either.
Snead trades backwards, skipping good players to pick mediocre or less talent.

Now, if you are happy with getting one good year out of a player and then average or below average years, like Allen and Edwards, and Rapp, then sure. I’d rather get a few more keepers in the draft. Did they win a Super Bowl? Yes, but mostly because of the trades they made. A monkey could see that Ramsey and Stafford were top notch talent. Add in the Kupp, AD, Gaines and Floyd and they have a core, surrounded by a lot of average or less talent that they don’t resign.

They’ve had some nice UDFA signings. I find it to be ironic that when graded in a scale they have more success doing that than they do picking 6th rounders.

For this team to make a quick turnaround, they will need a great draft, which is something Snead has never accomplished and seems even further from since Holmes went to Detroit. If they rebuild they may as well trade away AD, Kupp and Stafford because the holes created by releasing/trading these star players aren’t all likely to be adequately filled in the 2023 draft. If the past is an indication, then it’s not likely the team will be seriously competitive for the next several years.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
This is where we differ in the discussion. @BonifayRam and I are speaking about making picks, by evaluating college players. We are not talking about trading picks for proven NFL talent. Yes, that is a part of a team building process, but it’s not hard for Snead to identify proven talent that’s played for several years.

Snead has made some real blunders in past drafts. His trading back rarely ends up being worth it. His habit of picking raw athletic freaks hasn’t worked out. With Edwards precipitous fall I wouldn’t consider his picking injured players a success either.

Now, if you are happy with getting one good year out of a player and then average or below average years, like Allen and Edwards, and Rapp, then sure. I’d rather get a few more keepers in the draft. Did they win a Super Bowl? Yes, but mostly because of the trades they made. A monkey could see that Ramsey and Stafford were top notch talent. Add in the Kupp, AD, Gaines and Floyd and they have a core, surrounded by a lot of average or less talent that they don’t resign.

They’ve had some nice UDFA signings. I find it to be ironic that when graded in a scale they have more success doing that than they do picking 6th rounders.

For this team to make a quick turnaround, they will need a great draft, which is something Snead has never accomplished and seems even further from since Holmes went to Detroit. If they rebuild they may as well trade away AD, Kupp and Stafford because the holes created by releasing/trading these star players aren’t all likely to be adequately filled in the 2023 draft. If the past is an indication, then it’s not likely the team will be seriously competitive for the next several years.
Could we trade Snead for Brad Holmes?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Are we going to do a ‘who the Rams are meeting thread?

They are meeting with Purdue QB Aidan O’Connel

I was thinking he could be a late round option. Ok size and arm, looks like a Bulger type. Solid back up type who may be a system bridge QB.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure that's easy to figure out. For instance, in 2017 they traded the #37 pick for #44 and #91. They got Gerald Everett and John Johnson. Everett never fulfilled his projection but he was decent. JJ was really good. So who did they pass up in those 7 slots. The name that sticks out to me is Dalvin Cook but they already had Gurley so he probably wasn't even on their radar. And that's what makes a determination difficult. Perhaps they had Everett in mind all along? What other examples are there of them trading down and screwing up?

Did they win a Super Bowl? Yes, but mostly because of the trades they made.
Trades they made were for Stafford and Von Miller. A lot of guys they drafted contributed like Gaines, or Hendo who actually had a good SB receiving. Hopkins had some clutch catches? Nick Scott played some good defense. I understand the marquees are what stand out but if it were just the marquees how come Stafford never won a playoff game prior to L.A.. Or how come Von Miller didn't take over a lot of game on his way to winning a couple with Denver?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams are projected to have ten total picks to start the draft (11, if Morris ends up with a head coaching gig):
3 of their own: 2nd, 3rd, 6th
4 Compensatory: 4th (DWilliams), 5th (ACorbett), 6th (SJD), and 7th (Obo)
3 via trade: 6th (Titans - R Woods), 6th (Green Bay - C Bojorquez + our 7th), 7th (Det - M Brockers)

The extra one for Morris would be a 3rd round Compensatory pick.
The comp picks are official now, and instead of 4/5/6/7 it's 5/5/5/7. Not a big change, but really would have preferred the 4th.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The comp picks are official now, and instead of 4/5/6/7 it's 5/5/5/7. Not a big change, but really would have preferred the 4th.
They will get an even higher 4th when they trade down in the 2nd or 3rd.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Figuring come draft day we're probably looking at something along the lines of:

Round 2
Round 2 (Ramsey)
Round 3
Round 4 (Floyd)
Round 5
Round 5 (Ramsey)
Round 5
Round 5
Round 6
Round 6
Round 6
Round 6
Round 7
Round 7
Round 7

One thing's for sure... Our special teams unit should be loaded. I mean you can move some of those picks higher for Floyd or Ramsey but we are looking at a very large roster turnover. Nobody on this roster is safe from the right offer coming in, and they shouldn't be after that shitty season. They'll always have those rings but the business of the NFL grinds on.

If they move Boom or Higs or similar we'll end up with another midround pick. Does that move the needle. Not for me, but maybe some guys they're flat fucking tired of. Should get some clarity soon though thank fuck.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Round 2
Round 2 (Ramsey)
Round 3
Round 4 (Floyd)
Round 5
Round 5 (Ramsey)
Round 5
Round 5
Round 6
Round 6
Round 6
Round 6
Round 7
Round 7
Round 7

One thing's for sure... Our special teams unit should be loaded. I mean you can move some of those picks higher for Floyd or Ramsey but we are looking at a very large roster turnover. Nobody on this roster is safe from the right offer coming in, and they shouldn't be after that shitty season. They'll always have those rings but the business of the NFL grinds on.

If they move Boom or Higs or similar we'll end up with another midround pick. Does that move the needle. Not for me, but maybe some guys they're flat fucking tired of. Should get some clarity soon though thank fuck.
Not sure we will be able to trade Floyd let alone get a 4th. Hope I am wrong, but considering his salary and age, a lot of teams would just prefer to draft an edge and develop him.

If SD wasn't in bad cap shape maybe their coach would want him again...but not sure we get much from anyone else.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Round 2
Round 2 (Ramsey)
Round 3
Round 4 (Floyd)
Round 5
Round 5 (Ramsey)
Round 5
Round 5
Round 6
Round 6
Round 6
Round 6
Round 7
Round 7
Round 7

Have to package some of those 5ths and 6ths for 4ths.

Get as many top 150 picks as possible.

Tano

Legend
Not sure we will be able to trade Floyd let alone get a 4th. Hope I am wrong, but considering his salary and age, a lot of teams would just prefer to draft an edge and develop him.

If SD wasn't in bad cap shape maybe their coach would want him again...but not sure we get much from anyone else.
I bet if we trade Floyd and a 6th we could get a 4th

However, Snead will be like "Don't you touch my 6 round picks"

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Round 2
Round 2 (Ramsey)
Round 3
Round 4 (Floyd)
Round 5
Round 5 (Ramsey)
Round 5
Round 5
Round 6
Round 6
Round 6
Round 6
Round 7
Round 7
Round 7

We will get more than a 2nd and 5th for Ramsey if he's traded

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I bet if we trade Floyd and a 6th we could get a 4th

However, Snead will be like "Don't you touch my 6 round picks"
Yeah, using him as a round or two trade up is the most likely trade, but even then a team has to take on his contract. It would have to be a contender in desperate need for an experienced edge and that team could just wait for a release as well and take their chances to sign him.

Maybe a team like the Pats could be an option. Belicheat likes smart vets, so maybe there. Not sure what their needs are. Maybe get that Michel pick back.