OFFICIAL 2023 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Charb, feels like a low-risk guy, if you have watched him much he looks like a 3-down back that runs hard and has the body to block on passing downs.
I have no idea where these top 5 backs will end up but if teams looking for an RB get nervous I could see a 2nd round run and possibly 5 RBs off the board by the early 3rd.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There might be a meathead team that takes him up high or whatever. Sort of makes sense too with all these teams playing light boxes vs the run to stop the passing games. But I think there's a decent chance he ends up sliding a bit due to his run style not being in vogue so maybe we can move down a couple times and still get him with a later pick.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Charb, feels like a low-risk guy, if you have watched him much he looks like a 3-down back that runs hard and has the body to block on passing downs.
I have no idea where these top 5 backs will end up but if teams looking for an RB get nervous I could see a 2nd round run and possibly 5 RBs off the board by the early 3rd.

He runs a lot like Chubb IMO. His pass catching ability would make him a massive asset in this offense. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough picks to cover all the holes we have. Only way we draft a RB is if we move Akers IMO

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Now there is a guy worth a possible trade up. Hate the idea's floating around about trading up for Gibbs or Levis. Will be praying on draft day that he somehow just falls to us though.

I would trade up for Levis, for the record. If he falls low enough I think he is worth the shot because he's the type of talent we normally won't sniff. And it would be ironic too, IMO, given that we submarined his final season with Kentucky by stealing his OC after he lost OL to the draft.

Hard to imagine a scenario Indy doesn’t go Levis.

View: https://twitter.com/TheColtsWire/status/1642527366961299456?s=20

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Very much love that the Rams have met with Izzy and Miller. 2 of my favorite backs that likely can be had on Day 3. The high value of getting guys like that on Day 3 is so much more valuable then taking a Gibbs at #36 to me. The difference between the top backs and the Day 3 backs is MUCH closer then the difference between high rated Edges/CB's/OL and the their day 3 counterparts.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard to imagine a scenario Indy doesn’t go Levis.
If Levis gets paired with Steichen he has a good chance to be the best QB in this class in a few years IMO.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Current visits:

• DL Elijah Green Mtg 5 Feb 13, 2023
  • DL Desjuan Johnson Mtg 1 Feb 24, 2023
  • OLB Nolan Smith Mtg 3 Mar 3, 2023
  • WR Jake Bobo Mtg 2 Mar 3, 2023
  • WR Tank Dell Mtg 4 Mar 5, 2023
  • DB Cory Trice Mtg 6 Mar 9, 2023
  • QB Aiden O'Connell Mtg 7 Mar 9, 2023
  • TE Payne Durham Mtg 8 Mar 10, 2023
  • K BT Potter Mtg 9 Mar 14, 2023
  • DL Adetomiwa Adebawore Mtg 10 Mar 18, 2023
  • TE Luke Schoonmaker Mtg 11 Mar 18, 2023
  • OLB Will McDonald IV Mtg 12 Mar 21, 2023
  • DI MJ Anderson Mtg 13 Mar 21, 2023
  • WR Trey Palmer Mtg 14 Mar 23, 2023
  • QB Jaren Hall Mtg 15 Mar 24, 2023
  • CB Carrington Valentine Mtg 16 Mar 26, 2023
  • DB Anthony Kendall Mtg 17 Mar 27, 2023
  • WR Tre Tucker Mtg 18 Mar 28, 2023
  • WR Tyler Scott Mtg 19 Mar 28, 2023
  • OL Grant Gibson Mtg 20 Mar 28, 2023
  • RB Izzy Abanikanda Mtg 21 Mar 29, 2023

Extremely excited to see that they met with McDonald, Hall and Izzy. I would be absolutely in heaven if they got all 3 (obviously slotted correctly in the draft)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I haven’t done my usual Dl breakdowns like in drafts past, but I’ve looked at the edge guys that are late 1st/early 2nd guys.

Adebawore is a huge physical freak that looks much more like a 4-3 end or even a 3T than an OLB. Like a better Hoecht. I LOVE how he plays the run. His get off is a little slow and a fair number of his sacks are clean up/hustle sacks which doesn’t help us with how teams game plan us.

McDonald, otoh, is a legit OLB with great hands, several established moves, elite dip/rip and deceptive speed from the initial OL punch to the corner. He closes that distance as well as anyone which sometimes allows him to dip and just make the OL whiff. He can cover and his get off from stand up is excellent.

Felix Anudike-Uzomah is a mix of the two. I think his pad level gets too high at times and he’s more high motor than pure speed. He’s got several really good moves and uses his hands well.

For what we need, I think McDonald is significantly better for us, but I’m fine with Adebawore or Felix Anudike-Uzomah if we decide to go edge in the 2nd.

Whether we go edge or RB (I’d LOVE if we went IOL/C, but we don’t do that and all signs are we won’t again), I just don’t want us trading down so far that we miss on some true studs for guys who may struggle to contribute. In this draft, I think a top 40 pick is a potential difference maker whereas by 50, I think there’s a noticeable drop off and while I think we may almost trade ourselves out of the 2nd entirely to pick up mid round picks, I think it’ll be a mistake.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
That would be a stupid trade

No Way Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Levis gets paired with Steichen he has a good chance to be the best QB in this class in a few years IMO.
Levis messes with me. Some days I fall in love with the plays he makes, then I bump into a video like the one below.

This guy is an amateur but he CRANKS out play breakdowns and I generally agree with his takes.

View: https://youtu.be/v2McQZj3EFw

muggmeister

Starter
My latest and unrealistic "Fanspeak.com" mock draft

TEAM PICKS​

36: R2 P5 CB Deonte Banks - Maryland
69: R3 P6 C John Michael Schmitz - Minnesota
77: R3 P14 EDGE Zach Harrison - Ohio State
167: R5 P32 OT Tyler Steen - Alabama
171: R5 P36 WR Trey Palmer - Nebraska
177: R5 P42 G Mark Evans - AR-Pine Bluff
182: R6 P5 LB Ivan Pace Jr. - Cincinnati
189: R6 P12 QB Max Duggan - TCU
191: R6 P14 S Jay Ward - LSU
223: R7 P6 RB Travis Dye - Southern Cal
251: R7 P34 EDGE Isaiah McGuire - Missouri

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I like Charbonnet a lot. Seems to be a nice combo of decent speed, size and athleticism. Not necessarily elite at all but a nice package. And when I watched UCLA this year, which granted wasn't every week, he seemed open to running through contact. Or at least didn't always run away from it.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Very much love that the Rams have met with Izzy and Miller. 2 of my favorite backs that likely can be had on Day 3. The high value of getting guys like that on Day 3 is so much more valuable then taking a Gibbs at #36 to me. The difference between the top backs and the Day 3 backs is MUCH closer then the difference between high rated Edges/CB's/OL and the their day 3 counterparts.
I don't agree about Gibbs vs these other backs. Gibbs has way more juice than both of these guys plus he's a nightmare in the passing game. An argument could be made for drafting him or not drafting him to be honest. Drafting him would add another playmaker with home run and mismatch ability against defenses but not adding him will allow us to fill other deficiencies. McVay's offense ran best when we had an every down he can take it to the house threat with Todd Gurley. Not sure what route we go but if Gibbs is the pick, then I certainly get why. If he isn't, I get that too if that makes sense. Gonna be interesting when we finally get to see the plan.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

TEAM PICKS​

Man I wish Schmitz would drop to the 3rd for us but I doubt it. Why can't this be reality for that pick?! Lol

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29

TEAM PICKS​

I like it

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Man I wish Schmitz would drop to the 3rd for us but I doubt it. Why can't this be reality for that pick?! Lol

Why not a guy like Steve Avila, someone who may actually make it to the top of the 3'rd ?
Unlike JM-S, Avila plays both OG and Center.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Levis messes with me. Some days I fall in love with the plays he makes, then I bump into a video like the one below.

This guy is an amateur but he CRANKS out play breakdowns and I generally agree with his takes.

View: https://youtu.be/v2McQZj3EFw

Yeah I know. But he ran a pro offense for two years in college with one good year and a rougher year. The rough year though he lost his OC and his OL was terrible. He was sacked more than both Young and Stroud combined I think.

So as it pertains to adjusting to the NFL... The media has some surprises ahead with this class IMO.