OFFICIAL 2023 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I wouldn’t mess around. Keep this RB local.Excellent size & vision. Always keeps his feet moving.

It would be an excellent pick for this draft. Add Zach Charbonnet to the roster with the 2nd or one of the 3rd picks. One Mock had us taking OL Cody Mauch in the 2nd, followed by Charbonnet in the 3rd. That would be a great start for the rebuild

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
By far my favorite draft for fixing the offensive line

View attachment 59329

I’m not Big on an inside O”Lineman That would show such A FAILURE in 2021 & 2022.

Finding O”Lineman late works BEST 4 The Rams. OT’s are
It would be an excellent pick for this draft. Add Zach Charbonnet to the roster with the 2nd or one of the 3rd picks. One Mock had us taking OL Cody Mauch in the 2nd, followed by Charbonnet in the 3rd. That would be a great start for the rebuild
yeah - not a fan of drafting a Guard. IMO finding an Edge or OT is more important.
-Then again is remodeling The Offensive Line is what The Rams need to do,then that is alright as well.
—Still like posting above Tutu & Bruss are HORRIBLE DRAFT PICKS!! Just like when Creed Humpries made it to The Rams you pull the trigger.
Tutu is taken later in the draft might have been what should have happened.If Zack Charbonnet is not there I guess it’s worth the Risk ? I like a BIGGER NFL ready player though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Here's a RB that I am sure McVay is all over. Draft projections say maybe day 3 but this is a guy our coach will play on day one. He demonstrates how good this class is I think. Smooth runner, good vision, excellent contact balance, and has some wheels.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU3tFVcOfMA

Love Sean Tucker. Legit track speed, runs hard inside, great vision. Only question I have is third down value; he should not ever be used in pass protection, and he needs work on his hands. If some team manages to improve his receiving skills, they could have a solid running back with elite athleticism in a later round.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Also, if we don't want to take a running back until the seventh round, I'd go for Lew Nichols III. Pretty big back at 5'11", 220 lbs., and he has solid speed, exceptional physicality and vision. He's also twenty-one (will be twenty-two in July), so he's a fairly young back. Like Tucker, he needs to work on his third down value. He also had injury issues last year (only played nine games and struggled after a huge workload last year where he had over 1,800 yards and sixteen touchdowns), so that's concerning, but I love this kid as well.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Love Sean Tucker. Legit track speed, runs hard inside, great vision. Only question I have is third down value; he should not ever be used in pass protection, and he needs work on his hands. If some team manages to improve his receiving skills, they could have a solid running back with elite athleticism in a later round.
Agreed. But if he was plug 'n play in his pass pro he'd go a bit earlier than day 3 I think. The guy is really good all around except for that, so he does have some dev time ahead in that regard. But it also means he's a likely target for the Rams because they can sit him behind Akers and use him for depth and have themselves his replacement best case if he gets that pass pro mastered.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we get Charbonnet I do believe I might shit myself. Figuratively speaking. :laugh3:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If we get Charbonnet I do believe I might shit myself. Figuratively speaking. :laugh3:
Even if its at 36? I might be brewing up something from the other end if that happens.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if its at 36? I might be brewing up something from the other end if that happens.
I love power backs. But in today's league you can't go too crazy getting them too early. So IMO 36 is too early for Charbonnet because he's not gonna be a big pass game impact type. To go early you need to be able to threaten in the pass game IMO. Or be a straight freak in terms of breakaway speed and flipping the field.

This is why I say Gibbs is first RB off the board. And why I would not want to see Charbonnet at 36 but he might fall to a spot where we can get him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love power backs. But in today's league you can't go too crazy getting them too early. So IMO 36 is too early for Charbonnet because he's not gonna be a big pass game impact type. To go early you need to be able to threaten in the pass game IMO. Or be a straight freak in terms of breakaway speed and flipping the field.

This is why I say Gibbs is first RB off the board. And why I would not want to see Charbonnet at 36 but he might fall to a spot where we can get him.
The question I always ask about that kind of backs is does McVay want that kind of back? I know RoD does they want a FB too. But aside from rare occasions of a TE being used as a FB or Skow in all his years with the Rams coach hasn't had a FB on the team. Carter was rumored to be able to be used as a FB instead of TE but he was listed as a TE, an inactive one at that. That kind of back just hasn't been in McVay's playbook so does anybody think that really changes this year?

Also Malcolm Brown was a cheap vet who was only active for 11 games and had 18 carries on the year and is only listed as 8 lbs bigger than Akers for the record.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I wouldn’t mess around. Keep this RB local.Excellent size & vision. Always keeps his feet moving.

As a huge UCLA football fan, I've tried not to think too much about the possibility of drafting Zach, as that would be completely beyond my wildest dreams. Zach could be our every-down back as he has more upside than Cam. It would be awesome if we could draft him. We really need an edge....and a CB now too so I'm not sure we would take him assuming he'd be there.

But it would be awesome if we did.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As a huge UCLA football fan, I've tried not to think too much about the possibility of drafting Zach, as that would be completely beyond my wildest dreams. Zach could be our every-down back as he has more upside than Cam. It would be awesome if we could draft him. We really need an edge....and a CB now too so I'm not sure we would take him assuming he'd be there.

But it would be awesome if we did.

Agree ,but could you imagine The Rams with D. Cook & Gurley in 2017? CJ Anderson was amazing.
I just like having 2 solid RB’s,especially with Cam Akers becoming a FA. There is a big RB from TCU that would fit as well.

-There will be a few players sitting there at #36,but don’t see Zach Charbonnet slipping to #69

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Agree ,but could you imagine The Rams with D. Cook & Gurley in 2017? CJ Anderson was amazing.
I just like having 2 solid RB’s,especially with Cam Akers becoming a FA. There is a big RB from TCU that would fit as well.

-There will be a few players sitting there at #36,but don’t see Zach Charbonnet slipping to #69
I'm with you on that. Hell....I like using 3 RBs to be honest with you. But definitely at least 2. The way we hit the Cowboys with CJ and Gurley in the playoffs that year was heaven to me.

I wish McVay would utilize 2 RBs more this season. I know when he was our RB coach Thomas Brown was more of a proponent for having 1 main guy, but now that he's moved on, I hope are new RB can influence McVay to use a more committee approach. Cam and Williams are a nice place to start but we need to draft another RB...AND have some UDFAs in camp to compete as well.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Agreed. But if he was plug 'n play in his pass pro he'd go a bit earlier than day 3 I think. The guy is really good all around except for that, so he does have some dev time ahead in that regard. But it also means he's a likely target for the Rams because they can sit him behind Akers and use him for depth and have themselves his replacement best case if he gets that pass pro mastered.

Very much agreed. There's real value in this running back class; it's not just the guys at the top, but guys like Tucker, Abanikanda, and Nichols in the later rounds. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams draft Abanikanda or Tucker. Nichols would be a pleasant surprise.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm with you on that. Hell....I like using 3 RBs to be honest with you. But definitely at least 2. The way we hit the Cowboys with CJ and Gurley in the playoffs that year was heaven to me.

I wish McVay would utilize 2 RBs more this season. I know when he was our RB coach Thomas Brown was more of a proponent for having 1 main guy, but now that he's moved on, I hope are new RB can influence McVay to use a more committee approach. Cam and Williams are a nice place to start but we need to draft another RB...AND have some UDFAs in camp to compete as well.
Hard call in how The Rams have used their RB’s in the past .
Malcom Brown I believe had The Rams last TD (rushing?)in 2022.

I like having a bigger RB & Sony is a nice example of that in 2021.
In 2022 The Rams didn’t address the position.

The scary thing is a couple of things,but just to keep it fresh. If Jones(training camp) didn’t get hurt would Mcvay went with Henderson & Jones heading into 2021 ? Sony Michael was a BLESSING!
It shows The Rams offensive line isn’t all that bad when he leaves & gets cut from Miami & SD(chargers).
These are examples & I also thought The Rams were going to pick up SONY from NE. Just concerned if The Rams(Snead &Mcvay) would neglected the RB spot.

Have to add Thomas Brown only wanted a 1 TE system as well ? The neglected of The TE spot was bad as well.

An go into that as well. Cheers
Let’s hope The Rams find a bigger RB(extra) to go with Akers & Williams.

Add why did Mcvay WASTE a ROSTER SPOT on JAKE FUNK!!
He looked like CRAP in the Preseason.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I love charbs- but for some reason he doesn’t seem like the typical McSnead RB picks. We’ll see because it’s obvious one of these picks is gonna be a RB (maybe even 2).

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The question I always ask about that kind of backs is does McVay want that kind of back? I know RoD does they want a FB too. But aside from rare occasions of a TE being used as a FB or Skow in all his years with the Rams coach hasn't had a FB on the team. Carter was rumored to be able to be used as a FB instead of TE but he was listed as a TE, an inactive one at that. That kind of back just hasn't been in McVay's playbook so does anybody think that really changes this year?

Also Malcolm Brown was a cheap vet who was only active for 11 games and had 18 carries on the year and is only listed as 8 lbs bigger than Akers for the record.
Yeah and that was what I was alluding to. There is no point in getting myself all hopeful that he'll draft a power back and I recognize that the league at large wants what he wants as well, to a greater or lesser degree. Everyone prioritizes the pass game impact now and all things being equal those guys have more impact on offenses plus are harder to find.

But... I do find it funny that in both our Super Bowl seasons the offense was on-tracked by the addition of a power back to McVay's offense. And I also think his offense is at its best with a power element from that backfield.

Why is that the case? Because McVay represents a weird branch of the WCO. He is a fan of stretching the field vertically like the old classic offenses did. Which were always favored by power backs. When he's got that in the backfield his offense rolls. He just doesn't realize it, or he feels like with the right back (one who can do both) he can get the best of both worlds like when Gurley was healthy.

So we'll see. But I agree.