OFFICIAL 2023 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
You don't need to be a highly picked RB to be a top 3 guy in the NFL. All that would mean is that he's in a good offense where they hand him the ball and best-utilize his skills. Like he has currently in college.

But watching his tape the guy does everything well I just don't think he is special. He has been put up there near the top of round 1 like he is special. He has been talked about like he is special. But in each phase of his game he is good not great, except for production which is certainly valuable and I would love to see us take him if he is there, however as we are talking about which RB goes off the board first I don't think he is the slam dunk everyone sells him as.

So yeah, if he goes top ten feel free to roast me on this. If he even goes before Gibbs do the same. Because I figure NFL teams are seeing what I'm seeing, it just hasn't filtered to the media nutsacks yet. Could be way wrong though, and wouldn't be the first time.

:beer2::woozy2:
Yeah, I don't think he goes top 10 either. I feel very strongly that he goes in the 1st and likely to a good team. If he goes to Eagles (visiting them now) he's going to be very successful and a top 3-5 back IMO. I'll definitely keep the receipt about Gibbs going above him though :laugh2:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Looking at the rankings of various sites....PFF, CBS, Draftbuzz, etc......they all have different rankings of course. As will many NFL teams. And considering our "perceived" needs, a look at Edge & CB, when #36 comes around.....if that's the way the Rams go, we're going to get a good one at either position. Figure 5-6 Edge players drafted in the first 32 and 5-6 CBs. That leaves a lot of talent left at #36. The question is, if we get a stud no matter which way we went, which would be better to pass on at #36? Edge or CB?

We could end up with Banks or Cam Smith for CB, McDonald IV or Anudike-Uzo....for edge.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1679668926151.png

1679668964914.png

1679669111058.png

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'd take Julius Brents. He got GREAT coaching at the University of Iowa by the GOAT Phil Parker before transferring for more playing time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd take Julius Brents. He got GREAT coaching at the University of Iowa by the GOAT Phil Parker before transferring for more playing time.
Love to have him and it's looking more and more like a 2nd round pick than the 3rd I mocked him.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't say I'd be happy about Brents at #36 personally. In the 3rd, sure! I'm leaning more and more to hoping the Rams take the best Edge at #36, or, trade back and grab Edge, CB, or Center.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View attachment 59239
View attachment 59240
View attachment 59241
Excited to see the Rams have interest in McDonald ante Abedawore. If we do draft Adebawore (think he's a first rounder though) we will immediately need a nickname for him.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
LOL
I've had Trey Palmer going in the 5'th round since my Mar. 5 mock.
Yes... and I had Adeboware as the Rams pick at #36 days before you did.

Let's call it "like-minded," shall we? I don't think there's a Huey Lewis/Ray Parker, Jr. thing going on here. :angel:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yes... and I had Adeboware as the Rams pick at #36 days before you did.

Let's call it "like-minded," shall we? I don't think there's a Huey Lewis/Ray Parker, Jr. thing going on here. :angel:

You're a funny kind of guy, aren't you ?

I had Adetomiwa Adebawore going in the 4'th round in my Feb. 5 mock (Post #12), a full month before the Combine, I moved him up to the 3'rd round Mar. 5, two days into the Combine, then in my next mock and ever since have had him in the 2'nd round. Now there is talk of his being gone in the 1'st, and although deserving imo, I'm still holding on to the hope that he falls to us.
Like minded ? I don't believe so.

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
You're a funny kind of guy, aren't you ?

I had Adetomiwa Adebawore going in the 4'th round in my Feb. 5 mock (Post #12), a full month before the Combine, I moved him up to the 3'rd round Mar. 5, two days into the Combine, then in my next mock and ever since have had him in the 2'nd round. Now there is talk of his being gone in the 1'st, and although deserving imo, I'm still holding on to the hope that he falls to us.
Like minded ? I don't believe so.

When you see a car drive by that is the same make and model as your car, do you presume the owner copied you? :eyeroll:

Sorry, but I really don’t study your mocks, so if there is commonality, it is organic.

For the record, Adeboware was on my “watch list” I posted in November, then listed as the No. 20 prospect on the draft board I posted in the first week of February. He’s moved up since then due to a strong Senior Bowl week, followed by an outstanding Combine.

Let’s hope he falls to us.

Last edited:

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Can’t wait until the draft. Since no FAs, this is the only way we’re adding players (except maybe cheap ones later down the road). Idc if they are mid/late round guys. Fresh meat is exciting nonetheless. Hoping & praying for some great draft luck this year for the Rams.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can’t wait until the draft. Since no FAs, this is the only way we’re adding players (except maybe cheap ones later down the road). Idc if they are mid/late round guys. Fresh meat is exciting nonetheless. Hoping & praying for some great draft luck this year for the Rams.
Oh damn free agency is over and I missed it?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon