OFFICIAL 2023 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The headline for the article would have you believe that Kirkland was a target draft prospect, as if the writer had some inside knowledge of whom Rams are targeting. But when reading the article no where does he quote anyone with some insight of the Ram’s plans, he only points that this prospect is the kind of person they are looking at. Misleading.
You 100% correct.

I've not had many discussions in ROD on the prospective players coming out in the last few yrs.

So many different variables & elements going into any real chances of guessing who Snead will select. I sure enjoyed it when I was doing it it was fun but time-consuming.

Snead does like to look toward the NW when signing or drafting players.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
IIRC missed quite a bit of time to injuries.
And that article says, "was forced to move inside because of an ankle injury.....but really he's an OT". I admit, it seems the Rams like those versatile guys who can play both G and T. What they really need to find is those guys who can play both G and C. It seems we have a lot of T's. Noteboom (who's played G but is a better T), Jackson (who can play G), Havenstein (strictly T), Thomas (some believe he can play G) and Arcuri. At guard we have Anchrum, Bruss, Jackson if Noteboom holds down LT and Shelton when he's not playing C. Allen just a C. So in reality we have 5 T's and 2 guards and 2 centers. GET A FOOKING CENTER OR CENTER/GUARD.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He declared last year then returned to UW because an ankle injury kept him out of the draft process. Also there's the list of games played per year here.

Two full seasons, the 4 was the covid shortened year the last two he missed 2 and 3 games each and left a couple early from what I read too.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Saw an interesting mock recently that has us going edge with our first two picks and a CB with our 2nd 3rd rounder. So two edge and a cb with our first 3 picks, then loading up on the IOL. Wouldn't be a bad way to start the rebuild. I'm using "rebuild" as my term, you can of course call it what you like.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is my case as to why we need to go after RB Jamyr Gibbs, and go after him HARD.

* He was clocked running 22.3 MPH on one of his 70+ yard TD runs. He can turn on the jets instantly and spin on a dime.

* He has great vision and will hit a hole hard and go the distance if the defense isn't ready. He can also turn a corner with his speed and cutting ability.

* Did I mention he runs a route tree like a WR? One website describes him as faster Deebo Samuel.

* He will only be 21 years old in his first NFL season, like Marshall Faulk was at Indianapolis. Like Marshall, He is an excellent dual threat WR/RB combo who will fit into any scheme. This guy is a freakin' weapon and would be an incredible toy for Sean McVay, like Marshall was for Vermeil/Martz.

* Unlike Marshall, Jamyr isn't a great pass blocker, but he is teachable and could be great if the Rams focused on it in his first training camp. At Alabama, they would insert pass blocking RB's in his place and so he never had to work on that skill.

* He can be a power runner, but would need to add some weight if that was his long term role. But we know McVay doesn't want to run that kind of offense. McVay wants a weapon and not simply a power back.

* As I mentioned earlier, Jamyr has a lot of prime years available to his prospective NFL team. I know Marshall is a HOFer, but imagine if Jamyr imitated Marshall Faulk's first 8 years? Marshall had 4 seasons of 1300 + yards rushing in 16 game seasons. In 8 years, he had seven 1000 + yard seasons. Marshall was always a great route runner and was devastating after he got into the second level. We all remember his 1381 yards rushing and 1048 yard receiving season in 1999 and imagine Gibbs doing that for us in 2023 or 2024?

* Conventional wisdom says that RB is a disposable position, but then the NFL always goes in cycles. If Jamyr is THAT guy for the next 8 years or more and he is pivotal in a couple of championship seasons, other teams will copy that if they can. McSnead doesn't always follow NFL norms and so could change up his drafting strategy.

So work your magic, Les and go get this guy. Talent like his is special and doesn't come available every year.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Saw an interesting mock recently that has us going edge with our first two picks and a CB with our 2nd 3rd rounder. So two edge and a cb with our first 3 picks, then loading up on the IOL. Wouldn't be a bad way to start the rebuild. I'm using "rebuild" as my term, you can of course call it what you like.
I think they will come out of this draft with one edge and a corner. Not sure if they can afford more than that with all our needs but I'd be fine with a defense heavy class.

Just look for instant impact types with good production and low injury history and hope we find an elite player. But this can't be a high risk lottery type group we need starters.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is my case as to why we need to go after RB Jamyr Gibbs, and go after him HARD.

* He was clocked running 22.3 MPH on one of his 70+ yard TD runs. He can turn on the jets instantly and spin on a dime.

* He has great vision and will hit a hole hard and go the distance if the defense isn't ready. He can also turn a corner with his speed and cutting ability.

* Did I mention he runs a route tree like a WR? One website describes him as faster Deebo Samuel.

* He will only be 21 years old in his first NFL season, like Marshall Faulk was at Indianapolis. Like Marshall, He is an excellent dual threat WR/RB combo who will fit into any scheme. This guy is a freakin' weapon and would be an incredible toy for Sean McVay, like Marshall was for Vermeil/Martz.

* Unlike Marshall, Jamyr isn't a great pass blocker, but he is teachable and could be great if the Rams focused on it in his first training camp. At Alabama, they would insert pass blocking RB's in his place and so he never had to work on that skill.

* He can be a power runner, but would need to add some weight if that was his long term role. But we know McVay doesn't want to run that kind of offense. McVay wants a weapon and not simply a power back.

* As I mentioned earlier, Jamyr has a lot of prime years available to his prospective NFL team. I know Marshall is a HOFer, but imagine if Jamyr imitated Marshall Faulk's first 8 years? Marshall had 4 seasons of 1300 + yards rushing in 16 game seasons. In 8 years, he had seven 1000 + yard seasons. Marshall was always a great route runner and was devastating after he got into the second level. We all remember his 1381 yards rushing and 1048 yard receiving season in 1999 and imagine Gibbs doing that for us in 2023 or 2024?

* Conventional wisdom says that RB is a disposable position, but then the NFL always goes in cycles. If Jamyr is THAT guy for the next 8 years or more and he is pivotal in a couple of championship seasons, other teams will copy that if they can. McSnead doesn't always follow NFL norms and so could change up his drafting strategy.

So work your magic, Les and go get this guy. Talent like his is special and doesn't come available every year.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your case nicely summarizes why he's got zero chance in hell of being there for us at 36. Unless there's some sort of character flag we don't know about or an injury concern or something that dude will be off the board by the 20s when the good teams are on the clock.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Your case nicely summarizes why he's got zero chance in hell of being there for us at 36. Unless there's some sort of character flag we don't know about or an injury concern or something that dude will be off the board by the 20s when the good teams are on the clock.
Without much knowledge of anything much as far as who The Rams need to draft.
—The question I have to anybody is TOP 5 RB’s 1-5

Will help size weight & 40 just to add a vision of comparables

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
”That’s why I’m movin’ on up…to the big tike George Jefferson![“ ~ McSnead/color]

Psycho_X

Legend
Rams trade up for Will Levis in latest mock.

We rounded out last week's pro day travels with a stop in Lexington, Kentucky to see Will Levis in person. He's built like a linebacker and watching him throw the ball in person is something to behold -- you can actually hear the passes whistle -- but questions remain about his ability to layer the ball to all three levels, and some inconsistencies when he rolls to his left. There's talk that he could slip on draft day and depending on how long he lasts, maybe a team like the Rams would make a move to get him. Because if anyone can get the most out of Levis' ability, it's Sean McVay. (In this mock trade, the Rams get pick No. 18 and the Lions get picks 36, 77, and a 2024 2nd-rounder.)

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't understand why Levis would fall all that much. He lost his OL and his OC which affected his play last season. Guy fought through injuries and was out there battling and people acting like he's a shitter. Just don't get it. He must be a real asshole in the locker room if he does fall, I'll say that, because otherwise teams are smart enough to consider what is around them.

Imagine Levis behind that Bama OL and with that eleven around him. What happens. So if we somehow get Levis I would probably shit myself because he looks like the real deal to me.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

We rounded out last week's pro day travels with a stop in Lexington, Kentucky to see Will Levis in person. He's built like a linebacker and watching him throw the ball in person is something to behold -- you can actually hear the passes whistle -- but questions remain about his ability to layer the ball to all three levels, and some inconsistencies when he rolls to his left. There's talk that he could slip on draft day and depending on how long he lasts, maybe a team like the Rams would make a move to get him. Because if anyone can get the most out of Levis' ability, it's Sean McVay. (In this mock trade, the Rams get pick No. 18 and the Lions get picks 36, 77, and a 2024 2nd-rounder.)

If McVay and the Rams love him and believe in him as our QB of the future, then great trade. Giving up our #36 & #77 this year is definitely conceding the 2023 season, but some feel we may have already done that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Oh man, I would love to see Levis with McVay.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If McVay and the Rams love him and believe in him as our QB of the future, then great trade. Giving up our #36 & #77 this year is definitely conceding the 2023 season, but some feel we may have already done that.

IS there A REALISTIC VALUE?

If so then The Rams better trade up and draft a franchise player right now no matter who is there!! 50 point difference.

I go back to Rams trading up to get Johnathan Taylor in 2020.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think the Rams are looking at Derrick Hall, edge out of Auburn. The kid has speed, only 6'2" but his 34.5" arms gives him excellent length. He's versatile and isn't a liability when dropping into coverage. He has the athleticism that Snead covets and huge upsides. He's the type of player that can contribute immediately but will improve with a sold training regime and coaching. He's got Pro Bowl potential. He is a match for replacing Floyd at JACK. He would solve their edge problem for years. He should be on the board at 36.

With AD, Murchison inside, and Hoecht and Hall on the edges that would be a pretty good DL. With Jones and Copeland behind them it would be a tough front 6 to run against. I still see Morris playing a two-deep shell zone with 3 safeties. The third safety is probably Fuller covering that middle zone with Lake and Yeast in the two deep zones. If Pleasant plays it aggressively with man on the boundaries it could be a decent base scheme as it would take away the short quick pass. Pleasant has two good boundary CBs in Durant and Rochell.

The key would be for Pleasant to coach the DBs to play aggressively within the structure of Morris' conservative scheme. If he can make that QB hold the ball for just one second longer the rush will get there to at least pressure him. Fuller has shown he knows how to play that short to mid-range zone.

What the Rams need if this is the type of defense they are going to play is a fast, athletic coverage LB as they had in Bobby Wagner. It's why it wouldn't surprise me if the Rams took an OLB Edge at 36 and then a fast coverage ILB in the third round. They stripped the defense so now they can start replenishing the roster. So edge, CB, and ILB as their first 3 picks wouldn't surprise me in the least, replacing Floyd, Ramsey, and Wagner.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think the Rams are looking at Derrick Hall, edge out of Auburn. The kid has speed, only 6'2" but his 34.5" arms gives him excellent length. He's versatile and isn't a liability when dropping into coverage. He has the athleticism that Snead covets and huge upsides. He's the type of player that can contribute immediately but will improve with a sold training regime and coaching. He's got Pro Bowl potential. He is a match for replacing Floyd at JACK. He would solve their edge problem for years. He should be on the board at 36.

With AD, Murchison inside, and Hoecht and Hall on the edges that would be a pretty good DL. With Jones and Copeland behind them it would be a tough front 6 to run against. I still see Morris playing a two-deep shell zone with 3 safeties. The third safety is probably Fuller covering that middle zone with Lake and Yeast in the two deep zones. If Pleasant plays it aggressively with man on the boundaries it could be a decent base scheme as it would take away the short quick pass. Pleasant has two good boundary CBs in Durant and Rochell.

The key would be for Pleasant to coach the DBs to play aggressively within the structure of Morris' conservative scheme. If he can make that QB hold the ball for just one second longer the rush will get there to at least pressure him. Fuller has shown he knows how to play that short to mid-range zone.

What the Rams need if this is the type of defense they are going to play is a fast, athletic coverage LB as they had in Bobby Wagner. It's why it wouldn't surprise me if the Rams took an OLB Edge at 36 and then a fast coverage ILB in the third round. They stripped the defense so now they can start replenishing the roster. So edge, CB, and ILB as their first 3 picks wouldn't surprise me in the least, replacing Floyd, Ramsey, and Wagner.
MLB ? I’d say OT(swing), RB(220
Plus), possible back qb?