OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wonder what he called him in the 01 playoff game where Kurt was sitting on the bench laughing at favre commit 8 turnovers with half of them returned to the house.

I'm sure Kurt enjoyed Farve's demise that's for damn sure.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Spotrac and overthecap both right now show only a dollar amount for 2022 and nothing for 23 or 24 but he'll be a UFA in 2025. Right now we know nothing other than he's signed for 2022 at $1.5 million cost to the Rams. It may have been a rework of the deal we just don't know yet.
Yeah I don’t get it

1651635468708.png

But not sure I want to put that much effort into figuring out capology.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Unfortunate indeed.

But we had to recognize that after the Hill deal, and all the draft picks and free agents, that we weren't going to put any more resources into the secondary.

I'm just hoping for OBJ and an Edge for now and maybe some improvements for the practice squad after the first few cuts.
I wouldn't say that we aren't going after anyone because we all know that the Rams always look for ways to improve. I'd be ok with trading away Long for a future pick (6th or 7th rounder) if we can somehow fit Bradberry in because the Rams don't view Long as someone we'd resign. Not saying it'll happen but with this FO, ya never know.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I don’t get it

View attachment 53977
But not sure I want to put that much effort into figuring out capology.
And spotrac says he signed a 2 year contract with the Brownies. But articles say it was a 4 year deal. Who knows what the end result will be.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Getting to know the LA Rams 2022 undrafted free agents

Les Snead and Sean McVay reportedly sign 16 undrafted rookies.

By Venie Randy Soares May 3, 2022
1651672727902.png

After the requisite Les Snead draft day moves, the Loa Angeles Rams finished the 2022 NFL Draft with eight shiny, new prospects and welcomed cornerback Troy Hill back into the fold with a trade.

When the nine draftees sign their deals, that will bring the contacted roster up to 75 players. Since the Rams get a roster extension for signing international player Max Pircher, they need 16 more players to fill out the preseason trying limit.

LA has now filled those openings So far, these signings are just reports, the Rams have not made any official announcements.

Kicker Cameron Dicker - Texas
Four year starter as place kicker. According to Sports Reference, he converted 75.9% of field goals and missed only four PAT’s. Booted 68% of kickoffs through the end zone with four sailing out of bounds. Ability to kick it deep or directionally. An injury forced him into the punter role as a junior, he did double duty as punter/placekicker as a senior. Over 55 punts he averaged 46.3 yards per kick with 11 inside the twenty yard line and 16 traveling over 50 yards. Strong leg with good hang time

Safety Jairon McVea - Baylor 5’ 9” 182 lbs.
Good speed at 4.45. Adequate in movement with 4.32 shuttle and 7.36 3cone, but good explosion and strength with 19 bench reps, 36” vertical and 10’ 1” broad. Role player in the secondary with only seven starts in the last two years, but has deep special teams experience. In zone coverage he follows quarterbacks eyes, reads routes and breaks on ball. Willing and physical in run support. Lacks size, length and play time.

Safety Daniel Isom - Washington State 5’ 10” 191 lbs.
Only participated in bench press at Pro Day, 12 reps. Finished second in 110 and 300 meter high hurdles at Missouri state high school finals. Originally signed to Northern Illinois and redshirted as a sophomore and then transferred to junior college for a season.Signed at Washington State in 2019 and had seven starts at cornerback and safety before being kicked off team for undisclosed reasons. New coach re-instated him in 2020 and he became a team captain 2021. Brings versatility to play all secondary positions, good on blitzes, and ball skills.

Edge Brayden Thomas - North Dakota State 6’ 3” 258 lbs.
Power rusher who plays in both standing and down stance. Had 25 reps at the bench. Good explosion with 32” vertical and 9’ 3” broad. Adequate speed, 4.92 forty. to help on special teams. good shuttle at 4.40, but had a stellar 6.90 3cone.Uses big, strong hands/punch and linear burst to turn speed to power and win. Doesn’t have speed and bend around corner, which may limit him. He’s willing and physical enough to mix it up inside, but needs to play with lower pads/ leverage in NFL.

2022 NCAA Division I Football Championship

Off ball linebacker Jake Hummel - Iowa State 6’ 2” 225 lbs.
Strong, athletic, and smart. Four-time First Team All-Academic Big 12 honoree. Ran 4.51 in the forty, a stellar 6.83 3cone, and a 4.30 shuttle. In explosion drills, he leapt 10’ 6” in the broad jump and 37” in the vertical. He topped it off with 21 reps on the bench.Thumping, physical style of play, best playing downhill versus the run but has the movement skills to be a three down player, His backpedal slows him from getting good depth in coverage and he’s needs to work on reacting to receivers when the cross his position.

Cornerback Caesar Williams - Wisconsin 6’ 190 lbs.
Good sized corner who suited to play in zone coverage. Lacks the long speed to turn and run with NFL speed, timed 4.57 and 4.67 at Pro Day. But has short area quickness and agility, 7.00 3cone and 4.26 shuttle. Average explosion with 32 1/2” vertical and 9’ 8” broad.Tracks passes well and has the burst to break on ball, timing and competitiveness to disrupt the receiver. Plays physical versus the run, might be a candidate to move to safety and add value on special teams.

Cornerback Duron Lowe - Liberty 5’ 10” 186 lbs.
Transfer from UT El Paso. Stellar speed and athletic traits. Both stellar long speed, 4.41 forty, and adequate in short area, 7.31 3cone and 4.31 shuttle. Explosive hopper with a 35” vertical and 10’ 1” broad.College coach says he’s got great football IQ. Willing and aggressive in run support. Sticky in man coverage, but lacks size and length. He adds value as kickoff returner, good vision and ability to cut at speed.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: NOV 20 Louisiana at Liberty

Edge Keir Thomas - Florida State 6’ 1” 255 lbs.
Multi-year starter in Power Five conferences, played five years at South Carolina before transferring. Pro Day testing was only adequate. 4.97 forty, 19 reps on bench, 30 1/2” vertical and 9’ broad.More of a 4-3 prospect, but adds versatility by playing up and down the line. On film, he shows good burst off snap and good few step quickness. Wins by keeping eyes on ball, relentless hustle, and strong tackling. Has good recognition and awareness.

Guard Jack Snyder - San Jose State 6’ 5” 309 lbs.
52 starts in college at left and right tackle. Relatively short arms, 31 1/4”, and wingspan, 78 1/2”, may mean move to guard, or even center. Good movement skills, 5.15 forty, 7.70 3cone, and 4.58 shuttle. Had solid 25 reps on the bench, 27 1/2” vertical and 9’ 1” broad. Plays with good leverage and technique in both run and pass sets. Good get-off and first step help in stretching run quick set up vs. pass rush. Lateral move skills and smoothly getting to second level are fit for outside zone. Awareness is good on stunts and blitzes. Was on many draft experts sleeper lists.

Cornerback TJ Carter - TCU 5’ 9” 189 lbs.
Graduate transfer who originally signed at Memphis. Good speed and agility with a 4.57 forty, 7.21 3cone and 4.15 shuttle. Good 37” vertical and adequate 9’ 5” broad. Adds versatility as cornerback, and deep safety, either weak, strong or single.Aggressive, alpha dog mentality. Sticky in converage and shows good awareness in zone. Can recognize routes and then read and react. Lacks prototypical size and length for a thumping safety and like to gamble at corner.has good ball skills, but lacks the long speed to make up ground.

Tight end Roger Carter - Georgia Southern 6’ 2” 256 lbs.
Four year starter, has many academic honors to go with football accolades. At 4.84 for the forty, he lacks long speed, but showed good agility and short area quickness with a 7.20 3cone and 4.34 shuttle. Good lower body power with 37” vertical and 9’ 10” broad. One of the few players that was reported to have met with the Rams in pre-draft process. Has very good hands and good length, catches away fro his body and runs with power. Limited route tree in college run based offense, but has good blocking skills.

Defensive tackle Elijah Garcia - Rice 6’ 5” 290 lbs.
Prospect with versatility to play up all line positions. Good solidly built frame, with room for for more good weight. Tremendous 35” arm length and 82 1/2” wingspan with power, 25 reps on bench. Solid speed and agility, 5.01 forty, 7.40 3cone, and 4.55 shuttle. Good hops with 30” vertical and 9’ 6” broad.Wins by making use of his strong length, nimble feet, and leverage. Clamps on and does not miss tackles. Shows hustle and no quit attitude in pursuit. Needs technique work and alittle more lower body strength /mass.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: SEP 14 Texas v Rice

Edge Andrzej Hughes-Murray - Oregon State 6’ 2” 244 lbs.
High school state wrestling champion. Shows upper strength/explosion with 25 reps on the bench, as well as lower, 35 1/2” vertical and 10’ broad jump. Only adequate with a 4.80 forty, but good agility, 4.38 shuttle and short area quickness, 7.15 3cone.He looks the part and plays hard, but just doesn’t make a lot of plays. Decent length, athleticism, and hustle might get a look on special teams.

Edge Benton Whitley - Holy Cross 6’ 3” 257 lbs.
Powerfully built, dominant FCS player with great arm length at 34 1/2” and an 80 1/2” wingspan. Had an adequate 4.80 forty, a good 7.19 3cone and 4.41 shuttle. He pushed a solid 24 reps on the bench. His hustling, hot motor style and functional athleticism will help on special teams.High school state champion wrestler shows good low leverage and contact balance. Not a speed rusher but has good get-off, hand use, and enough bend to get around corners. His outside burst sets up his inside moves.Needs pro technique work to compete in NFL. Relentless pursuer.

Tight end Jamal Pettigrew - McNeese State 6’6” 244 lbs.
Graduate transfer from LSU. Stellar 34” arms and 80” wingspan with just adequate athleticism. He ran a 4.84 forty, 7.31 3cone, 4.55 shuttle and added a 36” vertical, 9’ 9” broad and 20 reps at the bench.Limited route tree at McNeese, but blocked in outside zone scheme. Shows soft hands and good downfield running ability when he has a chance to stretch out those long legs. Certainly a mismatch on all but the longest safeties and cornerbacks. Needs some lower body strength work.

Defensive tackle Dion Novil - North Texas 6’ 1” 300 lbs.
Nose tackle with good length for his height, 32 1/2” arms and 79” wingspan. Has adequate speed with 5.18 forty, good explosion on 29 1/2” vertical and 8’ 8” broad. Kind of heavy-footed on 5.00 shuttle and 7.97 3cone. Stellar 27 reps on bench press.More of a gap plugger than mover, probably needs some mass for that role. Plays with strength and leverage and is more agile on tape than he tested. He has good get-off and pursues wit a hot motor. He could see some snaps with some hand technique improvement.

The Rams are ready to go

That’s it, a full 90 man roster. All steadying for the grind of training camp, and for most of them, the battle for a spot on the bottom half of the roster. These roster battles are important. Between the extended season, a rash of injuries and COVID19, last year saw a lot of players who are normally backups and reserves getting important snaps and doing, overall, a good job.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sure 2023 and 2024 were voidable years.
Who knows at this point in time. Overthecap says they are spotrac doesn't list them at all. We'll find out sooner or later. If they are or even if they aren't he's a heck of a bargain for us.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Who knows at this point in time. Overthecap says they are spotrac doesn't list them at all. We'll find out sooner or later. If they are or even if they aren't he's a heck of a bargain for us.
I guess my point was that voidable years would impact the cap hit to Cleveland but the Rams are relatively clean, with Hill counting just $1.5M (his base salary) against their 2022 cap; and no cap implications to the Rams beyond 2022.

Under Contract Notes for Hill, Spotrac does mention 2023 and 2024 as voidable years.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess my point was that voidable years would impact the cap hit to Cleveland but the Rams are relatively clean, with Hill counting just $1.5M (his base salary) against their 2022 cap; and no cap implications to the Rams beyond 2022.

Under Contract Notes for Hill, Spotrac does mention 2023 and 2024 as voidable years.
Yeah they just changed that it wasn't there Monday so looks like we do get him for 1 year $1.5 million and the Brownies eat some cap.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Getting to know the LA Rams 2022 undrafted free agents

Of course, I have no idea ... at all.

I am most intrigued by the TEs because the Rams seem thin there; and the development of Blanton.
Read about Hummel, and he seems like a true "Baller" who lacks size. Maybe he pushes Rozeboom.
Snyder because I am not a fan of Kolone, and don't see Evans on the roster beyond 2022.
Novil as a Practice Squad player, and some insurance in case Bobby Brown fails to develop.

Of course all these guys are probably best-suited for the Practice Squad in the short-term.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some really intriguing UDFAs. :thumbsup1:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Suh is still unsigned. As is Gronk. Gronk is probably not available with Tom going back on his retirement like the irritating fuck he is. But either of those guys makes our roster better if we can get them on the cheap and hurts the Bucs.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The Liberty DB looks interesting as well

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Of course, I have no idea ... at all.

I am most intrigued by the TEs because the Rams seem thin there; and the development of Blanton.
Read about Hummel, and he seems like a true "Baller" who lacks size. Maybe he pushes Rozeboom.
Snyder because I am not a fan of Kolone, and don't see Evans on the roster beyond 2022.
Novil as a Practice Squad player, and some insurance in case Bobby Brown fails to develop.

Of course all these guys are probably best-suited for the Practice Squad in the short-term.
Kiem Harris got a bigger sign on Bonus so he was a priority apparently.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Hoping the "Spartan" Snyder gets some serious Pre Season time. I am pulling for him

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Suh is still unsigned. As is Gronk. Gronk is probably not available with Tom going back on his retirement like the irritating fuck he is. But either of those guys makes our roster better if we can get them on the cheap and hurts the Bucs.
I read an article the other day that had a quote from Gronk saying he will only play for the Buccs and that's only if they bring in Julian Edelman so I don't think he would come to the Rams. The move would make me feel a ton better about our TEs so Im with you on that just not sure it's a reality.