OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I think they will bring in at least 1 veteran pass rusher. Clowneys injury history might scare them. Still have decent 1 year options to give the young guys more time to develop... Ingram/Hughes/Barr would help.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Prefer the Rams wait for the next big Edge opportunity.
I like the idea of the Rams signing an Edge for depth for the start of the year, and then making a trade before the deadline if things aren’t working. I would be ok with Hughes on a cheap 1 year deal. I know he didn’t have many sacks last year, but I feel like he could have a decent year on this team.

If he isn’t contributing then the Rams can look to add someone through trade later. I can’t imagine Hughes will cost all that much. I still wish the Rams would have signed Arden Key. He is young, cheap, and was pretty effective last year in limited snaps.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think they will bring in at least 1 veteran pass rusher. Clowneys injury history might scare them. Still have decent 1 year options to give the young guys more time to develop... Ingram/Hughes/Barr would help.
I just don't know that Ingram and Hughes have much left.

Barr is younger and still a good player but has always been an OLB in a 4-3, and not an Edge in a 3-4.
In seven seasons, he has 17.5 sacks. Think I prefer Hollins and Lewis, with fingers-crossed on Garrett.

Now, if the Rams could pry-away Josh Allen from the dopey-Jaguars, I could quickly get-on-board with that!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not at this moment. We're pretty weak opposite Floyd. Had we known Von was going to BUF, we could've been in on more.
I fully agree with you here in using the word "pretty weak" in describing what the Rams have overall currently available to insert in that right side starting OLB/ER post that Miller played the last half of last season.

DC Morris was fine to start Justin Hollins for the first 3 gms @ that OLB post...Rams won all of those 3 games. during that time JH had 12 tackles/ 2 sacks & one forced fumble... he was injured & placed on the Injured Reserve. That's not a weak start of a season for a OLB'er IMO.:thumbsup1:

DC Morris had the options of going with the unhealthy Og Okoronkwo or supposedly healthy Terrell Lewis as his top reserves behind JH. Morris went mainly with TL from that point on. TL's knee held up for 3 starts for the injured JH, with 9 tackles & 3 sacks but shriveled away & came up heavy on the injury list from that point on. Lewis was never seen again after wk 12. With Okoronkwo still not healthy & JH on the IR Snead was forced to make the move at a great cost for the future assets in exchange for Von Miller.

Justin Hollins did return from the IR for Ram's last 5 gms along with the 4 postseasons gms as the main primary reserve ER to both Floyd & Miller. Summarizing JH's 2021 season 12 played games either as the starting ER or top reserve ER .....the Rams won 11 of those 12 games. Not bad!

I would expect JH will be counted on as the primary lead starting OLB'er with Floyd. As to who will surface to the top of the reserves ......there's a very BIG question.

Last edited:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Just tossing out there the giants seem like they will be releasing Bradbury he still makes a great add if he wants less to win let the kids redshirt and fight over the extra spots depth etc.

Also ogunjobi (spelling) failed his physical he still a free agent I know he a tackle but he is also menacing and can rush very well. He AD and Ashawn with Gaines rotating in with others.

Still like Hicks too but this dude is 27 yrs old if you could sign him on a decent contract then you hold one of the dt leaving won't hurt as bad but he and AD would be a nightmare as would Hicks but this kid is young ascending for me.
All that said I'd be ecstatic with what I've been saying all off season

Clowney
Bradbury

In that order

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Signing Bradberry would give us a deep ass secondary. I'm all for it if it's at a reasonable rate. Our CB spots 1-3 would be on point with Ramsey, Bradberry, and Hill as well as give our youngsters time to develop. It would also cover us in case of any injuries. It would be a smart move if the Rams feel they cannot get an edge worth their time.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yeah, that Hill trade pretty much put the brakes on a significant acquisition in Rams secondary, especially at CB.

Hill is on a 1 year leash which is just enough to give the youngsters time to sort things out. We may find by years end that we’re rather loaded at CB now.

I’m thinking (and hoping) though that Rams can sign a solid edge player soon. That would be the frosting on this offseason cake, imo.
Curious where you see Hill on a one year deal????

He signed a 4 year contract when he went to the Browns

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Spotrac and overthecap both right now show only a dollar amount for 2022 and nothing for 23 or 24 but he'll be a UFA in 2025. Right now we know nothing other than he's signed for 2022 at $1.5 million cost to the Rams. It may have been a rework of the deal we just don't know yet.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I think Hill's contract was two years, with 2023 and 2024 added as "voidable years" which allowed Cleveland to spread-out the signing bonus for cap purposes. It's cap economics, and I don't pretend to be an expert ... although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

At the end of the day, I believe Hill is on the Rams' books only for 2022, with a cap hit of his $1.5M salary. Meanwhile, the Browns will also have a 2022 cap hit for Hill.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dickish for sure but honest and I can respect that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
By the way I think Tannehill will be a bargain QB in fantasy this year. He might have lost AJ but he's got threat at wideout 3 deep now. Pairing that with that run game will be fun to watch. Them and the Colts gonna deathmatch in that division this year can't wait.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kurt's just butthurt because Favre called him Pottsey and made him carry his jock in camp before he was cut.

I wonder what he called him in the 01 playoff game where Kurt was sitting on the bench laughing at favre commit 8 turnovers with half of them returned to the house.