OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
I think we should consider Sony again, CAP be willing....
I liked Michel snd he could probably be had for close to vet minimum. But he would only be used if Akers and/or Hendo weren’t healthy. I’m guessing Rams wait u til mid season for a trade but my $$ is they will pursue one sometime this season. I think there’s already an agreement with OBJ contingent on no set backs. I’d also feel better if another OC/OG were picked up from cuts. Otherwise lock and load.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'd actually be looking for a back up guard or ILB at this point. The RB room is getting healthy at the right time. If BSwags or Jones goes down we're left with an injured Howard or Rozeboom. That is a massive downgrade. Does anyone remember the job Jones did in the Superbowl? I did, I know Skip Brainless did as well.

With no Bruss and Snyder mostly teeing off on 3rd and 4th stringers, I'm nervous about the depth there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know, I think this is a great move for them. It is all about trading him
It makes him even harder to trade, if not near impossible
He has a no trade clause, meaning he'll only approve a trade to a team that is willing to sign him to an extension. No way he'll accept a trade to play for 6.5 mill. Furthermore, in the event he did accept a trade with no contract, the team trading for him cant him in 2023.
It's a total choke job by the 49ers

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He has a no trade clause, meaning he'll only approve a trade to a team that is willing to sign him to an extension. No way he'll accept a trade to play for 6.5 mill. Furthermore, in the event he did accept a trade with no contract, the team trading for him cant him in 2023.
Well…
The contract has heavy incentives.
So, if a starter gets hurt somewhere & Jimmy likes the fit, they can trade him.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I hadn't thought of it like that. You could be right. I think he gets traded.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

oldnotdead

Legend
I'd rather have Michel than Funk. Besides, the odds are good that Funk would clear waivers and make the PS. This would make the Rams 4 deep at RB but with Henderson and Akers being injury prone # 3 & 4 need to be good. Sony and Williams would complete the room. Sony would be their short yardage guy. Or when you need to run out the clock. He's also one of the best pass blocking RBs in the league.

OBJ had his chance to sign. But he wanted unrealistic money. Now the Rams are 8 deep at WR. There is no need to sign him right now.

You have to know they are looking at OL cuts as well.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shenault is a decent receiver. That's a steal. I didn't know the Jaguars had such a surplus of talent at the position. He was a 2020 second round pick and had 63 receptions for 619 yards in 2021. That's 9.8 yards per reception. I'd rather keep him than trade him for garbage picks. How many sixth and seventh round picks have similar production.
Most comments I've read about him from Jags fans are that he can't run and can't catch. I used to think he was good not so sure now after reading about this trade.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Rams have a stash of WRs and will use one or 2 as trade bait for EDGE or OL depth and resign OBj.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Spielman was so hot and cold in the draft. He'd find some gems but have some really bad drafts.
Agreed and IMO, Vikings are much better off now. They are my sleeper team this year as I have the Vikings winning the Division under the tall Sean McVay.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

The Eagles keep improving. They’ll win the division.
A lot of love for him in the predraft process around here iirc

View: https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/1564630820245184514?s=20

Chaz Sureat was a guy that the media kept saying should be a Rams target.
Davis was very good at Ohio State, wonder if the knee injury set him back? I would give him a look, but again, going off his collegiate performance.
I bet Snead already got the lowdown from O’Connell
Spielman was so hot and cold in the draft. He'd find some gems but have some really bad drafts.
I think it’s funny that when Spielman first hit the scene and had some success many Vikings fans were calling him Spiel’God’.

Talk about jumping the gun. I really dislike Viking fans. Talk about a bunch of uneducated rubes when it comes to footballl. They are nearly as bad as Shehawks fans. Unfortunately someone that I’m very close to is a Viking fan so I have to be nice.