OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I don't know, I think this is a great move for them. It is all about trading him. They are no longer on the hook for 24 mil and they can afford to hold on to him till some QB gets knocked out for the season. Then they can ask for a higher draft pick. Of course they could keep him if Lance gets hurt or busts. This is not the scenario I was hoping for.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know, I think this is a great move for them. It is all about trading him. They are no longer on the hook for 24 mil and they can afford to hold on to him till some QB gets knocked out for the season. Then they can ask for a higher draft pick. Of course they could keep him if Lance gets hurt or busts. This is not the scenario I was hoping for.
A couple of tough games and they will cry for Jimmy G. I love the trolling possibilities...

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The disadvantage for the Rams is that the Niners with Garoppolo may be more formidable than with Lance.

With Garoppolo, the Niners beat the Rams 2X last year; and almost had the NFC Championship.

Despite the mess of ostracizing him the past two months, Garoppolo at starting-QB may make the Niners a much tougher-out.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
The disadvantage for the Rams is that the Niners with Garoppolo may be more formidable than with Lance.

With Garoppolo, the Niners beat the Rams 2X last year; and almost had the NFC Championship.

Despite the mess of ostracizing him the past two months, Garoppolo at starting-QB may make the Niners a much tougher-out.
Agree. I was looking forward to the matchup against Lance. If its Jimmy G-String, we know what to expect and it will be a knock down drag out fight. With Lance, we might roll over them easily.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Whatever the reason this was mutually agreed upon so it could be for a trade or lance sucks but keeping him as a back up can't work if lance struggles it would go bad quickly. Could of been done for him to go to Cleveland. Even though they have the cap space they probably just don't want to spend 26 million. Guess time will tell.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame

While true, it’s going to take some massive balls for Kyle to bench and possibly kill his confidence on a qb they paid 3 1st rounders on. Jimmy to me seems as a absolute last resort move, so unless Lance is Darnold type awful, he’s starting.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I would agree with you but that no trade clause is strange, what if said team loses their starting QB but Jimmy doesn't want to go there? very odd

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whatever the reason this was mutually agreed upon so it could be for a trade or lance sucks but keeping him as a back up can't work if lance struggles it would go bad quickly. Could of been done for him to go to Cleveland. Even though they have the cap space they probably just don't want to spend 26 million. Guess time will tell.
He did get a no trade clause but we don't know the full details on whether it's an absolute no trade or if he can agree to waive it. Time will tell on that detail I guess.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
It's funny Stafford elbow was the story he/we are in trouble this could be serious omg the world is falling. I'm not downplaying the elbow however as of now any football show I'm seeing everyone top toes they making this as a good idea by the 49ers. Since when has something like this ever been a good idea? Nobody wants to even utter (at least so far) that this is concerning or alarming especially with how they basically said he isn't on the team.
In theory it's a great idea but to me they have created a very bad situation especially with how he is loved by his teammates. Lance better ball out or we can sit back an watch them crumble.

Ram65

Legend

That gives the Whiners a solid option should Lance stink or get injured. The combined cap hits are very reasonable around $16M. Hope they both stink it up.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lol, Whiner fans a week ago. "I can't wait till they cut or trade him". "Me too. I just want him gone".

Whiner fans today: "Great move by the Niners!" "We have two good quarterbacks now!" "Remember Montana and Young?"