OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
As much as I love Odell in this offense... If the Rams make that deadline move I hope it is for edge. Edge is the one position where we're not up to snuff for a contender, specifically on that blindside.

I think we can do both love Jefferson but I think we can structure Obj a certain way especially playing half the season and Van is sadly the trade chip and depending on who you are chasing you can add a pick or straight up rookie contract for rookie contract. I love van don't want to see him go but whatever they do me personally got to trust them until they give me reason not too.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Edge is the one position where we're not up to snuff for a contender, specifically on that blindside.

Bold, ... especially being that we haven't seen a single snap yet out of either Lewis or Hollins this season.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bold, ... especially being that we haven't seen a single snap yet out of either Lewis or Hollins this season.
Hollins doesn't scare anyone with his rush and that isn't gonna change. Solid rotational piece at best.

Lewis I will credit once he shows he can string games together without getting hurt.

So I don't think it is bold to say edge stands out as a weakness when this roster is loaded at almost every other spot.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I don’t think there is any way to view the OL positions as “loaded”.
Even RB, TE and iLB positions are arguably thin depth wise.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Hollins doesn't scare anyone with his rush and that isn't gonna change. Solid rotational piece at best.

Lewis I will credit once he shows he can string games together without getting hurt.

So I don't think it is bold to say edge stands out as a weakness when this roster is loaded at almost every other spot.
I'm just not sure what to think, when it comes to Hollins.
He's a high-effort guy.. great, great length and he's a really good athlete. Not spectacularly strong and hasn't shown any real bend on the corner.
I agree that he doesn't "scare" anyone, but he sure keeps them honest and he has the wheels to be a factor against QBs like Murray when they break contain. In a division with him and Lance, I think that's probably a plus. It wouldn't shock me to see, if he gets a full season in, Hollins finish with double-digit sacks. Let's be clear, though.. a lot of that will be simply because he's playing on a line with Donald, Floyd and Gaines.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
We have fragile depth at RB since our RBs have never played a full season without being out with injury. OL depth is ok since the only one out is the rookie we drafted. If we have another injury there, then I'd be worried but that can be said of pretty much all positions.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just not sure what to think, when it comes to Hollins.
He's a high-effort guy.. great, great length and he's a really good athlete. Not spectacularly strong and hasn't shown any real bend on the corner.
I agree that he doesn't "scare" anyone, but he sure keeps them honest and he has the wheels to be a factor against QBs like Murray when they break contain. In a division with him and Lance, I think that's probably a plus. It wouldn't shock me to see, if he gets a full season in, Hollins finish with double-digit sacks. Let's be clear, though.. a lot of that will be simply because he's playing on a line with Donald, Floyd and Gaines.
What helps him of course is AD. So maybe we get enough production there vs most teams but as you hit the playoffs that dropoff from what Von gave us will be felt. Will we get enough heat from that front to win 4 straight in the playoffs?

It's our only real weakness. Our biggest weakness.

RB has questions too, but McVay likes pass catchy guys and we just won a Super Bowl without a run game so I'd feel like an asshole trying to make a big deal of it. It does bother me though.

LT might hurt us in the playoffs. But we gotta roll with Boom and hope he kills it. I don't think he's going to do well vs Von in the opener, for the record. That's a matchup clearly in Buffalo's favor assuming the Von we saw in the playoffs shows up. Same with SF in the fourth game or whatever, with Bosa, who has a ton of power to his game which is Boom's weakness. I figure Boom will fare well vs the speed types, it's going to be the guys with power to their game that threaten him so not all that many but we're gonna see them.

Safety was a weakness last year but maybe some of that was Morris settling in too. I don't think we're great there but I also don't see it as a weaker than the other teams kind of thing.

We're basically the team that has almost everything. So not like I'm trying to make a big deal of it but clearly we're not quite there at edge, at the very least a lot of question marks.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What helps him of course is AD. So maybe we get enough production there vs most teams but as you hit the playoffs that dropoff from what Von gave us will be felt. Will we get enough heat from that front to win 4 straight in the playoffs?

It's our only real weakness. Our biggest weakness.

RB has questions too, but McVay likes pass catchy guys and we just won a Super Bowl without a run game so I'd feel like an asshole trying to make a big deal of it. It does bother me though.

LT might hurt us in the playoffs. But we gotta roll with Boom and hope he kills it. I don't think he's going to do well vs Von in the opener, for the record. That's a matchup clearly in Buffalo's favor assuming the Von we saw in the playoffs shows up. Same with SF in the fourth game or whatever, with Bosa, who has a ton of power to his game which is Boom's weakness. I figure Boom will fare well vs the speed types, it's going to be the guys with power to their game that threaten him so not all that many but we're gonna see them.

Safety was a weakness last year but maybe some of that was Morris settling in too. I don't think we're great there but I also don't see it as a weaker than the other teams kind of thing.

We're basically the team that has almost everything. So not like I'm trying to make a big deal of it but clearly we're not quite there at edge, at the very least a lot of question marks.
I pretty much agree with everything you say here.
While I think Hollins is good, no, I don't think he's the kind of difference maker that can allow them to rush only four...

BUT..

I do wonder how much the secondary is upgraded and whether that makes up for the lack of an elite edge.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Let's just hear what the honorable Judge Sue Robinson has to say!!!! Punter civil suit suspension of 78 games!!!!!

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes let's allow the judicial system to do its thing. Bad as it is I trust it more than popular opinion.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yes let's allow the judicial system to do its thing. Bad as it is I trust it more than popular opinion.

I think perhaps the newly reformed Watson should take the young punter under his wing and show him this is how you get around a rape sexual assault charge all of them.