OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
But who is going to replace Lamar? Baltimore is all in on the running qb system. Their backup qb is a running qb, who almost beat us last year btw, so they would have to blow up their entire offense to find a pocket qb and switch systems. They can become a low level team if they do that.

They have to pay him what he's worth to that team. Last year, they lost all of their RBs in the preseason and was pickup guys off the street. Their offense was him, Hollywood Brown and Mark Andrews lol. He needs better weapons to throw to.

Even now, many widely consider him a top 15 qb and a lot have him in the top 10. He should be paid accordingly.
The backup is a better pocket passer than Jackson.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
But who is going to replace Lamar? Baltimore is all in on the running qb system. Their backup qb is a running qb, who almost beat us last year btw, so they would have to blow up their entire offense to find a pocket qb and switch systems. They can become a low level team if they do that.

They have to pay him what he's worth to that team. Last year, they lost all of their RBs in the preseason and was pickup guys off the street. Their offense was him, Hollywood Brown and Mark Andrews lol. He needs better weapons to throw to.

Even now, many widely consider him a top 15 qb and a lot have him in the top 10. He should be paid accordingly.
Correct. The problem is, the only way cleveland could get the sex offender to sign was guarantee 230m. Lamar wants more. That they dont want to do. I wouldnt.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

The Worst Kept Secret in the NFL...The next Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
1661438175885.png

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Correct. The problem is, the only way cleveland could get the sex offender to sign was guarantee 230m. Lamar wants more. That they dont want to do. I wouldnt.
I don't think he's getting Watson money. Apparently they've already agreed to a number but Lamar wants it fully guaranteed. Derek Carr and Dak are making $40M per year, Wilson and Cousins $35M, so it will be in that range.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

The other day, I had an exchange with @Riverumbbq (one of my favorite posters) about New England's potential interest in moving former #1 pick and starting LT Isaiah Wynn.

I really liked Wynn coming-out of college but don't see a fit with the Rams due to position limitation (has only played LT in the NFL), cost (probably a third round pick at minimum), cap hit ($10.4M 2022 salary as N.E. picked-up his 5th year option) and ... I did not previously mention it, but durability ... Wynn has only played 34 games in four seasons.

All that being said, Isaiah Wynn could be a fit for the Cowboys. They have the cap space to take on the $10.4M. Tyron Smith has declined but this is a huge loss for a team with high expectations. Dallas will be starting Terrence Steele at RT, and its back-up are 2nd-year Josh Ball and rookie Matt Waletzko ... both mid-round picks.

The Cowboys did select Tyler Smith in the first round this year, with the thought he would play LG and eventually move to LT. But the rookie-Smith is young and raw. There was a concern that he needed time and coaching. Forcing him to LT, and putting in a reserve guard does not seem like a recipe for Dak Prescott to have success ... and Dallas needs Prescott to have a big year.

Was watching Get Up earlier with Jeff Saturday and Diana Russini asked about the impact of Tyron Smith's injury on the Cowboys up-coming season.

It was just last week that Saturday and Russini agreed that Matthew Stafford's elbow was a major concern for the Rams, with Saturday putting the level-of-concern at a 12 on a scale of 1-to-10; and Russini claiming Stafford was "very frustrated with the elbow pain".

Saturday and Russini completely down-played Tyron Smith's injury ... Cowboys will be fine they said.

Recently, I am finding myself disagreeing a lot with "NFL Experts" Jeff Saturday and Diana Russini.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
According to some reports, Mike Gesicki is being discussed in trade talks with teams. Who would be surprised if McVay wanted to trade for him? A real stretch TE to pair with Higbee and replace Blanton. I'd not be surprised but I think he is on franchise tag and thus, paid too much for our current cap.

dang

Legend
Trade Swing OT Bobby Evans to Dallas now for either one of the Cowboys back up OC/OG's MATT FARNIOK or JAMES EMPEY
That would be good for the Rams but Dallas likely has much better trade options than for Evans (eg Isiah Wynn). Assuming $$ isn’t a hurdle.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah, doubting Dallas is that stupid.
What does that say about the Rams keeping OL Bobby Evans around for so long ?

Carberry had Evans first off the bench to replace Shelton @ LG in the Vikings game when OC Allen went down last season.

Dallas does have a boatload of OC/OG's on their current roster not so much @ OT.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What does that say about the Rams keeping OL Bobby Evans around for so long ?

Carberry had Evans first off the bench to replace Shelton @ LG in the Vikings game when OC Allen went down last season.
Well, his best year was his rookie year from that point forward they tried to give him opportunities, but Evans has not answered the call. I agree I would have cut bait last year, but they really didn't have a better option and I feel that either Arcuri or Brewer offer a better option this year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That would be good for the Rams but Dallas likely has much better trade options than for Evans (eg Isiah Wynn). Assuming $$ isn’t a hurdle.
Dallas has the cap space (per Spotrac) to fit Wynn's $10.4M salary.

Another option could be free agent LT Eric Fisher.

Duane Brown would have been a good except the Jets signed him last week after losing Mechi Becton.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

They probably will pay him but they are putting a cap on their ceiling if they do.

Fans might like to see him flash, the owners may not even care if they contend as long as they are taking in the $$$. But, IMO if they want a championship Jackson is the wrong guy to put those hopes on.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Dallas has the cap space (per Spotrac) to fit Wynn's $10.4M salary.

Another option could be free agent LT Eric Fisher.

Duane Brown would have been a good except the Jets signed him last week after losing Mechi Becton.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well, his best year was his rookie year from that point forward they tried to give him opportunities, but Evans has not answered the call. I agree I would have cut bait last year, but they really didn't have a better option and I feel that either Arcuri or Brewer offer a better option this year.
Me too!

I sure would strongly consider selecting both of these OL'ers on the initial MR53.

OT Arcuri because he is showing better than OT Tremayne Anchrum did his rookie season & OG Brewer due to the lack of capable interior OL'ers available who knows the line calls.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Alex Leatherwood is on the block too. Don't think the Raiders get more than a 4th for him at this point. They'll probably also want a player at LB or corner in return as well.

This might cause Dallas to shift their line since Alex is not a starting LT at this point, but something is better than nothing.