OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
In the next two years one of if not the best CB in the game will regress so badly we have to move him to Safety. This is your worry? Ok good luck with that.
I didn't say in the next two years. I'm talking about his longterm arch.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well.. will we be saying that in 2 years when Ramsey is taking most of his snaps there?

James’ talent and position isn’t the issue for me, it’s his injury history.

Dude is a freak, though.

I didn't say in the next two years. I'm talking about his longterm arch.
Oh? Also you're comparing apples to oranges and IMO not doing a good job of it. And the cover corner moving to safety is something fans talk about happen that happens a hell of a lot less than fans let on.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
The Seahawks just realized the worst fears in the preseason for any NFL team--- lose starter Damien Lewis to a severe-looking ankle injury.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
The Seahawks just realized the worst fears in the preseason for any NFL team--- lose starter Damien Lewis to a severe-looking ankle injury.
I was super confused for a minute. I was thinking Damione Lewis and was wondering how he was still in the league after 22 years.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Oh? Also you're comparing apples to oranges and IMO not doing a good job of it. And the cover corner moving to safety is something fans talk about happen that happens a hell of a lot less than fans let on.
I have no idea what argument you think I'm trying to make.

I'm pointing out that it's likely Ramsey shifts to safety in a couple of years. Heck, we may see him playing deep some this year, depending on development of the young corners and what kinds of games Raheem wants to run on the back end this year.

Jalen will be 30 in 2 years.. it's not wild to think he could be switching from corner at that point. He might not, but I'm not at all unique in thinking it's a possibility.

Maybe it won't be that soon! Maybe it will be later! Maybe it won't happen at all!
But the Rams have already shown they like playing him in that Star position, so I don't even know why this is an offensive perspective as it seems to be.

Last add.. the switch doesn't happen much because there aren't a ton of elite corners who are physical enough to make the switch to safety. Jalen is.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no idea what argument you think I'm trying to make.

I'm pointing out that it's likely Ramsey shifts to safety in a couple of years. Heck, we may see him playing deep some this year, depending on development of the young corners and what kinds of games Raheem wants to run on the back end this year.

Jalen will be 30 in 2 years.. it's not wild to think he could be switching from corner at that point. He might not, but I'm not at all unique in thinking it's a possibility.

Maybe it won't be that soon! Maybe it will be later! Maybe it won't happen at all!
But the Rams have already shown they like playing him in that Star position, so I don't even know why this is an offensive perspective as it seems to be.

Last add.. the switch doesn't happen much because there aren't a ton of elite corners who are physical enough to make the switch to safety. Jalen is.
You made the comment that I quoted again above that Rams fans won't laugh at the James deal in two years when we move Ramsey to safety. I disagree with that and pointed that out many times now. It won't happen, it won't happen in two years and cover corners don't move to safety as much as fans think.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Wasn't sure where to post this, but it's an interesting discussion by Rodgers on the Shanahann/McVay scheme vs the West Coast Offense. Pros and cons, etc. This clip is from Rodgers' appearance on the Pardon My Take podcast from this week.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You made the comment that I quoted again above that Rams fans won't laugh at the James deal in two years when we move Ramsey to safety. I disagree with that and pointed that out many times now. It won't happen, it won't happen in two years and cover corners don't move to safety as much as fans think.
Okay.

I think we will see him take some snaps there in the next couple of years.. and that there’s a decent chance he takes a bunch more there as his career moves on.

I think Ramsey can make that move and might because he presents a similar profile as the ones who have and because he’s considered to be a brilliant football mind.

He reminds me of guys like Woodson and Williams… guys who were greatly successful.

I don’t think any and all cover corners can do that.

And, again… I’m not nearly the only person who thinks this.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wasn't sure where to post this, but it's an interesting discussion by Rodgers on the Shanahann/McVay scheme vs the West Coast Offense. Pros and cons, etc. This clip is from Rodgers' appearance on the Pardon My Take podcast from this week.

Interesting. I think that’s where football took the west coast offense. Defenses got better at defending it, so Shanahan and McVay had to change things up. But we saw last year that McVay has changed things to fit his QB. There was less motion last year for a few months it was mostly just dropbacks. McVay said he has to make changes every year to stay ahead.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Interesting. I think that’s where football took the west coast offense. Defenses got better at defending it, so Shanahan and McVay had to change things up. But we saw last year that McVay has changed things to fit his QB. There was less motion last year for a few months it was mostly just dropbacks. McVay said he has to make changes every year to stay ahead.
Yea true McVay seems very willing to tweak things when necessary. But I thought it was interesting that Rodgers said this offense is very difficult on the QB, it puts a lot on them. I remember last year Stafford saying something similar when asked about McVays scheme. Maybe this is why Goff didn't develop very well his last couple years in LA. Maybe he wasn't ready to run this type of offense and understand everything. I mean when someone as experienced and great as Rodgers is saying its hard then it must be very difficult. That's why all the "Trey Lance is struggling" news makes more sense now to me.

Tano

Legend
Maybe this is why Goff didn't develop very well his last couple years in LA. Maybe he wasn't ready to run this type of offense and understand everything. I mean when someone as experienced and great as Rodgers is saying its hard then it must be very difficult.
I'll agree with that.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Obj we are aware of but one guy that really now especially after Bruss going down who is still only just 30 and think that wasn't to long ago is Daryl Williams. He is still available right? He is still really good. He can play tackle or guard just makes sense break glass on case of emergency. He at this point would be a steal to me.

Also I think Eric Fischer out while we need some run blocking his pass blocking slipped however he was coming off a torn Achilles but he plays tackle bit still good depth.

The other dude out there and yes the obvious is OBJ but no need for him so didn't really check much out but has Landon Collins fallen that much is he that bad or was he the only one left standing on a star studded defense that everyone was hurt?

Any ring grabbers there?

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Raiders let Kenyan Drake go and will take a cap hit this year and next.
I wonder if he is just not the same after his injury last year. He seemed to be servicable still