OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
The last number in this sequence is the "cap savings," according to Over The Cap. 17 million cap hit, 12.7 dead money and 4.4 in cap savings.

202232$12,800,000$4,237,500$0$100,000$0$17,137,5008.2%

Ah, you're right. I see it now. It's salary at this point, so they save the 12.7.

I'm a moron.

Yeah.. that makes a lot more sense now.
But I still don't see them cutting him coming off of such a productive year.

Dude I've done it a million times lol I always come here for the cap gurus to help me out I suck at it lol.

I'd prioritize smith but Quinn I don't believe has even shown up he wants out and on that dumpster fire team 12.9 million way more important than 33 year old Quinn. That said doesn't mean the Rams even have interest. I could see the BUCS or packers jumping on that. Who knows

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
If they release him, its a 12.8 mill dead cap hit, 4.2 mill in 2022 and then 8.5 in 2023 and "saves" them his 12.8 mill salary. Its a wash
Dude had almost 19 sacks last year, why on earth would the just release him?

Yet another site:

If the Bears ended up releasing Quinn to save themselves $12.9 million against their cap, it would likely spark a bidding war for the player. It would also fill a need for the Carolina Panthers after those in power decided to let Haason Reddick walk in free agency.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yet another site:

If the Bears ended up releasing Quinn to save themselves $12.9 million against their cap, it would likely spark a bidding war for the player. It would also fill a need for the Carolina Panthers after those in power decided to let Haason Reddick walk in free agency.
I posted a snip earlier and here's the other site that's great at tracking contracts and it says the same thing. Not sure where you read that figure maybe you can link it so we can look?

Never mind I see where they got that number. If it's done as a post June 1st it is a $12.9 million savings but that's spreading out this years cap hit so instead of taking the $12.7 million cap hit this year they spread it out over each of the next three years. So yes doing a cut that way would save them more money this year but puts a $4.4+ million hit each of the next two years. I honestly don't think they cut him so it's pointless but that's where the differing numbers come from.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I posted a snip earlier and here's the other site that's great at tracking contracts and it says the same thing. Not sure where you read that figure maybe you can link it so we can look?

Never mind I see where they got that number. If it's done as a post June 1st it is a $12.9 million savings but that's spreading out this years cap hit so instead of taking the $12.7 million cap hit this year they spread it out over each of the next three years. So yes doing a cut that way would save them more money this year but puts a $4.4+ million hit each of the next two years. I honestly don't think they cut him so it's pointless but that's where the differing numbers come from.
Thanks for setting it straight

I believe they have been trying to trade him but no takers nobody probably wants to assume the contract in all honesty nether the Rams are interested or not I'd love to have him but bears p.o.v. I'd rather get that 12.9 and use it for Smith Quinn is utterly useless to them even with 30 sacks lol and it doesn't naeem like he will play. Has he shown up to camp at all? Guess we shall see.

Separate point now all the sudden Denver needs a wideout. I think a lot of you know how much I love Jefferson I wanted the pick but assuming you could go with skrow and tutu til Obj would be ready and we had him on a handshake would you do a Jefferson for Chubb deal? I know Chubb is a fa next year but we know about cap and cap magic lol.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Part of the reason I think Quinn wants out is because that new coach in Chicago does like Lovie and charts loafs. He's a Dungy tree branch.

For Roquan to want to be traded now too means the new HC hire isn't hitting it off with the most important players in that room. Haven't heard any Bears news at all but at this point I'm thinking there's a good chance that hire is gonna crash and burn. Reeks of early stage dumpster fire.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Part of the reason I think Quinn wants out is because that new coach in Chicago does like Lovie and charts loafs. He's a Dungy tree branch.

For Roquan to want to be traded now too means the new HC hire isn't hitting it off with the most important players in that room. Haven't heard any Bears news at all but at this point I'm thinking there's a good chance that hire is gonna crash and burn. Reeks of early stage dumpster fire.
It wouldn’t surprise me if you are right, it wouldn’t make me sad either. That organization can suck it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
L.A. to WV, that's some culture shock. I'd be hard pressed to find two more different regions in the U.S. You could probably write a book about it ...

Try moving from LA to the Tampa area of FL… talk about culture shock…

Tano

Legend
I've been to Florida

Moving from LA to WV in 2002 is the biggest culture shock of all - hands down.

When I first moved from LA to WV, I drove on this road that was almost always empty.

If I saw a car on the road, I would say - uh oh - rush hour.

And they would drive so slow on a 55.

However, about 15 to 18 years ago, people from DC started to move to WV panhandle which is where I live. It is not as big a culture shock now because the majority of people from DC are assholes just like the majority of people in LA.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Or how about in 1989 moving from So Cal to Panama city Florida. Now that was culture shock
I live just north of Panama City Beach. I could see why you would have a very big culture shock......I would imagine....Color change for all things would be the most dynamic .....from dull browns & gray to vibrant greens & various other bright colors...the fact that water is everywhere in the air on the grass & lying around in pools everywhere compared to dry dust. I still prefer the dry NOT humid air myself of the west.

I've been to Florida since 1969 and took dozens of family summer vacations in CA, Oregon & Washington for over 3 decades till my family & grand kids no longer felt safe any longer.

dang

Legend
I've been to Florida

Moving from LA to WV in 2002 is the biggest culture shock of all - hands down.

When I first moved from LA to WV, I drove on this road that was almost always empty.

If I saw a car on the road, I would say - uh oh - rush hour.

And they would drive so slow on a 55.

However, about 15 to 18 years ago, people from DC started to move to WV panhandle which is where I live. It is not as big a culture shock now because the majority of people from DC are assholes just like the majority of people in LA.
Sorry to cut in…but is this Facebook or a post for “2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more” ?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I've been to Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika
Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica
Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport
Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond du Lac, Davenport
Idaho, Jellico, Argentina, Diamantina,
Pasadena, Catalina, see what I mean"
johnny-cash-ive-been-everywhere-man.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Two of my kids ride one for their jobs… looks cool