OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Gilbert Gottfried Trick GIF

Tano

Legend
unlike L.A. where everyone dresses casual 24-7
I dislike wearing Suits and I really hate ties.

I am okay with Business Casual as long as you aren't interacting with Customers or other Business Clients.

Be somewhat comfortable while working in an office environment.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Anyone else think Quinn will be released. They save like 12.6 million rt? They can put that towards resigning Smith since he requested a trade

I'm interested to see if we:

sign defensive lineman like Shelton Suh (pass) or Richardson

She'd light on Obj once season begins

Maybe a vet corner

Go for Quinn should he be cut

And of course keep our eyes open on the Jimmy G back up QB thing.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Anyone else think Quinn will be released. They save like 12.6 million rt? They can put that towards resigning Smith since he requested a trade

I'm interested to see if we:

sign defensive lineman like Shelton Suh (pass) or Richardson

She'd light on Obj once season begins

Maybe a vet corner

Go for Quinn should he be cut

And of course keep our eyes open on the Jimmy G back up QB thing.
I think dropping Quinn would only save them $5 million.. there's an almost $13-million dead cap.
I don't see them dropping him... he's still valuable enough to get a pick back for.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I dislike wearing Suits and I really hate ties.

I am okay with Business Casual as long as you aren't interacting with Customers or other Business Clients.

Be somewhat comfortable while working in an office environment.

I agree with you, what I was really speaking towards was the contrast in dress which is visible pretty quickly. While I prefer our more laid-back lifestyle in L.A., our great weather allows us to dress for comfort, ... Chicago is often cold & windy, and they dress accordingly. In the nicer parts of town you would see very expensive suits and the young ladies quite fashionable and well heeled, whether heading to work or for after hours cocktails. They dressed to impress, and I'm not saying Angelenos don't, but there is a noticeable difference in attire, and as a visitor, I enjoyed that contrast.
Its been even longer since I've spent much time in New York City, and back in the day I always thought of the place as an avoidable sewer, although they have since made some huge improvements, I still have no desire to return. In the 80's/90's I would have picked Chicago over N.Y. if I was forced to move to one of them, today, I really don't know. What I do know is that as an old L.A. native, Southern California has always worked well for me. jmo.

Tano

Legend
our great weather allows us to dress for comfort
I do miss LA's weather

WV weather sucks

It is either too hot too cold or too rainy

Very rarely is it a comfortable temperature

Of course, after living in LA for 40 years, my blood is really thin and it hasn't thicken at all even after 20 years in WV

Quite a few people here in Virginia call me a wuss for always being cold during the winter (note - I live on the WV/VA border and work in Virginia).

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I do miss LA's weather

WV weather sucks

Of course, after living in LA for 40 years, my blood is really thin and it hasn't thicken at all even after 20 years in WV

Quite a few people here in Virginia call me a wuss for always being cold during the winter (note - I live on the WV/VA border and work in Virginia).

L.A. to WV, that's some culture shock. I'd be hard pressed to find two more different regions in the U.S. You could probably write a book about it ...

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I think dropping Quinn would only save them $5 million.. there's an almost $13-million dead cap.
I don't see them dropping him... he's still valuable enough to get a pick back for.

Dead Cap/Savings

2022$17,137,500$4,237,500$12,900,000

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Dead Cap/Savings

The last number in this sequence is the "cap savings," according to Over The Cap. 17 million cap hit, 12.7 dead money and 4.4 in cap savings.

202232$12,800,000$4,237,500$0$100,000$0$17,137,5008.2%$12,712,500$4,425,000

Tano

Legend
L.A. to WV, that's some culture shock. I'd be hard pressed to find two more different regions in the U.S. You could probably write a book about it ...
My wife always gets mad at me when I tell the story of working at Charlestown Slots where I would tell who I automatically knew was from WV by their missing teeth.

I still tell the joke

Did you know WV invented the toothbrush

If it was any other state, it would be called the teethbrush :laugh4:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
The last number in this sequence is the "cap savings," according to Over The Cap. 17 million cap hit, 12.7 dead money and 4.4 in cap savings.

202232$12,800,000$4,237,500$0$100,000$0$17,137,5008.2%$12,712,500$4,425,000

No other way I'm staring at it right now and just read an article post June 1st

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
No other way I'm staring at it right now and just read an article post June 1st
Ah, you're right. I see it now. It's salary at this point, so they save the 12.7.

I'm a moron.

Yeah.. that makes a lot more sense now.
But I still don't see them cutting him coming off of such a productive year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ah, you're right. I see it now. It's salary at this point, so they save the 12.7.

I'm a moron.

Yeah.. that makes a lot more sense now.
But I still don't see them cutting him coming off of such a productive year.
Dead cap of $12.7 his cap hit for the year is $17.137 so they'd save $4.4 ish million.

The remaining signing bonus and all of the restructure roll up to right now if he's cut. Not sure he gets cut regardless.

1660157355638.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do miss LA's weather

WV weather sucks

wuss...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dead Cap/Savings

If they release him, its a 12.8 mill dead cap hit, 4.2 mill in 2022 and then 8.5 in 2023 and "saves" them his 12.8 mill salary. Its a wash
Dude had almost 19 sacks last year, why on earth would the just release him?