OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Notably Fowler didn't quote anyone or produce any evidence for what he said. All he wrote is "it's my understanding" this is how it is. How he came to that understanding, he doesn't say.

I find the idea that AD won't play below a "certain number" to be suspicious when he spent the last four seasons playing below whatever that number supposedly is.

images

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He's one of the greatest players ever. He's value to the team goes beyond the limiting title you're giving him. He deserves his money. There's no ring without AD, and we don't stand a chance of repeating without him.
Yes, but at age 30 and beyond, if he wants mega QB type money, i would reluctantly move him IF you could get multiple #1's and other picks or players.

That could set you up to either trade for another high level player or draft a few potential stars, while clearing sone cap room for the future.

The interesting thing is if they give him the store in a new contract, it might point to McVay's mindset of only coaching a few more yrs.

Because if he were in it for the long haul he might be content that he helped get AD his Super bowl, and then willing to move on and get a bunch of picks to keep this thing going longer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Odell is all entertainment. :laugh3: Hope they finally inked him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
As good as AD is you do not need a dominant 3T to win a Super Bowl. Rams should of course try to accommodate him and I am confident they are doing that. But at some point he's a 3T. Greatest ever, yes. But I think there's a value point even with him.
Like I said, if say Pittsburgh offered two #1's and a mid rounder. Or even #1 and two 2's and maybe a mid rounder, I would have to seriously consider it. Sell high and take the cap room and add another quality young FA next yr or even trade for a guy or just use the picks. Maybe trade up into the top ten for a young stud DT.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
If you can get 2 1st rounders plus for Jamaal Adams you could certainly get more for AD. It would be more like a Ricky Williams type trade plus an extra first rounder lol. Like the Rams formula he is a proven commodity and that's the understatement of the century. You would need to pony up a whole hell of a lot.

Having said all that I couldnt even imagine a scenario where AD gets traded or a Rams team without him right now. Had we wasted his talents and we just couldn't win the big one well then maybe a consideration but after what he did and then the whole entire body of work no way.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If you can get 2 1st rounders plus for Jamaal Adams you could certainly get more for AD. It would be more like a Ricky Williams type trade plus an extra first rounder lol. Like the Rams formula he is a proven commodity and that's the understatement of the century. You would need to pony up a whole hell of a lot.

Having said all that I couldnt even imagine a scenario where AD gets traded or a Rams team without him right now. Had we wasted his talents and we just couldn't win the big one well then maybe a consideration but after what he did and then the whole entire body of work no way.
His age and contract are an issue though. Pittsburgh would be one of the teams that would pay the most. Would be a coup to bring back the hometown hero.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

There is always a limit. If he wants $30M per for 5 yrs ...you paying that?

As of right now the Rams are listed as having only $10M of cap space next yr. You do that kind of deal for AD, you will lose a number of other starters.