OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Gotta go with blind faith here. Gotta trust the Rams saw enough from other players to feel safe they'd improve enough to cover the loss of Von Miller. Going to be interesting to watch but not only do we not have a proven edge rusher to cover the loss of Von, but our secondary is pretty young and inexperienced after Ramsey and Hill. I get we can't cover all positions but I moreso say it's going to be interesting to see who steps up and who the Rams feel are ready to step up. I hope to be pleasantly surprised by a few unknown household names.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Gotta go with blind faith here. Gotta trust the Rams saw enough from other players to feel safe they'd improve enough to cover the loss of Von Miller. Going to be interesting to watch but not only do we not have a proven edge rusher to cover the loss of Von, but our secondary is pretty young and inexperienced after Ramsey and Hill. I get we can't cover all positions but I moreso say it's going to be interesting to see who steps up and who the Rams feel are ready to step up. I hope to be pleasantly surprised by a few unknown household names.
There are some much older guys who may sign cheap.
But you’re not getting a Von again.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
There are some much older guys who may sign cheap.
But you’re not getting a Von again.
Yeah I agree we won't get another Von for sure. The young edge rushers will definitely get a shot at showing what they can do. Don't think the older guys will come into the equation unless McVay doesn't like what he sees early on. Definitely taking a risk but what team doesn't with some part of their roster. So far, the Rams have done well in developing some of these young players. Hopefully that trend continues.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This surprises me. Thing is here that I am sure the Rams are trying to accommodate him being a top paid DT. Is this going to be an annual thing with him now? Him holding out for a "number" and the Rams scrambling to meet it?

If so maybe it's time to trade the great Aaron Donald. Heresy, I realize. But no player should be above the team and he's starting to rub me the wrong way with this shit.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This surprises me. Thing is here that I am sure the Rams are trying to accommodate him being a top paid DT. Is this going to be an annual thing with him now? Him holding out for a "number" and the Rams scrambling to meet it?

If so maybe it's time to trade the great Aaron Donald. Heresy, I realize. But no player should be above the team and he's starting to rub me the wrong way with this shit.
“Annual”????

Didn’t he sign his deal in 18?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

AD is the greatest Ram of all time imo. I hope they get things ironed out. Hopefully that report is a bit of artists license. AD bought a house in McVays neighborhood recently didn’t he?
It seems like that indicates his desire to stick around.

However, I’m getting tired of the AD might retire BS too. If he’s going to retire he should just do it. Not hold the team hostage by continually hinting around about it.

Ram65

Legend
I wanted Clowney. We just don't know how much Holland, TLew, and Garrett will step up. The defense has changed with BWagz and a healthy Jones. They should make it harder on the first and second downs for offenses which will help keep third downs a little longer. I have faith the Edges will step up but, still want some insurance.

Last edited:

MachS

Hall of Fame

Yea I dont like it either, but we need him to be happy and playing to have a shot for another SB. I honestly feel like in order to keep AD and McVay we are going to have to pay both huge contracts. Hopefully we can structure the Donald contract to open up more money, but now with Clowney signing I'm not sure how many vet edges are even available. We'll probably roll into the season with what we have and trade our 2023 2nd rounder for someone is my guess.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
AD is the greatest Ram of all time imo. I hope they get things ironed out. Hopefully that report is a bit of artists license. AD bought a house in McVays neighborhood recently didn’t he?
It seems like that indicates his desire to stick around.

However, I’m getting tired of the AD might retire BS too. If he’s going to retire he should just do it. Not hold the team hostage by continually hinting around about it.
Yeah, kind of like Orlando Pace. Always looking to get top dollar each year. He helped short circuit the window for the GSOT. Obviously not all his fault, but he held them hostage just about every yr after 01' and hurt their ability to keep a few other key vets.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As good as AD is you do not need a dominant 3T to win a Super Bowl. Rams should of course try to accommodate him and I am confident they are doing that. But at some point he's a 3T. Greatest ever, yes. But I think there's a value point even with him.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Definitely depends what AD is asking for numbers wise. Gotta guess the push is coming on strong since this will probably be his peak contract in terms of demanding to be the top paid defensive player in the league. After this contract he won't get top dollar (he'll still get paid a shit ton) as his age then becomes more of a factor.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, kind of like Orlando Pace. Always looking to get top dollar each year. He helped short circuit the window for the GSOT. Obviously not all his fault, but he held them hostage just about every yr after 01' and hurt their ability to keep a few other key vets.
Yeah. That came to mind. I wanted the Rams to trade him. It got tiresome.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mayfield must be a locker room issue?

Brad Stainbrook, covers the Browns for 247Sports

View: https://twitter.com/stainbrooknfl/status/1528426978793205760?s=21&t=TzX_srkGOnQsNT5eRL0EUg

Stainbrook has no quote or even a solid source. He’s jumping to conclusions. Clowney wanted to sign with the Browns all off-season. He had a great year playing with Garrett.

I don’t want to sound like I’m protecting Mayfield here. I’m sure he’s part of Cleveland’s troubles.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Stainbrook has no quote or even a solid source. He’s jumping to conclusions. Clowney wanted to sign with the Browns all off-season. He had a great year playing with Garrett.

I don’t want to sound like I’m protecting Mayfield here. I’m sure he’s part of Cleveland’s troubles.
Mayfield's gone you know it, I know it and the American People know it. He'll be a Carolina Panther IMHO because he's better then Sam Darnold and Matt Corral is not ready. HC Matt Rhule needs to win now and Mayfield gives him the best chance. I also believe it will be a good match and then everyone will speculate where Darnold can go to revive his career.

TheBunk

Rookie
As good as AD is you do not need a dominant 3T to win a Super Bowl. Rams should of course try to accommodate him and I am confident they are doing that. But at some point he's a 3T. Greatest ever, yes. But I think there's a value point even with him.
He's one of the greatest players ever. He's value to the team goes beyond the limiting title you're giving him. He deserves his money. There's no ring without AD, and we don't stand a chance of repeating without him.

tempests

Hall of Fame

Notably Fowler didn't quote anyone or produce any evidence for what he said. All he wrote is "it's my understanding" this is how it is. How he came to that understanding, he doesn't say.

I find the idea that AD won't play below a "certain number" to be suspicious when he spent the last four seasons playing below whatever that number supposedly is.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Notably Fowler didn't quote anyone or produce any evidence for what he said. All he wrote is "it's my understanding" this is how it is. How he came to that understanding, he doesn't say.

I find the idea that AD won't play below a "certain number" to be suspicious when he spent the last four seasons playing below whatever that number supposedly is.
That could totally be artists license then. Reporting these days is allows for loose interpretation.

It could also be ADs agent pushing an agenda. Maybe AD doesn’t really feel that he wants to retire at all. I suspect Rodney Harrison planted that story by request or payment from ADs agent to begin with. It seemed very random and unexpected.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm hoping that is the case. Not that it's crossing the line for him to have a number, but if that number is too much what is going to happen is the Rams will move him to an AFC team close to his hometown of Pittsburgh and then go get an edge rusher to compensate. That's the end result of losing an elite 3T. You then need to find those pressures where they normally are, which is on that blindside edge where we currently have a rather large hole on the roster.

Problem for now is that rosters are mostly slotted for the season. So moving him now would hurt the Rams defense during the early schedule and they would need a trade deadline deal for that edge to have a chance in the playoffs.

He's one of the greatest players ever. He's value to the team goes beyond the limiting title you're giving him. He deserves his money. There's no ring without AD, and we don't stand a chance of repeating without him.
Nobody gets a blank check. This is a business. When a player--even a great one like AD--prices himself out of a location the end result is a trade.

I hate it btw. I don't like discussing the potential loss of AD. Just observing that this might be more serious than the media realizes if he's got some mandate and the team isn't sure they can meet it. None of us have to like it but the business side is a truth we cannot overlook.