OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So you don’t think there have been DL guys stepping up over the last few years??? Gaines, Robinson, Sea Bass?
The way I took the above posts was more specifically about the edge/ DL pass rushers.

NT/DT Robinson & Gaines certainly stepped up big in the latter part of the 2021 season in their run-stuffing but it was the lack of pass rushers in the OLB/DL that has failed to step at this point in time up in my opinion.

Can you name any ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The way I took the above posts was more specifically about the edge/ DL pass rushers.

NT/DT Robinson & Gaines certainly stepped up big in the latter part of the 2021 season in their run-stuffing but it was the lack of pass rushers in the OLB/DL that has failed to step at this point in time up in my opinion.

Can you name any ?
Yeah if you read what I was replying to and what that conversation was it’s pretty obvious what I meant.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Going to be interesting to see what happens with edge tho. It's a lil scary to see what we have on paper there but hopefully people make a leap there. I'm hoping Lewis and Garrett step up or we hit on a rookie. Maybe we'll blitz Wagner more?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So what do you guys think if Kareem Hunt is made available? Just asking cuz I read an article saying he might be a camp casualty. I'd be all for him joining us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what do you guys think if Kareem Hunt is made available? Just asking cuz I read an article saying he might be a camp casualty. I'd be all for him joining us.
Linking said article would help discussion.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’d like Hunt on the Rams for sure. Williams effectiveness is an unknown at the nFL level. Henderson gets injured and is not much for running after contact, and Akers didn’t seem to be himself in the playoffs. I don’t view the RB position to be without questions.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So pushy dammit lol.....well I sent this while driving so I was just putting that info out there but here's you article you damn rascal!

So a Rams fan site with no credible source other than he's due money. His injury problems the last few years, one full season in his three in Cleveland give pause, and the fact we drafted Williams this year make him not really needed and questionable if he'll contribute. It would be a luxury and maybe a midseason trade if we lose somebody to injury IMO.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So a Rams fan site with no credible source other than he's due money. His injury problems the last few years, one full season in his three in Cleveland give pause, and the fact we drafted Williams this year make him not really needed and questionable if he'll contribute. It would be a luxury and maybe a midseason trade if we lose somebody to injury IMO.
Wow, somebody step on your lawn man? Lol......I'm only putting it up for discussion since there isn't much else going on but nah I disagree. No telling how a rookie RB will do but Kareem Hunt is way better than what we have right now. He'd contribute right away for sure and is a proven commodity. The only reason I personally could see the Browns letting him go is if they are comfortable with D'Earnest Johnson who did great for the Brown when Chubb and Hunt were out. If our offense found a way to add Hunt plus get OBJ back, our offense would be stacked. Hunt is also a great receiving RB too.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Here's some actual facts to back up what I'm talking about. Kinda sad to see Sony Michel on there as he was good for us but as you can see, Hunt is easily in the top 10. Hendo on there too but he's unfortunately pretty damn non durable.
Screenshot_20220523-122118.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow, somebody step on your lawn man? Lol......I'm only putting it up for discussion since there isn't much else going on but nah I disagree. No telling how a rookie RB will do but Kareem Hunt is way better than what we have right now. He'd contribute right away for sure and is a proven commodity. The only reason I personally could see the Browns letting him go is if they are comfortable with D'Earnest Johnson who did great for the Brown when Chubb and Hunt were out. If our offense found a way to add Hunt plus get OBJ back, our offense would be stacked. Hunt is also a great receiving RB too.
I wasn't angry pissy or anything and certainly didn't mean it that way. I took from your first post about him that it was serious talk. TST is nice but it's not much different than if somebody here started a post, which happens many times a week, about hey what if a b or c happened. It's fun discussion but unless there's actual reports out of Cleveland there doesn't seem to be much chance of it happening let alone what that guy says about Baltimore happening either.

Hunt is nice but seems like the same as Akers and Hendo, an injury risk right now, and he makes more money than them. I wouldn't mind a vet addition in there because I don't trust Hendo and he's in the last year of his contract but not sure Hunt is realistic other than the fact that he's on the last year of his contract.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I wasn't angry pissy or anything and certainly didn't mean it that way. I took from your first post about him that it was serious talk. TST is nice but it's not much different than if somebody here started a post, which happens many times a week, about hey what if a b or c happened. It's fun discussion but unless there's actual reports out of Cleveland there doesn't seem to be much chance of it happening let alone what that guy says about Baltimore happening either.

Hunt is nice but seems like the same as Akers and Hendo, an injury risk right now, and he makes more money than them. I wouldn't mind a vet addition in there because I don't trust Hendo and he's in the last year of his contract but not sure Hunt is realistic other than the fact that he's on the last year of his contract.
Sorry man, I'm just giving you crap about the first part since your name is Old School. I didn't mind attaching it honestly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry man, I'm just giving you crap about the first part since your name is Old School. I didn't mind attaching it honestly.
All good Rams brother! Linking something when you say you read something just gives people a source and often spurs on more discussion. Normally if somebody says they read something and don't share it's like oh that's nice and all :D

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I wanted Clowney. We just don't know how much Holland, TLew, and Garrett will step up. The defense has changed with BWagz and a healthy Jones. They should make it harder on the first and second downs for offenses which will help keep third downs a little longer. I have faith the Edges will step up but, still want some insurance.
I never wanted Clowney. He doesn't play hard al the time. He had a great hit in collage on TV to make a name for himself. Next season didn't do shit but wait till he could be drafted. He made 1 or 2 plays against the Rams as a Seahawk and seems a little above average to me. Really don't think he is much of a step up from what we have. Seems Browns are a little under whelmed by him too.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
The hags have some decent weapons barring a trade wideouts and backs it's their QB and offensive line that's will dictate if those weapons ever get a chance to fire.

There defense well that's another story entirely.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The hags have some decent weapons barring a trade wideouts and backs it's their QB and offensive line that's will dictate if those weapons ever get a chance to fire.

There defense well that's another story entirely.
They really do have excellent weapons. That QB though. :laugh4:

Not a popular opinion but I think their defense is going to be pretty good this year. They were very close to us in scoring last season and they added Mafe, Bryant and Woolen in the draft.

Seahawks gonna be a pain to play, that draft was a serious reload for them.