OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
What does this have to do w/ thinking Mike Zimmer is a good coach?
It means he is a typical defensive minded HC. He may be good, but he is not a guy that is likely to win it all or sustain a high level of success as a HC.

It's an offensive coaches league now.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I could see this, Jim Harbaugh is good friends with Mark Davis and Davis could give him Gruden like power. I also believe he caught the perfect storm at Michigan and the time to move is now. Plus after Georgia annihilated Michigan (was not as close as score indicated even at 23 points) I believe Harbaugh realizes tough to win at a School that has academic requirements against other Schools that don't.

I can totally see him as the next Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.
1641405699524.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I guess part of Kansas must be mountainous then. And only half of Tennessee is on the east coast. What is wrong with people?
So we have states on the Pacific Ocean are only west coast teams wand states on the atlantic Ocean are east coast? Interesting considering Reno Nevada is further west geographically than Los Angeles. But let’s not let facts get in the way

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm more confused by why people keep mentioning the west coast and Las Vegas together. Las Vegas isn't on the west coast. Nevada doesn't have a coast. It's a landlocked desert.
I moved out of Vegas and that region due to it becoming an LA suburb in many ways, and cashed in too. You can pop out there for an evening with the short nature of that drive. I used to hit the beach and go back home to Vegas after a dinner in LA all in one day with the family. I don't think folks realize how close LA is to Vegas. So yeah Vegas is definitely the west coast with some sanity from it being Nevada, though that is changing as the Cali folk move out of the golden state.

Some guys just don’t seem like head coaches. How many here really thought Linehan would be a good coach? Did anyone really think Nagy was going to make it? Some guys surprise with success, some make it look good to start. But some of these decisions are head scratchers.

It really shows how there is a shortage of good head coaches in the NFL when some of these guys that fans don’t believe in can fool an owner or GM into believing they could get their team into the playoffs.
The first post-game talk I saw him have with his team I just laughed man. I mean there is no way that dude is going to inspire a locker room full of grown ass men.

I think players try to give whatever coach is hired the benefit of the doubt. But you gotta have some fucking gravitas to you to do this job. Owners for the most part don't really think about that IMO. But they should.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
So we have states on the Pacific Ocean are only west coast teams wand states on the atlantic Ocean are east coast? Interesting considering Reno Nevada is further west geographically than Los Angeles. But let’s not let facts get in the way
Los Angeles is... On the coast. Is Reno on the coast? Is Las Vegas on the coast? This isn't hard. It's not a riddle. It's the definitions of words.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Los Angeles is... On the coast. Is Reno on the coast? Is Las Vegas on the coast? This isn't hard. It's not a riddle. It's the definitions of words.
This is a weird thing to get all literal about. But maybe you have some sort of end game in mind here.

sloramfan

Starter
las vegas is 6 hours from slo... IF I HAUL ASS, AS I USUALLY DO...

las vegas is at least 4 hours for LA's coastal areas...

vegas is not on the coast, unless you're talking havasu...

go rams

slo

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only seems hard to one person..

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I could see this, Jim Harbaugh is good friends with Mark Davis and Davis could give him Gruden like power. I also believe he caught the perfect storm at Michigan and the time to move is now. Plus after Georgia annihilated Michigan (was not as close as score indicated even at 23 points) I believe Harbaugh realizes tough to win at a School that has academic requirements against other Schools that don't.

I can totally see him as the next Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.
View attachment 50956
I wonder if any of the academic universities will ever stand a chance at competing for a National championship against the current top dogs of the SEC and Ohio State (who does have some good academic programs they just don't apply it to their football team). It seems that the adage is true. If you can't beat them join them. I'm glad Clemson showed some chinks in the armor and losing Venables could be a huge blow. I believe some people felt that the new money going to athletes would even out the playing field but you'll still have schools selling two years and out to the NFL, damn the grades type of programs. And, those schools can still throw more booster money into the pot to lure better players if they wish. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Its funny as a Yankee fan to hear some Alabama, Georgia or Ohio State fans crying about the Yankees or Dodgers spending money to buy the best players in baseball.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
For real.

Imagine how naive one must be to think a poor kid playing on a football scholarship can afford a $60k+ new SUV (I guess the really nice Navigators, Range Rovers and Escalades are double that).

I just think that a scholarship should stick unless the kid doesn't hold up his end.

Bring in a Freshman top prospect and he tears up his knee so badly he'll never play again? Too bad for that scholarship because he was promised 4 years and he should get 4 years with the same level of academic support including payment of all tuition, fees, books, lab materials, etc and the university should be on the hook for it without any "injury designation" which adds extra scholarships.

If they had done that, they'd have had a MUCH stronger case with respect to paying students.

But the NCAA started as a radio scam and only got worse from there... it's never EVER been legit.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Its funny as a Yankee fan to hear some Alabama, Georgia or Ohio State fans crying about the Yankees or Dodgers spending money to buy the best players in baseball.
You know I'm a Buckeye fan, but I agree, in fact, Urban Meyer once said he could get a rock into Florida, that's why Meyer was never going back to Notre Dame. Also being a Dodger fan, the Yankees (egad) watching the movie 42 about the great Jackie Robinson, that I watched about 100 times, I still came away with the Dodgers lost that year to the Yankees in the World Series.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You know I'm a Buckeye fan, but I agree, in fact, Urban Meyer once said he could get a rock into Florida, that's why Meyer was never going back to Notre Dame. Also being a Dodger fan, the Yankees (egad) watching the movie 42 about the great Jackie Robinson, that I watched about 100 times, I still came away with the Dodgers lost that year to the Yankees in the World Series.
I am aware there are some SEC fans and that you like OhSU. I think at this point there is no denying that the difference is mainly in recruiting and that some schools recruit differently than others and are happy to lower their academic standards for better athletes. Plus the amount of truth bending they will do when talking to recruits.
I’m glad that is no longer an argument among college fans. The last decade or more has made the divide devastatingly obvious. Gone are the days that the old way can still get a school a championship and even if they get a conference championship they are not guaranteed a shot at the National Title. I’m sure you remember that.

In my defense, I chose my baseball team the same year I chose my football team. I liked the uniforms, I knew nothing of the teams, and I picked opposite of my older brother, who is a Mets/Cowboys fan. The Yankees were shit in 73’ and I was 6 and loved card collecting. :zany1:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For real.

Imagine how naive one must be to think a poor kid playing on a football scholarship can afford a $60k+ new SUV (I guess the really nice Navigators, Range Rovers and Escalades are double that).

I just think that a scholarship should stick unless the kid doesn't hold up his end.

Bring in a Freshman top prospect and he tears up his knee so badly he'll never play again? Too bad for that scholarship because he was promised 4 years and he should get 4 years with the same level of academic support including payment of all tuition, fees, books, lab materials, etc and the university should be on the hook for it without any "injury designation" which adds extra scholarships.

If they had done that, they'd have had a MUCH stronger case with respect to paying students.

But the NCAA started as a radio scam and only got worse from there... it's never EVER been legit.
Some schools still honor the scholarship if a player gets injured. I know Penn State has in the past. I also know that if a recruit/commit who is still in high school gets into a legal situation PSU rescinds the offer pending the court outcome. I believe Notre Dame does the same thing. Isherwood Young is a perfect example. Now he’s a hot commodity in the transfer portal at Iowa State.

College football revolves around money. It’s permeated to the high school kids way of thinking. Now it’s not about playing sooner, it’s about where is the best chance to earn NIL money and some are in such a hurry to cash in that they forego their Sr. season of high school football. That’s some of the best years of their life building great memories, and poof! They give that up to get rich quicker, even if they aren’t poor.

Sorry to have highjacked the thread.