OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All true but he's finally put together a good team. I guess if he can't get the QB position and think he can keep restocking it makes sense to get out.
He's probably set for a couple years at QB with that J.J. McCarthy kid.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's probably set for a couple years at QB with that J.J. McCarthy kid.
Could be but the transfer portal throws a curveball at everything. Even with his tweet the other day things can change and if Harbs leaves the kid could easily as well. But yeah they should be fine there at QB.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
PLEASE don't let Harbaugh end up in Seattle... I'm so done facing his teams... so...done...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PLEASE don't let Harbaugh end up in Seattle... I'm so done facing his teams... so...done...
Ok that's crazy I was just talking to a friend who's also a Rams fan and mentioned this as possible he promptly told me to shut my pie hole.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Ok that's crazy I was just talking to a friend who's also a Rams fan and mentioned this as possible he promptly told me to shut my pie hole.
Yes but imagine Seattle beating the 9ers 2x a year. Because every game vs them would be his Super Bowl so. I'm all for it. :laugh4:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Chicago, he’s more a Chicago guy, right?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Harbaugh to the Raiders would be interesting. It would give KC some more threat in that division.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Amazing. Har'blah' gets outed from the NFL because of his crazy nature and struggles to compete as the coach of Michigan, then has one good season, gets embarrassed by Georgia,.........and now he's a hot commodity in the NFL again. This league is so desperate for good coaching.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Amazing. Har'blah' gets outed from the NFL because of his crazy nature and struggles to compete as the coach of Michigan, then has one good season, gets embarrassed by Georgia,.........and now he's a hot commodity in the NFL again. This league is so desperate for good coaching.
I'm more confused by why people keep mentioning the west coast and Las Vegas together. Las Vegas isn't on the west coast. Nevada doesn't have a coast. It's a landlocked desert.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I just read rumblings of Zimmer possibly getting the axe.

I wouldn’t want him as a Rams coach. He’s got to be one of the least likable coaches in the league.

I like Mike Zimmer. In fact I was hoping for him when he was DC for the Bengals when Jeff Fisher was hired. I don't think he's a bad coach. I think there's a lot more wrong in that Vikings org than just him. I normally don't care about contracts, but they way they basically folded to Kirk Cousins' demands in that year of fully guaranteed money was insane. Has any other QB since done that? Not that I remember.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Some guys just don’t seem like head coaches. How many here really thought Linehan would be a good coach? Did anyone really think Nagy was going to make it? Some guys surprise with success, some make it look good to start. But some of these decisions are head scratchers.

It really shows how there is a shortage of good head coaches in the NFL when some of these guys that fans don’t believe in can fool an owner or GM into believing they could get their team into the playoffs.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I like Mike Zimmer. In fact I was hoping for him when he was DC for the Bengals when Jeff Fisher was hired. I don't think he's a bad coach. I think there's a lot more wrong in that Vikings org than just him. I normally don't care about contracts, but they way they basically folded to Kirk Cousins' demands in that year of fully guaranteed money was insane. Has any other QB since done that? Not that I remember.
In the league today, unless you are a defensive genius, leading an absolutely dominant defense, I don't think you can win it all.

The overwhelming majority of playoff team's are being led by so called offensive gurus.

And some may point to Belichick, but he became an all around coach who was able to keep his own personal offensive guru on his staff for yrs. That normally doesn't happen as those hot assistants get snapped up quickly.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'm more confused by why people keep mentioning the west coast and Las Vegas together. Las Vegas isn't on the west coast. Nevada doesn't have a coast. It's a landlocked desert.
Because its in the same timezone as the coast lol

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
In the league today, unless you are a defensive genius, leading an absolutely dominant defense, I don't think you can win it all.

The overwhelming majority of playoff team's are being led by so called offensive gurus.

And some may point to Belichick, but he became an all around coach who was able to keep his own personal offensive guru on his staff for yrs. That normally doesn't happen as those hot assistants get snapped up quickly.

What does this have to do w/ thinking Mike Zimmer is a good coach?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

And if a defensive head coach finds a good OC to compliment his defense, they quickly get hired away.

These last few years a good offense is more important than a good defense.