OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Not sure he will, even if he leaves Seattle. I will give Pete Carroll this, he looks great for 70 and I believe too many teams would be interested in Carroll. Chicago Bears for one, although I firmly believe that Brian Daboll is the perfect fit in Chicago.
If he’s looking to stay on the West Coast he should look into the Raider job.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I've been reading that Buccaneers DC Todd Bowles is on many short list and although I really like Bowles and understand he coached he New York Jets, his career Head Coaching record in 26-41 and IMO, that will be a tough sell for some fan bases, however, I do think very highly of Bowles and believe he might be better waiting until Arians calls it quits in Tampa.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've been reading that Buccaneers DC Todd Bowles is on many short list and although I really like Bowles and understand he coached he New York Jets, his career Head Coaching record in 26-41 and IMO, that will be a tough sell for some fan bases, however, I do think very highly of Bowles and believe he might be better waiting until Arians calls it quits in Tampa.
The ideal coordinator is a guy who has had a shot at HC and isn't going to be a hot candidate for a while to be poached. Bowles was probably Arians' greatest move IMO and a big part of why they won it all last year.

I do hope that fat red faced fuck loses his DC to a HC job but yeah I agree he probably won't get the nod over some of these other guys even though he deserves it.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I do hope that fat red faced fuck loses his DC to a HC job but yeah I agree he probably won't get the nod over some of these other guys even though he deserves it.
Bowles is 58 too, but he does have a degree of toughness to him, but the Jets had one good year under him and then it went south with records of 5-11, 5-11, & 4-12 respectively. Now again, it was the Jets, but again tough to present that record to a fan base.

I believe Arians will lose Byron Leftwich and believe that Bowles could succeed him in Tampa and it might even be after this year.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
even though our defense has improved...if Fangio is fired in Denver, we need to bring him in.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
even though our defense has improved...if Fangio is fired in Denver, we need to bring him in.
Only way we're getting rid of Morris is if he gets a head coaching gig, McVay won't fire his friend.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Only way we're getting rid of Morris is if he gets a head coaching gig, McVay won't fire his friend.
Although I do feel McVay is different as he didn't hire his best friend in linebacker coach Joe Barry for DC, I don't believe he would fire Morris with the way this defense has performed. Now, there is nothing wrong with rooting for Morris to be the next Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders and then Fangio becoming the next Ram DC.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jourdan mentioned that what colleges now pay assistants is much more than they get in the NFL. Henderson could make a million dollars as a college DC. The tenth highest paid assistant, Derek Mason DC Auburn makes 1.5 million.

I couldn’t find what Henderson makes with the Rams but I’m guessing it’s not a million.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I just read rumblings of Zimmer possibly getting the axe.

I wouldn’t want him as a Rams coach. He’s got to be one of the least likable coaches in the league.

Psycho_X

Legend

I wouldn’t want him as a Rams coach. He’s got to be one of the least likable coaches in the league.
no man GIF

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Jourdan mentioned that what colleges now pay assistants is much more than they get in the NFL. Henderson could make a million dollars as a college DC. The tenth highest paid assistant, Derek Mason DC Auburn makes 1.5 million.

I couldn’t find what Henderson makes with the Rams but I’m guessing it’s not a million.
Probably not.

They don't have to pay players... so....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Florida is offering him $1 million just to be the DL Coach.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably not.

They don't have to pay players... so....
They're also more important and work longer hours. That isn't to diminish the importance of NFL coaches. But NFL coaches aren't also responsible for talent acquisition. College assistants recruit the guys who play for them.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not surprising at all.
He may have been fired if he lost to OSU again this year. I dont think he ever planned on being there very long, but couldnt get out while he was getting beat like a drum every year.
All true but he's finally put together a good team. I guess if he can't get the QB position and think he can keep restocking it makes sense to get out.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

There's some tough competition but Zimmer is in the hunt. As least likable that is, not as a Rams coach.