OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Roughly 60% of the NFL is Black. Roughly 30% of NFL assistant coaches are Black. Right now, only 3% of NFL Head Coaches are Black. Talk about Marxism all you want (don't know how that's relevant to this thread, though), but the numbers don't lie. I wish we lived in a society where race didn't need to be part of the conversation, but we don't. Bias is a very real thing, and it's a problem in the NFL.

Roughly 14% of people in the USA are black. Shouldn't they only represent about 14% of players and coaches if going purely by percentage of literal existence?

YOUR statistics above show they are represented far above their physically existing population, both as players and assistant coaches.

As for head coaching, there are only 32 head coaches, so 4% being black head coaches represents the same ratio of black citizens (14%) in Americas population.

Just saying.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Roughly 14% of people in the USA are black. Shouldn't they only represent about 14% of players and coaches if going purely by percentage of literal existence?

YOUR statistics above show they are represented far above their physically existing population, both as players and assistant coaches.

As for head coaching, there are only 32 head coaches, so 4% being black head coaches represents the same ratio of black citizens (14%) in Americas population.

Just saying.
We need more white players, oh but you want the best players for the job.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
shotgun-suicide.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree @OldSchool he's earned it and IMO might only be around for one year as an OC, but that's fine, Brown is an outstanding Coach and the McVay Tree will just keep on growing.
With Eric Yarber just a step behind him but it's a small step imo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
With Eric Yarber just a step behind him but it's a small step imo.
Yarber is older, but one of the best assistants on the staff from day one has done just an excellent job as the WR coach in every shape, way & form.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WTF do you discuss for 10 hours. Guess I'd never be a HC because I'd lay out the plan for that roster, the staff, and the identity of the team I'd build and deuces. Can't imagine that taking more than a couple hours.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Worst thing too is the Dolphins have a shit owner and front office so you'd have to be Dick Vermiel good or better to turn that around.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Damn! Ten hours? I can see why the Rooney rule was in part intended to give prospective minority coaches practice at the interview process

Tour of facility, formal interview with a couple of executives followed by dinner with the owner..If it starts at Noon then dinner goes till 10 there is your ten hours.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Tour of facility, formal interview with a couple of executives followed by dinner with the owner..If it starts at Noon then dinner goes till 10 there is your ten hours.
It's pretty easy to make a day out of a professional hiring situation, especially if someone has come in from out of town. There are lots of people to meet and lots of potential for some wining and dining. And you don't want to send them back to their hotel with nothing to do for hours until their flight.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Florio thinking McVay might hang it up if he wins the Superbowl is way off in my opinion. I guess anything is possible but I think this is still the tip of the iceberg for Sean.