OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I understand it - under the Rooney Rule each team needs to interview 2 different minority candidates from outside the organization. For the Giants, those two candidates were Frazier and Flores. They needed both interviews to satisfy the rule.
Yup, you corrected me on that. 2 outside and 1 in person. The fact that the Giants interviewed 3 is irrelevant, but somehow is over looked (not by you)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, it was create because of the misconception that there was some bias and to appease public opinion that gives race consideration in hiring practices is “fair”.
Misconception? There is no misconception. There was bias back then, and there's still bias today.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea its ridiculous, not only has he interviewed twice in the last week...But he obviously already knows he's being hired for the HC job and is working now on filling out his coaching staff. The longer he waits to start recruiting his coaching staff, the worse options he will have since other new HCs have a head start. How in the fuck is this fair to us?? There is no way his focus is fully on the Super Bowl which is complete bullshit.
I dont know, when interviewed I would imagine he presented his plan. Not sure if they are allowed to mention names but I dont see why they wouldnt be allowed.
Alas, I dont know what would alter focus more. Knowing he's got the job and can just focus on winning the SB or not knowing he got the job and is now coaching the SB with the additional pressure of "winning" that job.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What he exactly said was "I hear from Buf and NYG that you are their guy. Hope it works out if you want it to"
So yeah, taking off the BB is a scum glasses, and understanding that he clearly has many of his coaches and former coaches reaching out to him, it can read like he's pumping the guy up. Hope it works out? Cmon man... There's no definitive in that.
Then what was also said, "Sorry, I fucked this up. I double checked & misread the text. I think they are naming Daboll."
Again, I think? Yeah, that is synonymous with I'm guessing.
You ever tried to pump up a friend for a job interview by telling him you heard from the employer that they're going to hire him and then end up telling him that you made a mistake and actually heard they were hiring a different friend of yours? C'mon. You're doing mental gymnastics to ignore the simple and obvious explanation.
Those are the exact words, and can easily be perceived in more than 1 way, unless one wants to see only 1 POV.
Can they? "I hear from Buf and NYG" is not exactly ambiguous.

If he was the guy, they would have still needed to interview Frazier and his complaint is exactly the same.
Do you have proof of this? Again, what I read said that Flores's interview satisfied the Rooney Rule.

Except he gets the job, this wasnt an issue. Apples to Apples
Correct. If he gets the job, the Giants didn't interview him knowing they weren't going to give him the job. Yet, you're still using a false equivalence.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Misconception? There is no misconception. There was bias back then, and there's still bias today.
That’s nonsense built on a false narrative just like the rest of the race story being promoted by organizations like Marxist led BLM.

If there’s bias the same could be said about why there aren’t more Asians or Norwegians in the NFL.

The best players play based on their performance. The best coaches get hired because of their history and ability to interview. Race should not be in the conversation.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You ever tried to pump up a friend for a job interview by telling him you heard from the employer that they're going to hire him and then end up telling him that you made a mistake and actually heard they were hiring a different friend of yours? C'mon. You're doing mental gymnastics to ignore the simple and obvious explanation.
Belichick didnt say that. I quoted his "text". You're obviously too biased in your opinion to discuss any longer so I'll just move on to those who have open minds.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That’s nonsense built on a false narrative just like the rest of the race story being promoted by organizations like Marxist led BLM.

If there’s bias the same could be said about why there aren’t more Asians or Norwegians in the NFL.

The best players play based on their performance. The best coaches get hired because of their history and ability to interview. Race should not be in the conversation.

The difference between being on a roster and being a coach and the process to getting those jobs that I fail to see any utility in the comparison.

"The best" with players is defined by their play against other players and their athletic profiles.

Coaches? Pretty damn subjective and we know the hiring process is shit, based on the results.
I mean... Urban fucking Meyer?????

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Roughly 60% of the NFL is Black. Roughly 30% of NFL assistant coaches are Black. Right now, only 3% of NFL Head Coaches are Black. Talk about Marxism all you want (don't know how that's relevant to this thread, though), but the numbers don't lie. I wish we lived in a society where race didn't need to be part of the conversation, but we don't. Bias is a very real thing, and it's a problem in the NFL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Belichick didnt say that. I quoted his "text". You're obviously too biased in your opinion to discuss any longer so I'll just move on to those who have open minds.
Let's make it easier. I'll post the picture:
flores_bill2.jpg

"I hear from Buffalo & NYG that you are their guy." NYG was doing the hiring. That means he heard from the employer doing the hiring that Daboll was the guy. I use "I think" when I'm trying to soften my language. Note how he went from "you are their guy" when he thought it was Flores to "I think" when he realized he screwed up and it was Daboll. He was softening his language because he knew what a dagger to the heart that was for Flores.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's make it easier. I'll post the picture:
flores_bill2.jpg

"I hear from Buffalo & NYG that you are their guy." NYG was doing the hiring. That means he heard from the employer doing the hiring that Daboll was the guy. I use "I think" when I'm trying to soften my language. Note how he went from "you are their guy" when he thought it was Flores to "I think" when he realized he screwed up and it was Daboll. He was softening his language because he knew what a dagger to the heart that was for Flores.
Yup, I posted the exact quotes several times and yet you still keep saying that it says something else
Edit- whoops, wrong thread

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As for Flores in this thread, I think New Orleans is insane to not hire this guy.
Afraid to lose Allen? So what. He can stay or not. The team is going to rebuild and why not go with the guy who already proved he can win with a roster meant for a top 5 draft pick.
He can stay, keep the D going strong and then be a top candidate next year
Flores already has an edge and now it will be even stronger

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice to see you fuckheads bring the race argument into this thread.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The difference between being on a roster and being a coach and the process to getting those jobs that I fail to see any utility in the comparison.

"The best" with players is defined by their play against other players and their athletic profiles.

Coaches? Pretty damn subjective and we know the hiring process is shit, based on the results.
I mean... Urban fucking Meyer?????
They don’t all turn out Greg Robinson???

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Roughly 60% of the NFL is Black. Roughly 30% of NFL assistant coaches are Black. Right now, only 3% of NFL Head Coaches are Black. Talk about Marxism all you want (don't know how that's relevant to this thread, though), but the numbers don't lie. I wish we lived in a society where race didn't need to be part of the conversation, but we don't. Bias is a very real thing, and it's a problem in the NFL.
And 16% of the population in the US. So where is the baseline?