OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We're in the Super Bowl too. Woooo!

But yeah the success of the McVay tree ensures this is gonna continue. We need KoC to fall on his fucking face like a Belichick assistant.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Updated with shit news that we lose 2 more guys.....
1643895774743.png

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It would really piss me off if Kevin O'Connell hired Vic Fangio as his DC. He could take a coach or two with him, but usually it's an unwritten rule that they won't take many. Brandon Staley, tried to take O'Connell, but the Rams denied permission, however, they were going to allow Joe Barry to go, then Barry took the DC job in Green Bay instead.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'll be we lose another 2-3.
I understand why they are going after McVay's tree, one of his assistants Zac Taylor is in the Super Bowl, so it's easy to hire someone like Kevin O'Connell a former NFL QB at that. Also the Rams allow their assistants to leave for better opportunities, some organizations don't do that.

I'm concerned who O'Connell will take with him, but McVay's strength has been his ability adding quality assistant coaches and I don't see that changing moving forward.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I tell you another guy I'd love to bring in for OC if they go outside, is David Culley. Dude got a raw deal in Houston and he had that team competitive with some decent QB play out of not decent QB

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I tell you another guy I'd love to bring in for OC if they go outside, is David Culley. Dude got a raw deal in Houston and he had that team competitive with some decent QB play out of not decent QB
I don't know. I still can't fathom that he coached a WR unit that had zero TD receptions for an entire year when in KC. That's always rubbed me wrong since I heard it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know. I still can't fathom that he coached a WR unit that had zero TD receptions for an entire year when in KC. That's always rubbed me wrong since I heard it.
Well, recent history shows decent QB play out of a horse shit Texans team, was QB coach for Lamar Jackson when he transformed in to a passer & was Josh Allen QB coach as a rookie and 2nd year player. Not sure I can say much about the KC WR sitch being he was saddled with Alex Smith at QB (who actually became half decent while Culley was on board)

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Well, recent history shows decent QB play out of a horse shit Texans team, was QB coach for Lamar Jackson when he transformed in to a passer & was Josh Allen QB coach as a rookie and 2nd year player. Not sure I can say much about the KC WR sitch being he was saddled with Alex Smith at QB (who actually became half decent while Culley was on board)
He was with BUF for one year as QB coach and was the Pass Coordinator/WR coach with BAL so I'm not sure how much he helped Lamar/Allen. I do know the constant complaint of the Ravens is the WRs usually struggle. I'd be interested to see what Jackson/Allen thought of him or how he helped him. He's 66 years old right now. I'd imagine Sean would want to go younger.

We shall see!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was with BUF for one year as QB coach and was the Pass Coordinator/WR coach with BAL so I'm not sure how much he helped Lamar/Allen. I do know the constant complaint of the Ravens is the WRs usually struggle. I'd be interested to see what Jackson/Allen thought of him or how he helped him. He's 66 years old right now. I'd imagine Sean would want to go younger.

We shall see!
He was 2 years in Buffalo, year 1 he developed Tyrod Taylor in to a decent QB and that team made the playoffs for the first time in like 15 years. Year 2 he was Allen's QB coach as a rookie. He was passing game coordinator in Baltimore and the difference in the passing productivity before him in Baltimore (and after he left) is night and day. These arent coincidences.
Alas, I'm not pounding the table for the guy, just throwing a name out there for someone who at this stage may be done looking for a HC job and will be around for awhile

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
He was 2 years in Buffalo, year 1 he developed Tyrod Taylor in to a decent QB and that team made the playoffs for the first time in like 15 years. Year 2 he was Allen's QB coach as a rookie. He was passing game coordinator in Baltimore and the difference in the passing productivity before him in Baltimore (and after he left) is night and day. These arent coincidences.
Alas, I'm not pounding the table for the guy, just throwing a name out there for someone who at this stage may be done looking for a HC job and will be around for awhile
Apologizes, on Wiki if showed only 1 season for him in BUF. I'm not against him, just have a few other preferences. And like I said, I can't get that KC stat out of my head. Haha.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
We're in the Super Bowl too. Woooo!

But yeah the success of the McVay tree ensures this is gonna continue. We need KoC to fall on his fucking face like a Belichick assistant.
Don't count on it. O'Connell is a very sharp dude who imo will be a great hire for the Vikings. And he is the exact opposite of an immature, rampant jerk like some of the Belichick bad apples. Of course he will need a strong DC.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Don't count on it. O'Connell is a very sharp dude who imo will be a great hire for the Vikings. And he is the exact opposite of an immature, rampant jerk like some of the Belichick bad apples. Of course he will need a strong DC.
Yeah I meant to put that last sentence in blue. Wouldn't surprise me if he wins there right out the gate but with that QB situation he's probably capped on what he can do.