OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Vegas becoming Patriots West seems a like a bad idea. Bringing the best known cheating organization to the gambling capital of the country should be interesting.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think McDaniels will be a good hire for Vegas. His experience list is a lot longer now than when he got his Denver look. Comparing him to the rest of the HC hopefuls he's got a great track record. This will be the second good hire in a row by bowl cut. Gruden, whatever you think of him, was a strong hire at the time even though he didn't work out fully. He at least did like Fish and elevated some things in the org.

Also they want to keep their QB. Hiring McDaniels will achieve that without any tag drama.

Re: the Jagtards does the owner have his kid running the search? Because not closing on the guy they fired a GM for is some dumb shit. If you had a great interview with him and feel like it's right then hire the MFer. Or maybe someone in that search is butthurt being told to fire Baalke and those hard feelings will steer them to OConnell which IMO is probably a mistake. I don't know if Leftwich is ready but I'm pretty sure OConnell isn't.

Lastly I didn't think much of Taylor being ready either and he's in the AFC Championship game so there's that too. :laugh3:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yeah the western divisions are now both bloodbaths or will be when/if Seattle improves themselves. Carr is the worst QB in the AFCW and would be an upgrade for at least a third of the teams in the league if not more. Terrible year next year for us to have to play that division tbh.
Unless Denver had a new QB Carr is not the worst and he carried them tkk on the playoffs this year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless Denver had a new QB Carr is not the worst and he carried them tkk on the playoffs this year.
Everybody is working on the assumption that Rodgers is going to be traded to Denver. I'm pretty sure that was mentioned earlier in the conversation you're quoting there. Far from guaranteed but the chances seem pretty good.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Yeah, I have to admit when Khan was planning to buy the Rams, he sounded like he had some good plans, but the problem IMHO with Khan is allowing his children to run the franchise in major executive positions and actually making football decisions.

Khan purchased the Jaguars in December of 2011 so his first season as owner was 2012 and here have been the Jaguars records:

2012...2-14
2013...4-12
2014...3-13
2015...5-11
2016...2-12
2017...10-6 (Lost Conference Championship)
2018...5-11
2019....6-10
2020....1-15
2021....3-14

Total Overall record with Shad Khan as owner & Mike Mularkey, Gus Bradley, Doug Marrone & Urban Meyer as Head Coaches.....41-118.
Khan has to own that record..... 'cuz Fisher has been available for a few years now.
And 8-8 would be better than 2-14..... :zany1:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Everybody is working on the assumption that Rodgers is going to be traded to Denver. I'm pretty sure that was mentioned earlier in the conversation you're quoting there. Far from guaranteed but the chances seem pretty good.
Until it is done I don’t believe Rogers is leaving GB. I don’t know how getting Hackett helps that and can’t imagine Lefluer ring ok going with Love.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Until it is done I don’t believe Rogers is leaving GB. I don’t know how getting Hackett helps that and can’t imagine Lefluer ring ok going with Love.

1) part of the negotiations this off-season was that if Rodgers wanted out after the season that they'd do their best to accommodate him.

2) Hackett has a connection with Rodgers (I don't recall if he was his QB coach or OC, but either way)

3) Denver's D, OL and weapons are plenty good enough for Rodgers to compete from the jump. And they should have enough draft ammo to get him.

4) Rodgers likes the Denver area.

We'll see what happens, but it looks now as if Rodgers will be on the move unless something changes.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Understandable to hold that opinion and don't really care to rehash all the reasons he could leave. As I said it's far from guaranteed but there's a long list of reasons why he could be traded.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Khan brought in Coughlin and it's gone down hill somehow after him. Since Khan took over the team they've the worst record in the NFL and hired two of the worst head coaches we've ever seen. Coughlin was just the icing on the cake of the Khan fuckup.
I don't remember hearing anything negative about him while he coached the Giants, and was very successful with both the Jags when he coached them and the Giants. I dont think anyone saw coming what happened over there. I believe their worst records have came after Coughlin and after everyone jumped ship.

Not saying Khan is a good owner or anything, but I believe they had a chance with the roster they had a few years ago to stay relevant until it dwindled away.

Edit: just saw dens post with their record since Khan became owner. My memory was incorrect. That's a horrible record. Lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't remember hearing anything negative about him while he coached the Giants, and was very successful with both the Jags when he coached them and the Giants. I dont think anyone saw coming what happened over there. I believe their worst records have came after Coughlin and after everyone jumped ship.

Not saying Khan is a good owner or anything, but I believe they had a chance with the roster they had a few years ago to stay relevant until it dwindled away.
That GM/staff felt disjointed. It was odd making Coughlin an executive.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Edit: just saw dens post with their record since Khan became owner. My memory was incorrect. That's a horrible record. Lol.
Coughlin very much had a reputation as a hard ass and was said to be excessive about it. He did win in New York as a coach though yes.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought he was off limits until after the Super Bowl
Only to teams that hadn't requested an interview yet. He's had one in Houston so they could ask for a second. Whereas Jax hadn't asked for one yet so they have to wait. Think Minny interviewed him once too and maybe Chicago but they picked their guy.