OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't remember hearing anything negative about him while he coached the Giants, and was very successful with both the Jags when he coached them and the Giants. I dont think anyone saw coming what happened over there. I believe their worst records have came after Coughlin and after everyone jumped ship.

Not saying Khan is a good owner or anything, but I believe they had a chance with the roster they had a few years ago to stay relevant until it dwindled away.

Edit: just saw dens post with their record since Khan became owner. My memory was incorrect. That's a horrible record. Lol.
Coughlin was always known as a hard ass who didn't connect well with today's players. He had to soften with the Giants to avoid getting fired. I thought the move to put him in the Front Office was a good guy, but I figured Khan would establish boundaries. Instead, he let Coughlin run roughshod over the organization and team, which alienated all their top talent.

Coughlin should have been put in a role that had him making personnel/roster-building decisions and working with the coaches. He should not have been in a player-facing role. And when it was clear it wasn't working, Khan should have swooped in and removed Coughlin or set clear boundaries. He didn't.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Coughlin was always known as a hard ass who didn't connect well with today's players. He had to soften with the Giants to avoid getting fired. I thought the move to put him in the Front Office was a good guy, but I figured Khan would establish boundaries. Instead, he let Coughlin run roughshod over the organization and team, which alienated all their top talent.

Coughlin should have been put in a role that had him making personnel/roster-building decisions and working with the coaches. He should not have been in a player-facing role. And when it was clear it wasn't working, Khan should have swooped in and removed Coughlin or set clear boundaries. He didn't.
I wonder if Khan himself gets pushed around by some of these strong personalities. Or maybe is just easily persuaded by persuasive people. First Coughlin, then Baalke. Baalke especially us known to be condescending and manipulative. How’d he even get hired after his 49ers time?
I’m just speculating here, but it could explain the bad decisions and slow reaction to them by Khan.

Psycho_X

Legend
Mike Zimmer's daughter... i mean girlfriend... throws down on Rick Spielman. Now I don't disagree that Spielman is kind of a pussy doing the media circuit pushing his narratives so I'll give her that but also not a good look for Zimmer either. Either way, glad to not have this going on with my organization.

Mike Zimmer’s girlfriend unleashes a verbal tirade on former Vikings GM Rick Spielman​

Jordy McElroy
Mon, January 31, 2022, 5:00 PM

Supermodel Katarina Elizabeth Miketin, who is reportedly dating former Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer, isn’t holding back when it comes to her opinion of former general manager Rick Spielman.
She backed up previous comments made by Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders that Zimmer and Spielman hadn’t spoken in months leading up to both men being fired by the Vikings organization. It was a mini bombshell that highlighted the dysfunction in the final days of the previous regime.
Spielman has been doing the rounds in recent days with multiple appearances and interviews. When appearing on FOX Sports’ The Herd, the former general manager talked about an offensive-minded coach having an easier time connecting with a quarterback than a defensive-minded coach.
Well, Miketin wasn’t having any of that conversation, and she took to social media to address Spielman personally.

“What about the GM having a relationship with the organization? Not talking to your coach for three months? Rick, Back-peddling and “spin” have always been your “game”. You should be embarrassed by your media blitz of, “it wasn’t my fault,” posted Miketin.

View: https://twitter.com/KMiketin/status/1487413771719036928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1487413771719036928%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fsports%2Ftom-brady-breaks-silence-on-retirement-rumors-im-still-going-through-the-process-003825766.html

She went even further on her Instagram stories, via Awesemo.com, with more posts aimed in the direction of Spielman.
“I guess any org that hires him will know how he’ll act after he is fired,” Miketin said in one post.
“No respect for MN. Take responsibility,” she added in another post.
Before The Herd appearance, Miketin also called Spielman out as being the reason behind the rift of the relationship with Zimmer. During an appearance on Move the Sticks Podcast, the former GM talked about the difficulties he had adjusting with Zimmer going through at least six different offensive coordinators in his time with the team.
“It was constantly like a moving target all the time,” said Spielman.
Of course, Miketin doesn’t see it that way at all. She accused Spielman of gossip and insisted he “talk facts.”

View: https://twitter.com/KMiketin/status/1486528280593375234?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1486528280593375234%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fsports%2Ftom-brady-breaks-silence-on-retirement-rumors-im-still-going-through-the-process-003825766.html

“Rick, How can you build a team when you refuse to talk to the coach and don’t show up? You talk a lot to everyone else, just not the ones who mattered when the organization needed unity. YOU caused separation. Your gossip needs to stop. Let’s talk facts,” Miketin posted.

Regardless of who you side with in this situation, it’s clear things were beginning to get messy in Minnesota.
The Kwesi Adofo-Mensah era was long overdue.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mike Zimmer's daughter... i mean girlfriend... throws down on Rick Spielman. Now I don't disagree that Spielman is kind of a pussy doing the media circuit pushing his narratives so I'll give her that but also not a good look for Zimmer either. Either way, glad to not have this going on with my organization.

Mike Zimmer’s girlfriend unleashes a verbal tirade on former Vikings GM Rick Spielman​

Jordy McElroy
Mon, January 31, 2022, 5:00 PM

Supermodel Katarina Elizabeth Miketin, who is reportedly dating former Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer, isn’t holding back when it comes to her opinion of former general manager Rick Spielman.
She backed up previous comments made by Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders that Zimmer and Spielman hadn’t spoken in months leading up to both men being fired by the Vikings organization. It was a mini bombshell that highlighted the dysfunction in the final days of the previous regime.
Spielman has been doing the rounds in recent days with multiple appearances and interviews. When appearing on FOX Sports’ The Herd, the former general manager talked about an offensive-minded coach having an easier time connecting with a quarterback than a defensive-minded coach.
Well, Miketin wasn’t having any of that conversation, and she took to social media to address Spielman personally.

“What about the GM having a relationship with the organization? Not talking to your coach for three months? Rick, Back-peddling and “spin” have always been your “game”. You should be embarrassed by your media blitz of, “it wasn’t my fault,” posted Miketin.

View: https://twitter.com/KMiketin/status/1487413771719036928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1487413771719036928%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fsports%2Ftom-brady-breaks-silence-on-retirement-rumors-im-still-going-through-the-process-003825766.html

She went even further on her Instagram stories, via Awesemo.com, with more posts aimed in the direction of Spielman.
“I guess any org that hires him will know how he’ll act after he is fired,” Miketin said in one post.
“No respect for MN. Take responsibility,” she added in another post.
Before The Herd appearance, Miketin also called Spielman out as being the reason behind the rift of the relationship with Zimmer. During an appearance on Move the Sticks Podcast, the former GM talked about the difficulties he had adjusting with Zimmer going through at least six different offensive coordinators in his time with the team.
“It was constantly like a moving target all the time,” said Spielman.
Of course, Miketin doesn’t see it that way at all. She accused Spielman of gossip and insisted he “talk facts.”

View: https://twitter.com/KMiketin/status/1486528280593375234?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1486528280593375234%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fsports%2Ftom-brady-breaks-silence-on-retirement-rumors-im-still-going-through-the-process-003825766.html

“Rick, How can you build a team when you refuse to talk to the coach and don’t show up? You talk a lot to everyone else, just not the ones who mattered when the organization needed unity. YOU caused separation. Your gossip needs to stop. Let’s talk facts,” Miketin posted.

Regardless of who you side with in this situation, it’s clear things were beginning to get messy in Minnesota.
The Kwesi Adofo-Mensah era was long overdue.

I don’t know much about Spielman. He was considered to be a very good talent evaluator at one time. But I’ve always felt Zimmer was a smug little asshole.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Updated, expect a flurry of hires soon
1643727260892.png

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, I think Harbaugh is going to take the Vikings job, thus leaving the door open for Matt Rhule to leave Carolina for Michigan. and thus Carolina needing a new football coach and I could see Brian Flores getting that job.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don’t know much about Spielman. He was considered to be a very good talent evaluator at one time. But I’ve always felt Zimmer was a smug little asshole.
Yeah I don't like Zimmer and the thought of him dating a supermodel doesn't improve my image of him either though I give the guy cred. Must have a lot more energy than you would think looking at him.

But I do think he's a hell of a DC. If we lose Morris and end up with him I am happy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I don't like Zimmer and the thought of him dating a supermodel doesn't improve my image of him either though I give the guy cred. Must have a lot more energy than you would think looking at him.

But I do think he's a hell of a DC. If we lose Morris and end up with him I am happy.
The losing Morris ship has sailed I think. Harbaugh looks like he'll get the Minny job, not sure theres an opening for Morris elsewhere?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm fine having him back for year 2. He should be even better with another camp. :thumbsup1:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm fine having him back for year 2. He should be even better with another camp. :thumbsup1:

And if he gets a head coaching offer then, we'd get a third round compensatory pick for him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IMO, I think Harbaugh is going to take the Vikings job, thus leaving the door open for Matt Rhule to leave Carolina for Michigan. and thus Carolina needing a new football coach and I could see Brian Flores getting that job.
What makes you think Rule wants to leave the NFL?

I wouldn't want him as Rams DC. He's not a culture fit plus those older guys (65) are often stuck on old ways of thinking and coaching.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
The D has now stepped up big when it counts. Morris should be welcomed back. Though I'm not counting him out for an HC job just yet, especially if we win it all and our D crushes it in the big game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What makes you think Rule wants to leave the NFL?
Been rumors that he might be interested in the Michigan job if it comes open and if he doesn't win in 2022, he's gone in Carolina. The Quarterback issue looms for them, but if Rhule stays that is where Jimmy Garoppolo sign IMHO.