OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
That would be an interesting hire and either elevate Aubrey Pleasant to DC in Detroit or possibly the opportunity to go with Glenn to New Orleans as I believe if Glenn gets the HC gig over Dennis Allen, Allen would leave New Orleans.
I would think so Den, being passed up and all. I wonder if he did leave, would McVay consider him as a DC if Morris is hired as a HC.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would think so Den, being passed up and all. I wonder if he did leave, would McVay consider him as a DC if Morris is hired as a HC.
Allen runs a different scheme, but so did Morris, however, Allen is a highly regarded DC and the Saint defense put up good numbers this year, so Allen if passed over would be in high demand.

The problem with Allen is, when he was Head Coach of the Raiders his record was 8-28 and that's a tough sell to a fan base regardless of the success of a coordinator. If I'm a Saint fan I'd rather take my chances with Glenn then Allen.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, the last thing Fangio needs is to be with Jacksonville, but then again, he needs a job, so there is that.
Makes a lot of sense though. He can put his stamp on a young team and if he turns them around it just further cements his legacy. He's hitching himself to a young highly thought off offensive mind so I totally get it. Rather go there than some of the other openings.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Makes a lot of sense though. He can put his stamp on a young team and if he turns them around it just further cements his legacy. He's hitching himself to a young highly thought off offensive mind so I totally get it. Rather go there than some of the other openings.
would not shock me either, if the Jags missed out on Leftwich, who now could interview in New Orleans that they actually hire Fangio as Head Coach.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
would not shock me either, if the Jags missed out on Leftwich, who now could interview in New Orleans that they actually hire Fangio as Head Coach.
I thought it was reported today, that the hold up with Leftwich, was that he didn't want Baalke as the GM. So the Jags are firing Baalke

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I thought it was reported today, that the hold up with Leftwich, was that he didn't want Baalke as the GM. So the Jags are firing Baalke
Correct. Leftwich wants more say in personnel and he apparently does not like Baalke who is abrasive and condescending.

So Baalke is out

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think Asshole Face even bothers with the booth yet. He's not ready for that. What he wants is a clean slate to build from.

So I expect we'll see trade talks soon with a smart team or two trying to shake him loose from Nawlins. Probably going on right now behind the scenes.
From what I heard on the Herd, he’s really only thinking about retiring for now.
  • Ex-Rams and Titans coach Jeff Fisher has accepted the USFL Michigan Panthers' head-coaching job.​

SOURCE: USFL Panthers on Twitter
    Jan 27, 2022, 1:58 PM ET

Those Panthers will be declawed on offense.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Pretty confident we don't lose Morris or O'Connell. I just dont think O'Connell has the presence or confidence to wow in an interview like McVay or Staley. His energy is way different. And he doesn't even call plays for us which hurts him. I haven't heard much buzz recently with his name after the first interview or two.

And Morris I think has to wait another year. After failing as a HC already, I think he'll need to work his way back into conversations again. He's not part of the McVay coaching tree so won't be looked at the same way. Whether or not we keep him as DC next year I think really comes down to these last two games and how the defense performs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty confident we don't lose Morris or O'Connell. I just dont think O'Connell has the presence or confidence to wow in an interview like McVay or Staley. His energy is way different. And he doesn't even call plays for us which hurts him. I haven't heard much buzz recently with his name after the first interview or two.

And Morris I think has to wait another year. After failing as a HC already, I think he'll need to work his way back into conversations again. He's not part of the McVay coaching tree so won't be looked at the same way. Whether or not we keep him as DC next year I think really comes down to these last two games and how the defense performs.
Taylor and LaFleur didn't call plays either but you might be on to something with the presence. And if it takes another year for Morris all the better! We get comp picks next year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

And defensive head coaches are not en vogue this year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the only job filled right now is Chicago, with Jacksonville not far behind?

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Taylor and LaFleur didn't call plays either but you might be on to something with the presence. And if it takes another year for Morris all the better! We get comp picks next year.
LaFleur took the OC job at Tennessee primarily so he could call plays and add that to his resume.
The rest is history as he was hired the next at Green Bay.

~ArkyRamsFan~

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the coaching tracker would look as follows:
Denver Broncos: HC Hackett*, DC Open, OC Open
Chicago Bears: HC Eberflus*, DC Open, OC Open
Jacksonville Jags: HC Leftwich**, DC Open, OC Open
New Orleans Saints: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
Minnesota Vikings: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
Miami Dolphins: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
NY Giants: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open