OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Moore is highly overrated imo.
Wow. Asshole Face on the move is big news. He will of course resurface with another downtrodden team who has a QB or a high pick. But this is a big deal given how the Saints are one of those teams who was shit before Payton and will probably go back to that just like the Rams did post-Vermiel. Him moving, as well as the two DCs Fangio and Zimmer and who they choose are going to change the power structure in the league.

Good friend of mine is a Saints fan. Feel for him on this one and I told him they were fucking up when they didn't position to have a QB post-Brees. Not like it was hard to see or anything but still. Their cap is shit too iirc but too lazy to look it up lol.

There is a really good chance he will have Fangio or Zimmer on his staff too btw. That will be a prime spot assuming he moves to another team and that this isn't a real retirement move.
He’s under contract for now. Maybe someone will work out a trade for him. Maybe he’s talking to Payton Manning. If he doesn’t want to stay and fix the Saints then he won’t want to go to a bad team. Maybe he really does take a year off.

One thing is for certain. Payton does not have a face made for broadcasting! :laugh4:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

He’s under contract for now. Maybe someone will work out a trade for him. Maybe he’s talking to Payton Manning. If he doesn’t want to stay and fix the Saints then he won’t want to go to a bad team. Maybe he really does take a year off.

One thing is for certain. Payton does not have a face made for broadcasting! :laugh4:
The Athletic Football Show with Robert Mays beat Moore up pretty good last week. Mitchell Schwartz said he was just not impressed with him and didn't see anything to get excited about.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TG?

And if the team and Asshole Face come to a mutual understanding, couldn't they just end the contract?

I have to wonder which side is calling it quits. Is ownership saying you need to resign? Or is Peyton saying he's done. If Peyton is saying he's done, I can see this. But if it is the organization giving him the boot, not so much. I suppose we are probably rightfully so thinking Peyton is resigning.
No idea what that TG was, I was on the ipad and it does strange things when I type on it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No idea what that TG was, I was on the ipad and it does strange things when I type on it.

Obviously, Todd Gurley is going into coaching. :p

(I’d use blue font, but my fucking Internet cut out again.)

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

One of these owners who really wants to win is going to go get Asshole Face. And if I had a shitter at QB right now that just means I'd offer him a bigger check.

The guy I'd expect to go get him is Jerry Jones. But he needs to have a coach who allows him to fuck with shit, so his own BS removes him from that equation.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's very weird he's going to be HC of the team that he busted with. (Leftwich was a top 10 pick for the Jaguars. But he didn't pan out. David Garrard ended up taking his job.)
Yeah it's a strange situation, but then the best coaches weren't great players were they really? Though it would be a very Jacksonville thing to take a guy in the top 10 to have him bust. Then give him his first head coaching gig to have him flame out in spectacular fashion. I'm glad he will get a chance just not sure how he'll do.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Somewhat shocked at this because I like Kellen Moore so maybe some feel he's still too young, but I like him better then most.
It's dumb. Teams are going to hire retreads and end up wishing in a couple years that they had the balls to hire Moore.
Definitely not. The Cowboys were #1 in PPG and YPG this year. They were #6 in PPG and #1 in YPG in 2019. In 2020, before Dak's injury, they were one of the top offenses in the NFL. Moore is a great play caller.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It's very weird he's going to be HC of the team that he busted with. (Leftwich was a top 10 pick for the Jaguars. But he didn't pan out. David Garrard ended up taking his job.)
Wasn't more of an injury issue with him? I forget.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's dumb. Teams are going to hire retreads and end up wishing in a couple years that they had the balls to hire Moore.

Definitely not. The Cowboys were #1 in PPG and YPG this year. They were #6 in PPG and #1 in YPG in 2019. In 2020, before Dak's injury, they were one of the top offenses in the NFL. Moore is a great play caller.
The few times I watched the Cowboys I noticed a big difference in his offense against good defenses and bad defenses. The Cowboys play against a weak division and struggle with tough opponents. If Moore is head coaching material he's going to need to sort that out at some point. They ran up the score on their division rival and other teams like the Falcon and Panthers. Against teams like Denver and San Francisco they were scoring around 17 points.

I think Moore is a product of a weak schedule.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Arians had the same successful offensive philosophy for years. I know he integrated some of Brady's strengths into his scheme, but its still Arians scheme that he's always used.

I wonder how much of Leftwich's success is tied to Deuce Arians and Tom Brady. I'm not trying to discredit Byron. Its just that we've seen this in the past. Maybe Leftwich has goid leadership skills. If I was looking for a head coach good communication and the ability to lead would be characteristics at the top of my list.