OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Speculation is he goes to Dallas, has a house there.

If so I would expect Dallas then has to send picks to the Saints

Psycho_X

Legend
Good thing he locked up Taysom Hill for the next coach.
Seriously lol, one season and Payton finally realizes what a mistake that was? Time to rip that cord.

I wouldn't touch this job at all if I was a head coaching candidate unless it was my only option. Saints are projected to be $61 million over the cap I think I read. And Taysom Hill takes up over $12 million of that number and if they cut him they take a dead cap hit of $19 million. Lmao, they are so screwed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody wanting Peyton has to trade for him first. I think TG for three years is smart. Recharge the batteries and it gets you out of the Saints contract.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seriously lol, one season and Payton finally realizes what a mistake that was? Time to rip that cord.

I wouldn't touch this job at all if I was a head coaching candidate unless it was my only option. Saints are projected to be $61 million over the cap I think I read. And Taysom Hill takes up over $12 million of that number and if they cut him they take a dead cap hit of $19 million. Lmao, they are so screwed.
Darn. That disappoints me so.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
NFL radio reporting, that Asshole Face is retiring

… retiring to pursue his true calling of male model?

0B0E5C77-C453-442F-9566-72183FC7AF7D.jpeg

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wow. Asshole Face on the move is big news. He will of course resurface with another downtrodden team who has a QB or a high pick. But this is a big deal given how the Saints are one of those teams who was shit before Payton and will probably go back to that just like the Rams did post-Vermiel. Him moving, as well as the two DCs Fangio and Zimmer and who they choose are going to change the power structure in the league.

Good friend of mine is a Saints fan. Feel for him on this one and I told him they were fucking up when they didn't position to have a QB post-Brees. Not like it was hard to see or anything but still. Their cap is shit too iirc but too lazy to look it up lol.

There is a really good chance he will have Fangio or Zimmer on his staff too btw. That will be a prime spot assuming he moves to another team and that this isn't a real retirement move.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Anybody wanting Peyton has to trade for him first. I think TG for three years is smart. Recharge the batteries and it gets you out of the Saints contract.
TG?

And if the team and Asshole Face come to a mutual understanding, couldn't they just end the contract?

I have to wonder which side is calling it quits. Is ownership saying you need to resign? Or is Peyton saying he's done. If Peyton is saying he's done, I can see this. But if it is the organization giving him the boot, not so much. I suppose we are probably rightfully so thinking Peyton is resigning.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like what the Bears are doing in chasing the GM. That front office can't find its ass with either hand, they don't know what they're doing. So if they can hire a good football mind they'll be in business.

JYB

Starter
Edit: Sorry -- shoulda put this in the coaching carousel thread!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. Asshole Face on the move is big news. He will of course resurface with another downtrodden team who has a QB or a high pick. But this is a big deal given how the Saints are one of those teams who was shit before Payton and will probably go back to that just like the Rams did post-Vermiel. Him moving, as well as the two DCs Fangio and Zimmer and who they choose are going to change the power structure in the league.

Good friend of mine is a Saints fan. Feel for him on this one and I told him they were fucking up when they didn't position to have a QB post-Brees. Not like it was hard to see or anything but still. Their cap is shit too iirc but too lazy to look it up lol.

There is a really good chance he will have Fangio or Zimmer on his staff too btw. That will be a prime spot assuming he moves to another team and that this isn't a real retirement move.
Rested, tanned and ready for round two.......

DysuTc2.jpg

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dolphins are a mess. First off it's been discussed that they're looking for coaches who will accept Tua. Honestly at this point I am not sure Tua is gonna be good enough. It's not about finding a QB good enough to start, it's about finding a guy who is talented but also dedicated to his craft and will grow year to year and give you shots at championships. Is that Tua? Meh.

They've got some pain ahead, and it looks like they will be fielding mediocre teams that won't draft very high until the team quits on their shitty hire. Kind of feel sorry for their fans, but as Georgia taught us it all starts at the top.

What they should do is go find the right coach. Go get a guy who you know can run it, someone who can install culture and be the face of your franchise. Then if he says Tua isn't good enough after coaching him, you go get him what he wants.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Payton is such an asshole. Builds a team with no exit strategy from Brees and is 75 mil over the cap next year!!!! :wow2:

Then bails.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Payton is such an asshole. Builds a team with no exit strategy from Brees and is 75 mil over the cap next year!!!! :wow2:

Then bails.
Lol.....that's one way to look at it.

You could also say he coached the saints for 15 years with a 152-89 record, 9 post-season wins including a Superbowl victory, and was named 2006 AP coach of the year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dolphins are a mess. First off it's been discussed that they're looking for coaches who will accept Tua.
I don't understand this kind of mindset. I get "draft capital" and all but I would think you would want a HC that is going to win and not handcuff him to ANY player. It just strikes me as egos getting in the way of winning. Pretty obvious difference between our ownership and phins ownership.

Clearly we had more invested in Goff than Miami has in Tua. All they had to do was be a bad team before that to get him. Maybe they can get another crack at that top 5 pick.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah it's crazy. Everyone knows you need a QB to win in this league. But you need a coach first. So many dumb MFers making calls for teams every year you would think they've watched enough ball to sort of see things clearly. I mean it's not complicated at all.

If the Dolphins owner is smart he'll get on the horn with Payton's people. Give him final roster say of course and he can help hire the GM. Then get to work. That's the type of proven coach that owner needs down there.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't understand this kind of mindset. I get "draft capital" and all but I would think you would want a HC that is going to win and not handcuff him to ANY player. It just strikes me as egos getting in the way of winning. Pretty obvious difference between our ownership and phins ownership.

Clearly we had more invested in Goff than Miami has in Tua. All they had to do was be a bad team before that to get him. Maybe they can get another crack at that top 5 pick.
Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Could easily see Flores being a Carroll or even BB type (not saying he'll be THAT successful) in that he goes to another place and has more input on his roster and succeeds.

This seems like a dumb organization.