OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morris' performance today and last week should separate him from some of the candidates.

I worry about losing him.
McVay has done a great job replacing these lost coaches (I'll give him a pass on Bonamego because of what we know now about his health) so I trust he'll do it again. We could see the rise of Coach Henderson after he got that college interview tbh. If McVay thinks he's ready I'll trust it though a more experienced guy might win out, Evero is a possibility as well.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah both Henderson and Shula have units that have played lights out. Shula has gotten a lot from what he's been given too.

The secondary hasn't done well enough though for me to think Evero is held in real high regard, think they let the good one get away. So two candidates from within for sure IMO.

Not to say that McVay won't bring someone in though, he likes shiny objects I think. :laugh1:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah both Henderson and Shula have units that have played lights out. Shula has gotten a lot from what he's been given too.

The secondary hasn't done well enough though for me to think Evero is held in real high regard, think they let the good one get away. So two candidates from within for sure IMO.

Not to say that McVay won't bring someone in though, he likes shiny objects I think. :laugh1:
I don't blame Evero so much because of what he was given to work with from McVay and Snead. I do love me some Aubrey Pleasant but Scott, Long and to an extent Rapp all have shown progress. I just think they were used in roles less suited for them. I also mainly listed him because he's been with us longer than Henderson has but I think Shula has been here the longest of those three. He may go in house or he may go with another vet who was let go from his last team.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whether we blame Evero or not I just don't think McVay would move him up. Secondary has had comms issues so my expectation is you don't get a look at that job if you're not in really good in all facets. He's got high standards.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
As Jourdan pointed out this week.. and we all know... Sean hasn't promoted a DC from within.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Changing from Wade was to go to a heavy quarters scheme. Which meant going outside.

He did choose Morris over Barry but I don't blame him for that. Barry's DC run was pretty ugly and Morris is a close friend.

So I'm not sure we've seen enough to know he has a preference for going outside for DC. I think to be that guy though you'd better have impressed the shit out of him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As Jourdan pointed out this week.. and we all know... Sean hasn't promoted a DC from within.
I just wonder how many "friends" he has outside the current organization that would be good DC's. I can't think of a fired DC or a DC for a HC fired this off season that I'd want over a new guy. Maybe I'm missing somebody

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he knows how good different coordinators are from having faced most of them. He knows what's up. So I am sure that if Fangio is available or Zimmer either for that matter if/when Morris gets a job he'll chase them.

Also I agree with you that he tends to do a good job hiring. He has an eye for coaching talent.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I just wonder how many "friends" he has outside the current organization that would be good DC's. I can't think of a fired DC or a DC for a HC fired this off season that I'd want over a new guy. Maybe I'm missing somebody
He didn’t know Staley.

I have faith he’ll find someone.. I’d just love to see a little continuity.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Give Vic Fangio whatever he wants.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He didn’t know Staley.

I have faith he’ll find someone.. I’d just love to see a little continuity.
Fair point but did he think the guys he had in house then needed a year or two of experience before promoting them? It's going to be as always an interesting off season. I wouldn't rule out an in house because he hasn't done it in past. It could just be they weren't ready in his mind and may be ready now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wade's D got the Rams in the SB
Staley's D got the Rams the #1 D in 2020
Morris D put a beat down on TB12 TWICE this year and season is currently TBD
I'm not wishing for any change with the coaching staff, however I am certain that if there is (other than HC) the team will be just fine

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fair point but did he think the guys he had in house then needed a year or two of experience before promoting them? It's going to be as always an interesting off season. I wouldn't rule out an in house because he hasn't done it in past. It could just be they weren't ready in his mind and may be ready now.

Such as ?? Henderson or Evero …
Shula is still a little wet behind the ears Imo.

Joe Barry sure looked ready in Hreen Bay,then again so did DB’s coach ex-Ram Gary when Barry had the Covid.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Such as ?? Henderson or Evero …
Shula is still a little wet behind the ears Imo.

Joe Barry sure looked ready in Hreen Bay,then again so did DB’s coach ex-Ram Gary when Barry had the Covid.
Joe Barry has been a DC twice before.