OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I truly never considered him an upper echelon DC I thought Martindale was good, but was not close to previous Raven DC's like Rex Ryan & Marvin Lewis and IMO, I think Harbaugh made the right call.

Martindale will obviously get another opportunity and when he gets the gig fans of that team will be happy and talk him up, but again I like others better beginning with Vic Fangio for example.
Agreed, I think he got by on their reputation and a good roster. Then injuries hit this year and he was exposed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has no QB and it would not shock me at all if Payton quits and then comes back next year when a team hires him with a better QB. It appears Coaches don't want to stay and develop plus the Saints don't have assets to make a big deal, if a team would do it.
There's also a QB trade. Get a few picks for him to help get you a QB. They're also at the moment like $71 million over the cap. They'll get that fixed with the usual voodoo and there are a handful of people players that can be traded to help with it but like with Green Bay it's going to be a fun off season to watch.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There's also a QB trade. Get a few picks for him to help get you a QB. They're also at the moment like $71 million over the cap. They'll get that fixed with the usual voodoo and there are a handful of people players that can be traded to help with it but like with Green Bay it's going to be a fun off season to watch.
Not only does Payton look like a pussy, he is a pussy. He now realizes that his success was not all him. He may lose his good DC and he knows he cannot make up for a bad QB like Winston or Hill. So he is thinking about quitting instead of rebuilding.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Payton does move on, look for Dennis Allen their DC to be elevated to Head Coach and I wonder if Allen will try to keep their current staff in place as Offensive Coordinator Pete Carmichael has been there forever, but has never called a play.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not only does Payton look like a pussy, he is a pussy. He now realizes that his success was not all him. He may lose his good DC and he knows he cannot make up for a bad QB like Winston or Hill. So he is thinking about quitting instead of rebuilding.
Sad part is Saints DC Dennis Allen was the guy that told Bengals Coach Zach Taylor that he would leave New Orleans and go with him, if he got the Head Coaching gig in Cincinnati, well, after Taylor was hired, Allen reneged and signed an extention in New Orleans. Allen is a quality DC, but I didn't like what he did to Taylor.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Payton does move on, look for Dennis Allen their DC to be elevated to Head Coach and I wonder if Allen will try to keep their current staff in place as Offensive Coordinator Pete Carmichael has been there forever, but has never called a play.
If he doesn't get a job before Payton makes a decision it's a possibility.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good Point because I have a feeling that's who the Ravens are targeting.
He's also interviewed for a few head coaching positions. I can't at the moment recall and don't want to browse through this but I'm sure he's done a few.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sad part is Saints DC Dennis Allen was the guy that told Bengals Coach Zach Taylor that he would leave New Orleans and go with him, if he got the Head Coaching gig in Cincinnati, well, after Taylor was hired, Allen reneged and signed an extention in New Orleans. Allen is a quality DC, but I didn't like what he did to Taylor.
Yep, pretty shitty. It does make you wonder if Payton told Allen he’d be leaving soon and the Saints job is his.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is a strong connection with the NY Giants and Payton. He left under bad terms because he was scapegoated, but that only means that theres a fire burning to make up for a bad mistake.
On a side note, its crazy how many openings and opportunities are out there. Seems like once a domino falls, we'll see a flurry of hiring announcements

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There is a strong connection with the NY Giants and Payton. He left under bad terms because he was scapegoated, but that only means that theres a fire burning to make up for a bad mistake.
On a side note, its crazy how many openings and opportunities are out there. Seems like once a domino falls, we'll see a flurry of hiring announcements
That's true he was the Offensive Coordinator under Jim Fassel and then Fassel took over the play calling, which led the Giants to the Super Bowl in 2000, but Payton was still highly regarded.

Overall if Payton (retires) I don't think he would be able to coach this year otherwise the Saints would receive compensation and they might have to receive some the following year too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's true he was the Offensive Coordinator under Jim Fassel and then Fassel took over the play calling, which led the Giants to the Super Bowl in 2000, but Payton was still highly regarded.

Overall if Payton (retires) I don't think he would be able to coach this year otherwise the Saints would receive compensation and they might have to receive some the following year too.
It depends. I think there is so room left in the world for understanding. I imagine if Payton went to Benson and said the Gmen is an opp for him, dream job blah blah, and that they've accomplished so much, that it could be done. I wouldnt want him in NY personally, but I could see a guy like him turning things around a bit. As for compensation, maybe they swap their 15th pick for the Giants 7th. Keep everyone happy.
Just spitballing here, I'm still hoping for Flores

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It depends. I think there is so room left in the world for understanding. I imagine if Payton went to Benson and said the Gmen is an opp for him, dream job blah blah, and that they've accomplished so much, that it could be done. I wouldnt want him in NY personally, but I could see a guy like him turning things around a bit. As for compensation, maybe they swap their 15th pick for the Giants 7th. Keep everyone happy.
I could see that too, however, I agree that Brian Flores would be a good hire, I just have a feeling with all the offensive woes for the Football Giants, they will hire an offensive coach.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He has no QB and it would not shock me at all if Payton quits and then comes back next year when a team hires him with a better QB. It appears Coaches don't want to stay and develop plus the Saints don't have assets to make a big deal, if a team would do it.

I could see this.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

View: https://twitter.com/Ian_OConnor/status/1484570056616984577?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1484570056616984577%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bigblueview.com%2F2022%2F1%2F21%2F22895023%2Fny-giants-coaching-rumors-odds-brian-flores-brian-daboll

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Saw it mentioned in the gameday thread but it wouldn't surprise me if Arians retires. He looked like shit. I suspect his health might be poor.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saw it mentioned in the gameday thread but it wouldn't surprise me if Arians retires. He looked like shit. I suspect his health might be poor.

yep, i didn't see him screaming once. and he's always screaming.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Morris' performance today and last week should separate him from some of the candidates.

I worry about losing him.