OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hey guys. So quick question. Raheem Morris is getting a lot of heat up in the frozen Tundra. Honestly I'm kind of sold on him and so are a lot of other Vikings fans who see a rather flawed crop of potential coaches this year (IE guys who didn't call plays like O'Connell, Hackette, Moore, Bienemy retreads like Quinn or Caldwell, or just names like Pederson, and Kiffin)

What's the internal opinion of you fans who watched his defense all year?

PS. Just to make sure we understand each other; getting any kind of heat in Minneapolis in January is a good thing.
He's grown a ton as a DC for us over the season and is on quite a run right now with a month and a half of great outings. This is why opinions on him are all over.

But as a head coach a different skill set comes into play. Morris is a leader. I think he's gonna be a better head coach than he has been as a DC. And as a DC he might be good enough for the Rams to win it all.

I think it's fucking insane that he's not a top candidate. I'm not the only one seeing his pressers. The guy has what you want to run an organization.

nighttrain

Legend
Thank you Nighttrain you're a scholar and a gentleman. That's exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully he learned his lesson because he would be stepping straight into a single high 4-3/3-4 hybrid defense that gets destroyed playing 2 deep zone.
Lots of complaints about Morris early on, last few games D looking much better, its amazing how AD can make a coach look good sometimes and great others......

train

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lots of complaints about Morris early on, last few games D looking much better, its amazing how AD can make a coach look good sometimes and great others......

train
Yeah, Morris might want to get a HC job before Sunday , just in case. Lol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Joe Schoen and I feel he will hire Brain Daboll as Head Coach and IMO, that's a good combination for the New York football Giants.
Doesnt move the needle for me, has he been successful before Josh Allen? Not that the fan base has a say but another Belechick after Judge will not go over well

Vkingsfan

UDFA

That's what I like to hear. We got some horror stories from the fallout last week. Like it took Zimmer 3 years to start sitting down and having a conversation each week with his QB. Just had no desire to sit down with Kirk before a game and talk... Wouldn't even acknowledge guys if he passed them in the hall. Young guys were totally ignored unless they screwed up then they were just yelled at and immediately benched for long periods of time. That kind of thing.

So we need a good coach of course, but this team is also desperate for a leader who can communicate.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's what I like to hear. We got some horror stories from the fallout last week. Like it took Zimmer 3 years to start sitting down and having a conversation each week with his QB. Just had no desire to sit down with Kirk before a game and talk... Wouldn't even acknowledge guys if he passed them in the hall. Young guys were totally ignored unless they screwed up then they were just yelled at and immediately benched for long periods of time. That kind of thing.

So we need a good coach of course, but this team is also desperate for a leader who can communicate.
Also this for you

View: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1484619864073453580?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow, I wonder what the story is with this one.
I haven't seen much from Ravens fans yet, this is very surprising to me. He's the core of that team though I never heard of him getting any HC interviews tbh.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Lol. Some people here thought Zimmer wasn’t a bad guy. Seems like he’s the same dickhead he is in his press conferences.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I haven't seen much from Ravens fans yet, this is very surprising to me. He's the core of that team though I never heard of him getting any HC interviews tbh.
Maybe he’s planning on going with a newly hired head coach that he is friends with.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's grown a ton as a DC for us over the season and is on quite a run right now with a month and a half of great outings. This is why opinions on him are all over.

But as a head coach a different skill set comes into play. Morris is a leader. I think he's gonna be a better head coach than he has been as a DC. And as a DC he might be good enough for the Rams to win it all.

I think it's fucking insane that he's not a top candidate. I'm not the only one seeing his pressers. The guy has what you want to run an organization.
What's hurting him is his run with Tampa Bay, despite him being a really young guy taking over a team Gruden largely gutted.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Doesnt move the needle for me, has he been successful before Josh Allen? Not that the fan base has a say but another Belechick after Judge will not go over well
Daboll did well at Alabama & IMO transformed Josh Allen who everybody said couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Where's this Morris to Vikings momentum coming from?