OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Polyester coaching pants. Still wear mine to the bar.
~ @Loyal
Only if it's a polyester leisure suit...I don't go half dressed, you knuckle dragger!

IJ7bOgu.jpg

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That look says both business and party. :laugh4:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Haven't seen a staff that went on to having more of an impact on the league since the last year of the Browns under Belichick... that staff was stupid good as well.

But man... that's insane and they retained NONE of them... but that's how it goes with garbage organizations... even when they have something good, they let it go.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

How is it that they couldn't lock in one of these guys as a future hc? They didn't know what they had?

But man... that's insane and they retained NONE of them...

Unbelieveable.

Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen built that staff.

They went 3-13 and replaced Shanahan with Jay Gruden in 2014. They kept McVay as OC. Kyle Shanahan moved on, I think Lafluer did too.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Unbelieveable.

Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen built that staff.

They went 3-13 and replaced Shanahan with Jay Gruden in 2014. They kept McVay as OC. Kyle Shanahan moved on, I think Lafluer did too.
My wife & I were conversing about that the other day, how did Washington lose? This reminds me of the coaching staff Bill Belichick had in Cleveland.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My wife & I were conversing about that the other day, how did Washington lose? This reminds me of the coaching staff Bill Belichick had in Cleveland.

i think shanahan had to start rg3 the whole season.

there was a photo and video that came out that year which showed 5 receivers open on a play. rg3 held onto the ball and tried to scramble then throw. got sacked or threw an errant pass. he had 5 choices to throw to and couldn't pull the trigger. every receiver was open.

this is why snyder is the worst owner in the league. got in the way then sacked the coach because his boy is a shit qb and you can't win with him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i just wanted to add. sacked the coach and, in effect, two promising coaches with him. then let the best go a couple of years later.

he could've had the most elite coaching staff in the nfl yet couldn't see past his bust of a shiny toy.

isn't there anybody in that shit organisation that can tell this guy he's a dumb fuck?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How is it that they couldn't lock in one of these guys as a future hc? They didn't know what they had?

How do you suppose they do that? Offer the job to Kyle when they had just fired his dad?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I see this as a done deal and I also see Vic Fangio being named DC of the Raiders under Harbaugh. IMO, he wants back in the NFL and this is the job he covets plus Mark Davis will give him the power IMHO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I see this as a done deal and I also see Vic Fangio being named DC of the Raiders under Harbaugh. IMO, he wants back in the NFL and this is the job he covets plus Mark Davis will give him the power IMHO.
There is an article at the Athletic on Harbaugh and the Raiders. Some ppl have said that talk is all out of Harbaugh’s camp. Nothing from Davis on it.

Also last year Michigan cut Jim’s salary in half. So maybe he’s using the NFL to leverage money out of Michigan.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Also last year Michigan cut Jim’s salary in half. So maybe he’s using the NFL to leverage money out of Michigan.
True, but I truly believe Harbaugh wants back in the NFL and needs to strike now when the Iron is hot because IMO, the Wolverines won't be as good in 2022. Anyway, Davis wants to make a splash & Harbaugh if he wants back in the NFL, Las Vegas is the perfect fit.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
True, but I truly believe Harbaugh wants back in the NFL and needs to strike now when the Iron is hot because IMO, the Wolverines won't be as good in 2022. Anyway, Davis wants to make a splash & Harbaugh if he wants back in the NFL, Las Vegas is the perfect fit.
Has anyone reported Harbaugh being interviewed. Earlier he said he feels good about the Bears job. Now all of the talk is about the Raiders. All I’ve heard is that negotiations between Michigan and Harbaugh are going well, to the ring of ten million a year.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Has anyone reported Harbaugh being interviewed. Earlier he said he feels good about the Bears job. Now all of the talk is about the Raiders. All I’ve heard is that negotiations between Michigan and Harbaugh are going well, to the ring of ten million a year.
No interview yet, but that would move fast. The question looms, does he want the job? If he does, I believe Davis will hire him with the caveat that Rich Bisaccia will be Assistant HC/Special Teams.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Haven't seen a staff that went on to having more of an impact on the league since the last year of the Browns under Belichick ...

... that's insane and they retained NONE of them ...
It was even before my time but in the late-1950s through 1960, the New York Giants were one of the best teams in the NFL, with three appearances in five seasons in the Championship Game.

Their HC was Jim Lee Howell but they had a tremendous coaching staff. Back then, staffs were much smaller ... maybe just 4-6 guys but NY had Tom Landry running the Defense and Vince Lombardi running the Offense.

The Giants' Ownership and Management needed to decide who would be its next Head Coach. Difficult to choose between Landry and Lombardi, so the Giants astutely went with Allie Sherman.

Landry became one of the winningest coaches in NFL history; and Lombardi won five NFL Championships in ten seasons, never having a losing season. The Giants sucked for 20 years.

My father was a life-time Giants' fan. Couple times a season (for many years), when the Giants were really bad, he would mumble three words ... 'Fucking Allie Sherman'.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My father was a life-time Giants' fan. Couple times a season (for many years), when the Giants were really bad, he would mumble three words ... 'Fucking Allie Sherman'.
FWIW, my father was the same way when it came to Sherman, he would say: "They had Lombardi & Landry and they went with Sherman."

Now timing is everything and Lombardi left in 1959, Landry in 1960, Howell didn't retire until after the 1960 season so Allie Sherman was still there. Sherman's overall record was 63-59-4 and that was with some really tough seasons in 1964 & 1966. Lost three straight Championship Games from 61-63, twice to the Packers and once to the Chicago Bears.

Wellington Mara, tried to bring Lombardi back to New York, but that never materialized and Lombardi stayed in Green Bay.

I actually had the pleasure of Meeting Allie Sherman in Saratoga, conversed with him for several minutes as we spoke about him on NFL Films "Watch the Pass, Watch the Pass." And the current state of the New York Giants at that time as the Giants training in Albany, NY back then. Sherman was a Gentleman & a heck of a nice guy, but it's obvious that things might had been different if Jim Lee Howell had retired a couple of years earlier. Mara was close with Lombardi and I believe they (Giants) would have hired Lombardi over Landry.