OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wonder if an NFL assistant like Pep would look down on taking a job as OC under a fresh from college coach like Ruhl?
I really thought Rhule was a great hire and his contract showcases that as Carolina Panther Owner David Tepper stepped up and paid Rhule well because he knew Rhule really wanted the Giant job so to keep him in Carolina, Tepper (richest owner in the NFL including Kroenke & his wife) gave Rhule a 7 year contract that the Giants would not match and thus leading to the hiring of Joe Judge.

I still believe Rhule is an excellent football coach, but they don't have a Quarterback in Carolina and this season was a disaster at that position. Now it might be hard to hire a coordinator, when the circles feel you're a lame duck, but I recall Steve Spagnuolo taking the New York Giant DC job under similar circumstances as many felt Tom Coughlin was in his last year and the Giants won the Super Bowl that year so you truly never know.

Psycho_X

Legend
I don't know about Kellen Moore, there's just something about him that doesn't seem like HC material. Great offensive coach sure but leader of men I'm not sure. Might just be my limited exposure to him so maybe Cowboys fans would know better. Doesn't help he reminds me of an ex-boss who was a total putz so maybe that's it. But something about him just says great offensive coordinator, horrible head coach.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't know about Kellen Moore, there's just something about him that doesn't seem like HC material. Great offensive coach sure but leader of men I'm not sure. Might just be my limited exposure to him so maybe Cowboys fans would know better. Doesn't help he reminds me of an ex-boss who was a total putz so maybe that's it. But something about him just says great offensive coordinator, horrible head coach.
I agree. I don’t see him as a head coach. But I didn’t think Zac Taylor looked like a head coach either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. I don’t see him as a head coach. But I didn’t think Zac Taylor looked like a head coach either.
Well, in all fairness, he didnt look like much of a coach until he got Joe Burrow. Amazing how that happens eh?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
CBS-Sporstline has a Head Coaching Tracker by-team that seems to be well up-dated.

I counted 28 different candidates that have either been interviewed or 'requested to be interviewed'.

Quite-a-few are listed under multiple teams. I am guessing that Brian Flores, Dan Quinn and Brian Daboll are in the best shape to get offers, followed by Byron Leftwich, Todd Bowles, Matt Eberflus and Nathaniel Hackett having a good-chance.

There usually seems to be a surprise or two.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I just don't get the fascination with Quinn.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Me neither. What did he do before? He had great defensive personnel in Seattle and a defensive minded head coach. It’s not that hard to succeed in that situation.

Then he was average to below with Atlanta, despite already having the QB and offense.

Now he is at another team with very good defensive players and they do well. I’d be more convinced if I saw him walk into a team and turn around a below average team or even just a poor defense.

Quinn is overhyped.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just don't get the fascination with Quinn.
When the Little Rat left for SF he tanked. Without a good OC his teams were bad worse than some like Morris and Frazier were even.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I love Kellen Moore as a play caller and I believe it would translate well into Head Coaching material. Former QB's are used to leading and I like his upside. As to Zac Taylor, I did not think he would be successful either, but enter Joe Burrow and boom, you're a genius.

@dieterbrock brought up David Shaw and his X's & O's, but sometimes it's not about the X's & O's, it's about the Bobby's & the Joe's.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I love Kellen Moore as a play caller and I believe it would translate well into Head Coaching material. Former QB's are used to leading and I like his upside. As to Zac Taylor, I did not think he would be successful either, but enter Joe Burrow and boom, you're a genius.

@dieterbrock brought up David Shaw and his X's & O's, but sometimes it's not about the X's & O's, it's about the Bobby's & the Joe's.
Shaw is another guy that doesn’t move the needle for me. He gets mentioned every year yet never gets a job. Is it a personality thing?