OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I certainly hope so and think that's the way. But the part of two being hired they separate the picks to 1 a year then give out only 3 not 4. They clearly don't want you to get multiple picks for this rule in one year. So do we get 2 after our 2 Holmes picks or is it only 1 because we're in the process of getting 2? Like I said we'll see when/if it happens and we get clarity. But by what you and I have posted there that bolded tells us they won't give you two picks in a year. Again we'll see what is awarded if a team gets more of these picks after this off season. It's a one year old rule there will be clarification coming since we obviously haven't seen this situation yet.
That's two hires in the same offseason.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's two hires in the same offseason.
Again we'll see how it is awarded when/if it happens. I agree you would think that's what happens but we just don't know because it's a one year old rule. And it's not like the NFL is great at implementing these kind of things in a way that makes sense. The fact that they didn't say anything about multiple years back to back type stuff makes me agree with you as I've said a lot already. We also know the NFL can really screw these things up so I'm just waiting to see what happens and how the NFL awards picks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like a short list. I guess they have a specific type in mind.

After we seeing Belichicks heralded defense get spanked yesterday I’d start thinking about throwing some more offensive minds in that mix.

And is the Chargers offense that impressive? Why Lombardi. He wasn’t even Staley’s first choice.
Granted they were late to the game and yeah not sure about Lombardi or Ward for that matter. But the rumors I'm seeing from Houston area is Flores is the guy everybody else is a distant second. But there's also a lot of smoke with him in Denver and convincing Watson to take a trade there as well. Who knows either way you'd have to think that list gets expanded.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And is the Chargers offense that impressive? Why Lombardi. He wasn’t even Staley’s first choice.
IMO, Ward was interviewed because of the Rooney rule as to Lombardi, well, Joe has the right surname and is the grandson of Vincent Thomas Lombardi, so there is that and I really believe Flores would be the perfect hire here, but have a feeling it could be somebody else because I cannot figure out what this organization is doing. There owner Cal McNair just seems like a joke in every sense of the word.
1642348884744.png

Attachments

• 1642348864289.png
    1642348864289.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 55

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Granted they were late to the game and yeah not sure about Lombardi or Ward for that matter. But the rumors I'm seeing from Houston area is Flores is the guy everybody else is a distant second. But there's also a lot of smoke with him in Denver and convincing Watson to take a trade there as well. Who knows either way you'd have to think that list gets expanded.
Wow, everybody seems in the mix in Denver, I don't get it. I guess the Watson to Denver with Flores would be worth it, although Flores has not been able to hire an OC in all the years in Miami. Would Flores go Matt Nagy for his OC?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow, everybody seems in the mix in Denver, I don't get it. I guess the Watson to Denver with Flores would be worth it, although Flores has not been able to hire an OC in all the years in Miami. Would Flores go Matt Nagy for his OC?
I don't know if there's a connection or not but I'll throw out a name of a guy who could and even should get some look as an OC. Ronald Curry he's the QB coach for asshole face in New Orleans. Ken Dorsey in Buffalo, Shane Day of the Chargers, Brian Johnson in Philly and never count out a McVay guy in Zac Robinson are also names to consider. QB coaches will be seeing a lot of promotions in the next year or two imo.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hopefully Flores will pass on Houston if that is his only option. I don't think a young HC can overcome that idiot running the team.

A good DC role and wait for a better HC opportunity would be smarter.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pete Carroll has to return as no HC candidate wants to go into the NFC West without a QB... and no picks thanks to Jamal Adams