OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So do you think Jerruh's gonna drop the axe here? I'm thinking that Rynie deserves another season of McCarthy. You know, just to be sure.

Those pre snap penalties were killers and could have changed the outcome of the game. Those types of penalties should be taken care of by playoff time if not sooner. So they've got to be on McCarthy. Then you look who had three of them, Randy Gregory, a known dufus. Does that excuse someone? I don't think so, but if he retains McCarthy then he'll be pressured to change some coaches, starting with the Dline.

They need to draft another guard too. Collins has had those problems all year. I was so hoping the Cowboys would meet the Rams in the playoffs. AD would be licking his chops facing Collins.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those pre snap penalties were killers and could have changed the outcome of the game. Those types of penalties should be taken care of by playoff time if not sooner. So they've got to be on McCarthy. Then you look who had three of them, Randy Gregory, a known dufus. Does that excuse someone? I don't think so, but if he retains McCarthy then he'll be pressured to change some coaches, starting with the Dline.

They need to draft another guard too. Collins has had those problems all year. I was so hoping the Cowboys would meet the Rams in the playoffs. AD would be licking his chops facing Collins.
Yeah and you can't think he'll go with Moore after that performance today, or that anybody would want him tbh.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a fan of Frazier as a Head Coach. In Buffalo the Defense is one of the elite, however, how much of that is Frazier and how much is that their Head Coach Sean McDermott? Frazier also has a 21-31-1 career Head Coaching record when he was with the Vikings, so again a tough sell to a fan base.
The reason for their defense is probably a bit of both, I'd give Frazier just as much of a shot as Dan Quinn if not more tbh. Aside from his first 2 years in Seattle he's had a top 10 defense once as a HC or DC.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The reason for their defense is probably a bit of both, I'd give Frazier just as much of a shot as Dan Quinn if not more tbh. Aside from his first 2 years in Seattle he's had a top 10 defense once as a HC or DC.
Not a fan of Quinn either, quite frankly, it would take a special defensive coach for me to hire him. The NFL is more offensive league then ever and unless I have a up & comer like Sean McDermott for example, I would probably hire an offensive type Head Coach, who will call the plays or have a hand it for the most part.

Right now in the NFL there are very few seasoned successful OC's that won't get an opportunity. Greg Roman is one I can think of, but it's easier to hire a veteran DC IMO. Now I would take a chance with Flores, but I would ask him why he has not been able to find a OC to his liking.

You put an impressive list together for OC's across the league, but IMO, I would target someone like Matt Nagy just because it would be a while before he would get another gig.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a fan of Quinn either, quite frankly, it would take a special defensive coach for me to hire him. The NFL is more offensive league then ever and unless I have a up & comer like Sean McDermott for example, I would probably hire an offensive type Head Coach, who will call the plays or have a hand it for the most part.

Right now in the NFL there are very few seasoned successful OC's that won't get an opportunity. Greg Roman is one I can think of, but it's easier to hire a veteran DC IMO. Now I would take a chance with Flores, but I would ask him why he has not been able to find a OC to his liking.

You put an impressive list together for OC's across the league, but IMO, I would target someone like Matt Nagy just because it would be a while before he would get another gig.
I think some owners, and yes all speculation on my part, are getting tired of retread candidates who failed miserably their first try so not sure Nagy gets a shot.

One other thing in favor of Frazier to add on to the earlier post look at his QB's in Minny. Ponder, an old McNabb and Cassell? Hard to hold that against him.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One other thing in favor of Frazier to add on to the earlier post look at his QB's in Minny. Ponder, an old McNabb and Cassell? Hard to hold that against him.
That's an excellent point and fair, however, again the first question that would be asked of Frazier is, who is your target for OC? Bill Musgrave was his OC in Minnesota and maybe there is someone on the Buffalo staff he likes or maybe, but I he could include Pep Hamilton as his OC, that might be intriguing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's an excellent point and fair, however, again the first question that would be asked of Frazier is, who is your target for OC? Bill Musgrave was his OC in Minnesota and maybe there is someone on the Buffalo staff he likes or maybe, but I he could include Pep Hamilton as his OC, that might be intriguing.
Ken Dorsey is their QB coach pass game coordinator. A possibility there. Just stay away from their TE coach Rob Boras :D Their RB coach has been with them for 5 years and seems to do pretty good work and has been around for a while Kelly Skipper. He'll know DC candidates for sure. Could be interesting.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder what Mike Zimmer's future looks like.
Beaches and bikinis with his girlfriend? Honestly some young offensive minded coach could do a lot worse than to hire Zimmer.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Beaches and bikinis with his girlfriend? Honestly some young offensive minded coach could do a lot worse than to hire Zimmer.
I agree, pair him with a Kellen Moore for example or Brian Daboll.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

A female GM? That could be an interesting experiment. There is a bit of a difference in responsibility for her to jump into a GM role from VP of football operations. No background in scouting or player personnel? :thinking:
Not a fan of Frazier as a Head Coach. In Buffalo the Defense is one of the elite, however, how much of that is Frazier and how much is that their Head Coach Sean McDermott? Frazier also has a 21-31-1 career Head Coaching record when he was with the Vikings, so again a tough sell to a fan base.
Some guys don’t seem like head coaches. Spagnoulo and Linehan come to mind. Frazier doesn’t do it for me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A female GM? That could be an interesting experiment. There is a bit of a difference in responsibility for her to jump into a GM role from VP of football operations. No background in scouting or player personnel? :thinking:

Some guys don’t seem like head coaches. Spagnoulo and Linehan come to mind. Frazier doesn’t do it for me.
Our director of football operations is a lady as well pretty sure the first woman in that position Sophie Harlan.

View: https://www.nbcsports.com/video/football-female-sophie-harlan-blazing-trail-los-angeles-rams

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Our director of football operations is a lady as well pretty sure the first woman in that position Sophie Harlan.

View: https://www.nbcsports.com/video/football-female-sophie-harlan-blazing-trail-los-angeles-rams
Yes. But does she have the right experience to run a draft and make the picks? Being a director of football operations does not mean she has experience as a scout or in matters of player evaluation. It has nothing to do with being a woman. I liken it to having Demoff make the draft picks.

I actually think a business oriented woman is likely a good candidate to handle football operations.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Never was a Linehan fan even as a coordinator, I realize he had some decent results, but I felt he was a putz from day one and even though record wise doesn't showcase it, IMO, he was the worst Head Coach in my lifetime.

Spags did his way and it was the wrong way, hiring two first time Coordinators too usually is a recipe for disaster for a first time Head Coach. Always felt Spags was a good to excellent DC and I still feel that way.