OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Texans are a lot of things (stupid, tone-deaf, etc), but racist is not one of them. Super conservative tho.
Yeah, sounds like Watson wants to distract from his own issues with any claims of racism.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need the picks... Hope he gets the job
Bad part is while we're in the Holmes 2 picks we'd only get one from Brown and I think it would be next year. Hard to remember exactly I'll check it out later.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Bad part is while we're in the Holmes 2 picks we'd only get one from Brown and I think it would be next year. Hard to remember exactly I'll check it out later.
Not sure how that works. You get two per coach, but only 3 total if you lose two coaches/gm's in the same yr.

Since it would only be one coach lost this yr, I would expect we get two total picks for him. One this yr one next yr.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I looked it up, it wasn't clear if it matters if you lose two in two yrs or if your limited only if you lose two in the same yr.

I did learn something else though... we would get nothing if they lose Morris this yr. The coach lost, has to be employed for a min of 2 yrs by his previous employer. This is obviously his first yr with us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure how that works. You get two per coach, but only 3 total if you lose two coaches/gm's in the same yr.

Since it would only be one coach lost this yr, I would expect we get two total picks for him. One this yr one next yr.
Yeah but I think since we're still collecting Holmes' picks they treat it like 2 in a year. We'll see if we or another team has a minority hired by another team how they handle it because the wording says you can only get 3 in a 3 year period.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I looked it up, it wasn't clear if it matters if you lose two in two yrs or if your limited only if you lose two in the same yr.

I did learn something else though... we would get nothing if they lose Morris this yr. The coach lost, has to be employed for a min of 2 yrs by his previous employer. This is obviously his first yr with us.
Yes we won't get anything for Morris unfortunately.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah it's about the ability to lead a whole team and create a coaching staff not about what side of the ball they were a coordinator on. The only argument I could see is a team with a young QB might prefer an offensive minded guy to mold the QB instead of relying on OC's who could get poached yearly as a HC.
That’s most of the coach needy teams. They either have a young QB or hope yo acquire one soon

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah but I think since we're still collecting Holmes' picks they treat it like 2 in a year. We'll see if we or another team has a minority hired by another team how they handle it because the wording says you can only get 3 in a 3 year period.
I thought it was no more than 3 in a two yr period

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I agree, but Chicago could go that way maybe. They just fired an Offensive Coach so someone like Flores could work with the right GM. Jacksonville too just came off two offensive minded HC's in Marrone & Meyer, however, with Lawrence I believe they will still hire an offensive coach.

Would be shocked if Quinn got hired, but would be okay with it considering it would weaken the Cowboys IMO.
Some say the best combo is a defensive minded head coach and a great OC. Of course if finding that combo was easy, everybody would be 8-8....or 8-9 and 9-8. I think Dieter has the right idea. If Flores likes Watson, Denver has a stellar D and tons of cap space. He could take that job, sign Watson and be in the playoffs next year. The question is, does Denver like Flores?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The question is, does Denver like Flores?
IDK Denver just fired two seasoned defensive coaches as their head man in Vance Joseph & Vic Fangio. I really believe this is Kellen Moore's job because they need offense. Now if it's a guarantee that Watson will come with Flores and Flores has an Offensive Coordinator he likes that could be different, but Flores fired 3 OC's in Miami.

IMO, I prefer offensive Head Coaches, you need a play caller and if you find a good one, then you won't have him for long, however, as we found out with Brandon Staley, that's true about defensive coaches too.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Someone has to look at and hire Raheem Morris. Right? Please?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK Denver just fired two seasoned defensive coaches as their head man in Vance Joseph & Vic Fangio. I really believe this is Kellen Moore's job because they need offense. Now if it's a guarantee that Watson will come with Flores and Flores has an Offensive Coordinator he likes that could be different, but Flores fired 3 OC's in Miami.

IMO, I prefer offensive Head Coaches, you need a play caller and if you find a good one, then you won't have him for long, however, as we found out with Brandon Staley, that's true about defensive coaches too.
Moore makes extras sense being a Boise guy. I've heard his named mentioned a lot from Bronco fans.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I really want KoC to get a head coach gig so Brown can be the OC. It tells you something that the RB coach is our assistant coach.

No, I'd rather keep Brown. Plus Miami would be a crappy organization for him to go to.

Yes. I’d like to hold on to Brown and groom him here, for something bigger.

The Dolphins seem set on Tua…which is why Flores is gone, right? He wasn’t a believer. I’d avoid that.

More on Dolphins interest in Brown;

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Brown is replaceable. Give me those picks.

Amazon Prime Video GIF by The Man in the High Castle

:D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brown is replaceable. Give me those picks.
That one pick, since we're getting picks from Holmes already we'd get one from Brown it looks like.