OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if the texans hire flores will deshaun watson have a change of heart and decide to play again for the team?

I suggested the same thing, however he needs to get out of Dodge, even if they settle all his legal issues. Needs a clean start elsewhere. Like maybe Denver, with Flores...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, to be honest, I think Bill O'Brien is good head coach, and as long as he's kept far away from personnel decisions, I think he'd be a good hire for several teams
IDK, what I do know is many Alabama fans would love for Bill O'Brien to get any Head Coaching gig, like the way many of us feel about Raheem Morris.

Psycho_X

Legend

if the texans hire flores will deshaun watson have a change of heart and decide to play again for the team?

I don't think Watson wants to play for owners/management who have had a lot of negative press and rumors about their racism and if there's fire under that smoke I'm sure he's seen it first hand. Honestly, not sure why Flores would take that job either. He's going to have a few options I'd think and if I was him I'd take a prominent DC job over HC there if that ends up being his only choice.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK, what I do know is many Alabama fans would love for Bill O'Brien to get any Head Coaching gig, like the way many of us feel about Raheem Morris.
Thats interesting. Spoiled I guess. Not sure what there is to be upset about there. Offense was pretty amazing despite all the talent that was lost to the NFL

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's going to have a few options I'd think and if I was him I'd take a prominent DC job over HC there if that ends up being his only choice.
There's no way he's taking a DC job, he's basically the #1 candidate out there. I think what happened there upset the apple cart, I cant imagine any of the teams looking for a HC, or that knew they'd be looking, even had a thought about someone of his stature

Psycho_X

Legend
There's no way he's taking a DC job, he's basically the #1 candidate out there. I think what happened there upset the apple cart, I cant imagine any of the teams looking for a HC, or that knew they'd be looking, even had a thought about someone of his stature
Well yeah, just said "if that was his only choice" being the Texans... it won't be but was just said to emphasize my point that Texans is a terrible organization from the top.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well yeah, just said "if that was his only choice" being the Texans... it won't be but was just said to emphasize my point that Texans is a terrible organization from the top.
I agree, but that could all change in a minute, they hire a good GM, get a great HC, fortunes can flip very fast. But yeah, the Texans job has to be pretty low on the desirability scale.
Its such a no brainer for the NY Giants to get Flores, but in line with the "terrible organization from the top", the NYG arent that far behind Houston. I can see this play out where the dumbasses in NY, (albeit NJ) miss out on Flores because they chase after Harbaugh, watch all the other teams fill their coaching staff, and then get stiffed by Jerkoff Jim who ultimately gets a big raise from Michigan and leaves them standing with their d!cks in their hands.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't think Watson wants to play for owners/management who have had a lot of negative press and rumors about their racism and if there's fire under that smoke I'm sure he's seen it first hand. Honestly, not sure why Flores would take that job either. He's going to have a few options I'd think and if I was him I'd take a prominent DC job over HC there if that ends up being his only choice.

Texans are a lot of things (stupid, tone-deaf, etc), but racist is not one of them. Super conservative tho.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thats interesting. Spoiled I guess. Not sure what there is to be upset about there. Offense was pretty amazing despite all the talent that was lost to the NFL
It is Alabama and in the Championship game they lost both upper tier WR's, but O'Brien is just the type of guy people seem to dislike, maybe because he said the word "fuckers" on National Television.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I'm Flores, I'd take basically any job over the Texans. The Giants might be my #1 pick in his shoes. They have a talented defense that can run his scheme and a ton of draft capital. Could use that draft capital to trade for a QB.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If I'm Flores, I'd take basically any job over the Texans. The Giants might be my #1 pick in his shoes. They have a talented defense that can run his scheme and a ton of draft capital. Could use that draft capital to trade for a QB.
So the issue with Flores was not his win/loss record, it was his in ability to be on the same page as everyone else, especially Tua for example. Now I like Flores, but he made multiple staff changes especially at offensive coordinator.

IMO, I see the Giants going to Western NY for their next hires in Joe Schoen as their next GM & Brian Daboll as their next Head Football Coach.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Projecting it will take time tells me these guys do not have their act together.

You don’t let your guy leave your facility if you find him. Jags aren‘t even thinking that way.
Yeah, the Jags are a mess.
It is Alabama and in the Championship game they lost both upper tier WR's, but O'Brien is just the type of guy people seem to dislike, maybe because he said the word "fuckers" on National Television.
O'Brien is not a likable guy. After a few years of him at Penn State I’ve seen it first hand. On top of that he’s all about himself. He didn’t want the Penn State job to begin with and only took it when he didn’t get an NFL HC job. Belichick was sick of him too. As soon as a McDaniels was available he handed him oBriens job, before the season ended. While at PSU he ignored several position needs in recruiting and just focused on the here and now so he could look good and move on. Franklin had no depth on either line when he got there. The defense was low on depth too. . B’ob mostly won with Paterno’s existing defensive players and the offensive players that Bill recruited.On his way out of PSU he gave a scathing interview on the phone in his car. It was revealing.

Fast forward to Houston and he made some head scratching moves on his way out seemingly to screw that franchise over. He’s a dick imo. I see where Bama fans picked up on it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With Flores and guys like Quinn ( I can’t believe Quinn’s getting looked at) one thing working against them is that there is a big trend toward offensive minded head coaches. The recent success that many of them have had justifies it. Plus they are good with QBs.

Who is going to want to hire a defensive minded head coach right now?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I agree, but Chicago could go that way maybe. They just fired an Offensive Coach so someone like Flores could work with the right GM. Jacksonville too just came off two offensive minded HC's in Marrone & Meyer, however, with Lawrence I believe they will still hire an offensive coach.

Would be shocked if Quinn got hired, but would be okay with it considering it would weaken the Cowboys IMO.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

2362320.jpg

Like really? Of all the position coaches available they still trying to take people away from us…

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2362320.jpg

Like really? Of all the position coaches available they still trying to take people away from us…
I really want KoC to get a head coach gig so Brown can be the OC. It tells you something that the RB coach is our assistant coach.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have the offensive guys been any better? Culley, Nagy and Meyer were offensive coaches, and last year Marrone, O'Brien, Gase, Lynn and Pederson were all offense guys.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have the offensive guys been any better? Culley, Nagy and Meyer were offensive coaches, and last year Marrone, O'Brien, Gase, Lynn and Pederson were all offense guys.
Yeah it's about the ability to lead a whole team and create a coaching staff not about what side of the ball they were a coordinator on. The only argument I could see is a team with a young QB might prefer an offensive minded guy to mold the QB instead of relying on OC's who could get poached yearly as a HC.