OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's an opening unless they've made the interim coach official.
They will interview Bisaccia and quite frankly if they beat the Bengals (which is possible) I believe that will cement him getting the full time gig.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They will interview Bisaccia and quite frankly if they beat the Bengals (which is possible) I believe that will cement him getting the full time gig.
All well and good. But do they have a full time coach in place right now? No so it's a job opening.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It's an opening unless they've made the interim coach official.
I get it, and I do not disagree.

Could argue the other six teams do not have a head coach but Las Vegas does. However, technically it can be considered an opening because of the 'interim' label. Little bit of semantics.

When Rich Bisaccia was named the interim-HC, I thought it was 90-10% that the Raiders would hire a new HC in the off-season. However, at this point, I would put it at 60-40% they stick with Bisaccia; and those odds will increase if they win this weekend. So I am not expecting a 7th opening at this point.

I would be less surprised if a 7th opening came from another team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it, and I do not disagree.

Could argue the other six teams do not have a head coach but Las Vegas does. However, technically it can be considered an opening because of the 'interim' label. Little bit of semantics.

When Rich Bisaccia was named the interim-HC, I thought it was 90-10% that the Raiders would hire a new HC in the off-season. However, at this point, I would put it at 60-40% they stick with Bisaccia; and those odds will increase if they win this weekend. So I am not expecting a 7th opening at this point.

I would be less surprised if a 7th opening came from another team.
Im done debating semantics. They don’t have a coach it’s not rocket science no matter what we think of the interim coach. They’re obligated to abide by the Rooney rule fire hiring a new coach just like the other six. It’s not hard to figure out why they’re on the job opening list. He could get it in the end and all the power to them. But right now their head coach position is open.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'm done debating semantics. They don’t have a coach it’s not rocket science no matter what we think of the interim coach. They’re obligated to abide by the Rooney rule fire hiring a new coach just like the other six. It’s not hard to figure out why they’re on the job opening list. He could get it in the end and all the power to them. But right now their head coach position is open.
Looking at these back-and-forth posts, I think I know what Patches O'Houlihan might say:

"It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there."

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All well and good. But do they have a full time coach in place right now? No so it's a job opening.
I agree with you, I'm just stating the obvious. And I'm not sure that Bisaccia is the best option, but it's tough to make a change with a Interim Head Coach that had a winning record because that happens so rarely.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with you, I'm just stating the obvious. And I'm not sure that Bisaccia is the best option, but it's tough to make a change with a Interim Head Coach that had a winning record because that happens so rarely.
It’s easy if Harbaugh or one of the young offensive minds are your guy. He’s done an admirable job though.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So the Bears hire Wolf as GM and he hires Brian Flores of Head Coach of the Chicago Bears. I can see that.
I don't know anything about Elliot Wolf. But I do think given the Bears' front office that they badly need someone who is in charge of football who actually knows something.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't know anything about Elliot Wolf. But I do think given the Bears' front office that they badly need someone who is in charge of football who actually knows something.
The assumption that a person from the Patriots tree is an answer has not always been on target.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah Belicheat casts a long shadow. To the point where it's hard to know who around him is succeeding because they're around him.

If one of us were the owner of the Bears we could probably interview a lineup of senior scouts and find someone up and coming who has their head on straight and most importantly a feel for what it takes to win. Just because we're all big time fans of the game and all that. But for some of these owners I don't think they would know the difference between a capable football mind and a charlatan or yes-man. Bears are one of those teams. I'm sure the owner is a nice lady and all but they badly need a good GM.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s a tree that bears little fruit.
LaFleur and Taylor have a better record and more playoff appear than that whole list. Add in Kilfford who’s his buddy but never was on his staff here and it’s a wipe out.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
LaFleur and Taylor have a better record and more playoff appear than that whole list. Add in Kilfford who’s his buddy but never was on his staff here and it’s a wipe out.
Wish we had LaFleur and Taylor back on our staff right now. Both guys are just lighting it up. No wonder Kevin O'Connell has been invited to interview for head coaching jobs.