OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah Fangio probably has a list of offers from HC hopefuls who will be interviewing now.

If you are a playoff team like us zero chance of hiring him unless you fire your current DC.
Seen a few people like Glazer say Harbaugh has been calling coaches as potential OC/DC etc for a week now.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
Why would Harbaugh leave the cushy gig he has at Michigan?

Particularly to coach for the Raiders…

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure for 3 years the 4th year he was so bad they benched him for Osweiller was it? Point was he was never a long term solution at that age. So you're right they had a blip in the time after Elway where they were good at QB and a lot of speed bumps aside from him.
I hear you, however he did give them stability, and cant say we would have expected the dramatic fall off a cliff performance in his last year. That said, he did have a longer career in Denver than Kurt Warner had with the Rams from a stability POV. (Played more games too)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man I so do not miss Black Sunday/Monday circa 2011. It's so depressing to see.
That anticipation of us firing a terrible coach and the wonder of which of the other horrible options our inept front office would hand the keys. So nice not to participate in this aside from the dread of losing a good young position coach.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Because he never planned on staying at Michigan, that was merely a bus stop on his way to his next NFL gig. Problem is, he's not that great of a coach, was mediocre at Michigan and needs to get out now before he gets his doors blown off by Ohio State again and winds up with a pink slip. He's nothing more than a Jeff Fisher, with a bigger ego

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Just depends on what his priorities are.

NFL is the highest level of the sport.
Once Pete had climbed the mountain in college football, he was looking to get back into the NFL. But, because of previous experience, he would only go for the right contract and the right amount of control

I imagine it would take the same kind of thing for Harbaugh to go. Not sure what that would mean for Mayock.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He wouldn’t have to call plays here. Wonder if he would be a fit if O’Connell was to leave?
Personally don't want him on this coaching staff. If KoC leaves please promote Thomas Brown. His work with the RB room more than deserves a promotion.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Personally don't want him on this coaching staff. If KoC leaves please promote Thomas Brown. His work with the RB room more than deserves a promotion.

Yes Brown has done a great job he would certainly be worthy of a promotion.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Seen a few people like Glazer say Harbaugh has been calling coaches as potential OC/DC etc for a week now.
I don't doubt it. If you trust someone you can probably call them even months back to ensure you have the key positions filled.

This is why I think it's shitty to allow for interviewing before the Super Bowl is done. Playoff teams lose their guys late and all the talent tends to be snapped up. Only reason McVay has survived that environment is because guys know he's a springboard for HC gigs. Everyone wants to work for him.

Team like us, IF we lose Morris there is no chance we'll have a shot at either of the 2 skilled DCs that are hitting the market. Those guys are immediately inundated with options and both of them are gonna change power structure in the league. Where they land is gonna make impact.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I still think Lock can be successful. Fangio didn't support him from the beginning. He never was given a real chance to succeed.
Homer :laugh2:
Yes, but IMO, if Jim Harbaugh is hired by the Raiders, Fangio will be his DC and that will happen quicker, then Morris getting a HC gig and thus being replaced by Fangio. I believe Morris will be he Rams DC for another year at the minimum and let's be fair, it's not been that bad even though all of us know how good Fangio is.
I agree and was just going to comment similarly. Any new coach that needs a DC will be trying to get ahead of the pack by landing a guy like Fangio, or even Zimmer if the axe falls.

I don’t know what types of conversations happen amongst coaches or if it’s considered tampering, but would it be possible for McVay or a representative of the Rams to reach out to a guy like Fangio and say, “there are rumors that Morris is high on some lists, maybe you’d want to consider slowing your decision, because you’d be passing up a chance to coach a defense with Miller, AD, and Ramsey.” ??

Another thought I brought up is would McVay be open yo hiring an older head coach that he isn’t close friends with? Maybe he wouldn’t be interested in guys like Fangio who are set in their ways.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't doubt it. If you trust someone you can probably call them even months back to ensure you have the key positions filled.

This is why I think it's shitty to allow for interviewing before the Super Bowl is done. Playoff teams lose their guys late and all the talent tends to be snapped up. Only reason McVay has survived that environment is because guys know he's a springboard for HC gigs. Everyone wants to work for him.

Team like us, IF we lose Morris there is no chance we'll have a shot at either of the 2 skilled DCs that are hitting the market. Those guys are immediately inundated with options and both of them are gonna change power structure in the league. Where they land is gonna make impact.
The Rams have elite talent and are going to be in contention for a few years. Maybe that gets noted by a DC.

Here is another idea. To counter Florida’s offer could the Rams consider Henderson as DC?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Word is that the Raiders are gonna hire Harbaugh and Fangio would be his DC.

My Denver buddy isn't happy about that likely prospect... at all.