OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Our defense is statistically top ten. If we go on a deep playoff run Morris is going nowhere. Chances are he's going nowhere anyway. I hope Fangio doesn't become DC for one of our rivals. I also hope Morris can figure out how to defend a team today that has owned us the last few years. If not, there won't be a lot of confidence going into the playoffs.
After we got beat by AZ morris came up with a plan the second game against AZ. Lets hope he just needed to see SF live once and now has plan to shut them down.

Not sure of your logic though on Morris not leaving.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still think Lock can be successful. Fangio didn't support him from the beginning. He never was given a real chance to succeed.
He's looked so jeckyl and hyde to me. One drive dropping dimes the next 4 passes that were like WTF even I'm not dumb or bad enough to do that. It could be a situation where the next coach thinks he can work with either him or Teddy though they have to resign Teddy. But I think the fanbase is screaming for a fix to QB which they haven't had a steady QB since Elway who now is part of the problem or was in replacing himself.

nighttrain

Legend
He's looked so jeckyl and hyde to me. One drive dropping dimes the next 4 passes that were like WTF even I'm not dumb or bad enough to do that. It could be a situation where the next coach thinks he can work with either him or Teddy though they have to resign Teddy. But I think the fanbase is screaming for a fix to QB which they haven't had a steady QB since Elway who now is part of the problem or was in replacing himself.
they haven't had a steady QB since Elway, who now is part of the problem.........

Rams77

Starter
Good. Now hopefully Lock can be put in a situation that isn't so damn toxic and will get a fair chance to succeed
Lock is a backup or at best a bridge QB. If he cant succeed with those weapons and that D-Bridgewater outplayed him

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
they haven't had a steady QB since Elway, who now is part of the problem.........
Less of that part now, he hires the guy who's got to fix the position.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Don't we want him for our DC?
Yes, but IMO, if Jim Harbaugh is hired by the Raiders, Fangio will be his DC and that will happen quicker, then Morris getting a HC gig and thus being replaced by Fangio. I believe Morris will be he Rams DC for another year at the minimum and let's be fair, it's not been that bad even though all of us know how good Fangio is.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yes, but IMO, if Jim Harbaugh is hired by the Raiders, Fangio will be his DC and that will happen quicker, then Morris getting a HC gig and thus being replaced by Fangio. I believe Morris will be he Rams DC for another year at the minimum and let's be fair, it's not been that bad even though all of us know how good Fangio is.

That’s where I’d slide my chips.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Hit the nail on the head man. Harbaugh and Fangio reunited in Vegas is gonna be a good pairing for them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good. Now hopefully Lock can be put in a situation that isn't so damn toxic and will get a fair chance to succeed
Like Daniel Jones, I truly believe there's a potential great player in there. Just hasnt had a fair chance

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hit the nail on the head man. Harbaugh and Fangio reunited in Vegas is gonna be a good pairing for them.
I concur and part of the reason a coach makes a move is availability of assistants. Fangio a high profile DC, is now available for Harbaugh. My hope now, is Harbaugh actually staying at Michigan because I believe then the Raiders might take a look at Morris, but now I believe Harbaugh is taking the Raiders job and Fangio will want to join him because of not only working for him previously, but also the opportunity to stick it to the Broncos two times a year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno, that Peyton Manning fella was pretty darned solid for 3-4 years.....
Sure for 3 years the 4th year he was so bad they benched him for Osweiller was it? Point was he was never a long term solution at that age. So you're right they had a blip in the time after Elway where they were good at QB and a lot of speed bumps aside from him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I concur and part of the reason a coach makes a move is availability of assistants. Fangio a high profile DC, is now available for Harbaugh. My hope now, is Harbaugh actually staying at Michigan because I believe then the Raiders might take a look at Morris, but now I believe Harbaugh is taking the Raiders job and Fangio will want to join him because of not only working for him previously, but also the opportunity to stick it to the Broncos two times a year.
Yeah the rumor from the first time Harbaugh was linked to the Raiders was Fangio would go with him. So much so my dad a Niner fan commented on Fangio firing was the only question remaining is where are he and Harbaugh coaching next year. Everybody expects them to be together.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah Fangio probably has a list of offers from HC hopefuls who will be interviewing now.

If you are a playoff team like us zero chance of hiring him unless you fire your current DC.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Vegas is a good job to take right now.. Harbaugh, if he wants to get back into the NFL, would be smart to jump at it. He and Fangio would be a tough pairing.. but, what a tough division.