OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Official or just speculation. Many peopl have connected those dots

all the speculation, leaks and insider knowledge seem to point to this one outcome... nothing official yet and I don't expect to see anything until the Raiders adhere to the Rooney rule.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams have elite talent and are going to be in contention for a few years. Maybe that gets noted by a DC.

Here is another idea. To counter Florida’s offer could the Rams consider Henderson as DC?
Him or bring back Pleasant would be two ideas for sure.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Official or just speculation. Many peopl have connected those dots
There's been this talk all week long by a lot of people. Think I even saw something the Raiders were holding an announcement for after their game tonight.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams have elite talent and are going to be in contention for a few years. Maybe that gets noted by a DC.

Here is another idea. To counter Florida’s offer could the Rams consider Henderson as DC?
Yeah the talent has to be very desirable. But what's not desirable is waiting and passing on new DC jobs for something that might not open.

From the coaching perspective a new staff means two to three years of pretty consistent employment. So these post-firing DCs are likely to jump online with the best offers they get. I'll bet both are spoken for right now tbh. Even if there's no agreement both have a short list at the least that they're deciding on.

Re: Henderson yes I think the Rams raise his pay. No-brainer there IMO. He's done a fine job and we have an owner with deep pockets.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah the talent has to be very desirable. But what's not desirable is waiting and passing on new DC jobs for something that might not open.

From the coaching perspective a new staff means two to three years of pretty consistent employment. So these post-firing DCs are likely to jump online with the best offers they get. I'll bet both are spoken for right now tbh. Even if there's no agreement both have a short list at the least that they're deciding on.

Re: Henderson yes I think the Rams raise his pay. No-brainer there IMO. He's done a fine job and we have an owner with deep pockets.
But how much of a raise to they give position coaches?
I don't think they match what Henderson is reportedly being offered.

I think, for Henderson, it comes down to what he sees his career path being. If he doesn't feel like he's on a track to be a DC and/or HC someday... maximizing his pay at the DL coach position would seem to happen in this scenario. He'd also have to just like college FB and recruiting.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I haven’t seen Morris mentioned in any rumors. I thought the D took a step back in the first half of the year but they have been improving steadily.

I see no reason to make a change at this position if he doesn’t leave. It would be awesome to have some stability for two or three years in the staff but that seems unlikely. :not:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I haven’t seen Morris mentioned in any rumors. I thought the D took a step back in the first half of the year but they have been improving steadily.

I see no reason to make a change at this position if he doesn’t leave. It would be awesome to have some stability for two or three years in the staff but that seems unlikely. :not:
It would also be better for the Rams, big picture.. because if he stays a second year and then becomes an HC.. Rams get comp picks.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
But how much of a raise to they give position coaches?
I don't think they match what Henderson is reportedly being offered.

I think, for Henderson, it comes down to what he sees his career path being. If he doesn't feel like he's on a track to be a DC and/or HC someday... maximizing his pay at the DL coach position would seem to happen in this scenario. He'd also have to just like college FB and recruiting.
Henderson has the DL room playing lights out. He is a priority to keep as DL coach.

The Rams offering more doesn't guarantee anything and of course he will have his priorities. But since we don't know what those are, well, speculation.

I just figure the Rams will try to keep him.

The OC side is interesting too. If McVay wants Jay Gruden for example room will be made for him and they might handshake on that to reserve him for the Rams OC job. KOC will take some other OC job if that happens.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I think Morris would be mentioned depending on how the Rams finish His defense has been ascending should the Rams go far or win it all and the defense continues it's rise or peaks and is a huge part of why the Rams win or get far things will change. I cannot lie it's what I'm hoping for..... for our teams sake meaning we will go far and hopefully win it all. I'd be ok with that and with Fangio or even Zimmer who I'd like to punch lol.
I've been particularly hard on Morris this year but I feel it's warranted I also give credit where credit is due and his defense has been ascending and playing a whole lot better much like the BUCS last year. Here's to hoping and some luck too!!!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Vic Fangio to Rams as DC confirmed yet or?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Henderson has the DL room playing lights out. He is a priority to keep as DL coach.

The Rams offering more doesn't guarantee anything and of course he will have his priorities. But since we don't know what those are, well, speculation.

I just figure the Rams will try to keep him.

The OC side is interesting too. If McVay wants Jay Gruden for example room will be made for him and they might handshake on that to reserve him for the Rams OC job. KOC will take some other OC job if that happens.
I sure hope they keep Henderson. He seems like the very real deal.

Oof.. I don't think the Rams bring the Gruden name into the organization right now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
all the speculation, leaks and insider knowledge seem to point to this one outcome... nothing official yet and I don't expect to see anything until the Raiders adhere to the Rooney rule.
I hope it happens. As a PSU fan I wouldn’t mind a Harbaugh exit from Michigan just as he got them rolling.

Then again I wouldn’t have minded a James Franklin exit from PSU either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Was he really all that impressive in his head coaching role in the past? 3-13, 10-6, 4-12, 4-7. He may be a good communicator but that does not inspire a ton of confidence imo. Plus the trend is to go with offensive minded coaches who develop QBs. Then much of the success he’s had with the Rams could be contributed to the roster. Morris may be a Rams DC for a long time.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Was he really all that impressive in his head coaching role in the past? 3-13, 10-6, 4-12, 4-7. He may be a good communicator but that does not inspire a ton of confidence imo. Plus the trend is to go with offensive minded coaches who develop QBs. Then much of the success he’s had with the Rams could be contributed to the roster. Morris may be a Rams DC for a long time.
I think he's got a pretty solid profile for an HC these days.
He was on the offensive side of the ball a bunch in Atl... and has been through the HC thing before, and now has the Rams halo on him.