49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I wonder if Jerry Jones called about Jimmy G, after Dak's injury?
I bet he did but after Trey Lance looked like shit, I'm guessing the Whiners said no. All I want is for them to bench Lance, then Grabapole comes in and gets blasted so hard he's out for the season so they have to put Lance back in hahahahaha

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if Jerry Jones called about Jimmy G, after Dak's injury?
Rubber, meet road
*If* San Fran is truly sold on Lance, this is the trade they were dreaming of
Dallas has to get a vet, ASAP
Heck, maybe they'd be interested in Wolford

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The NFL is such a roller-coaster for a true, die-hard fan of a team. Exciting, Brutal and Exhausting.

Fans of the Niners, Cowboys, Bengals, Packers, Titans, Falcons, Panthers and Patriots. How they doing today!?!

Even the Steelers' fans. Forced five Joe Burrows' turnovers but appear to blow the game late (think it would have been the first time a team that was plus-5 in turnover differential would have lost in over a decade). Then Mr. Automatic ... "Shooter" McPherson! ... with a back-up-snapper ... has an extra-point blocked and then hooks a very short-FGA ... either of which would have completed the comeback.

So the Steelers' fans are ecstatic. Right?
No! Pittsburgh may have lost it's very best player (T.J. Watt) to a season-ending-injury.

Exciting ... Brutal ... Exhausting.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I find it hard to believe that Shanny wanted him. We'll probably never know but Shanny is not stupid. The owner, the GM, and the fans are however.
I don't remember who said it, mighta been Mike Lombardi. And I don't know how much truth there is to it. He said Shanahan wanted Brady and was overruled. Then it was said Shanahan wanted Mac Jones but was overruled again. I wonder if he's thinking he might be better off somewhere else?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don't remember who said it, mighta been Mike Lombardi. And I don't know how much truth there is to it. He said Shanahan wanted Brady and was overruled. Then it was said Shanahan wanted Mac Jones but was overruled again. I wonder if he's thinking he might be better off somewhere else?
If Shanahan was 'over-ruled' in a personnel decision at Quarterback, I would like to know By Whom?

How could it be John Lynch? Wasn't Lynch brought-in with Shanahan's OK?

Was it the owner? The Niners' owner is not Eddie DeBartolo any longer; and their current ownership is not typically viewed as "hands-on decision-makers".

Shanahan was hired for his offensive expertise. Who the hell would over-rule him on a QB decision.

By-the-Way, I really dislike and do not respect Mike Lombardi ... and I'm Italian.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Okay - now I know why you are the way you are
1663007924414.png

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If Shanahan was 'over-ruled' in a personnel decision at Quarterback, I would like to know By Whom?

How could it be John Lynch? Wasn't Lynch brought-in with Shanahan's OK?

Was it the owner? The Niners' owner is not Eddie DeBartolo any longer; and their current ownership is not typically viewed as "hands-on decision-makers".

Shanahan was hired for his offensive expertise. Who the hell would over-rule him on a QB decision.

By-the-Way, I really dislike and do not respect Mike Lombardi ... and I'm Italian.
I would think Shanahan and Lynch have the final say. But some of their fans seem to think Jed York gets too involved in those decisions. Could just be looking for someone else to blame. Or could be something to it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Watching a replay of the INY Lance threw, it seems the perception he has bad mechanics might be true. When he started his windup it looked like he could get the ball to the receiver. But either that DB was really fast or it took too long to get the ball there. Whiners fans were saying he has this hitch with his back foot that telegraphs when he's going to make the throw. Allowing defenders to break where he's looking. That is fixable. But how long will it take?

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Seemed pretty clear Kyle doesn't trust the offense. Probably a bit of Lance being new and the oline looking pretty bad all night. We'll see how it goes.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
This is another reason why I wanted Crapolo out of there... so the whiners get stuck with inexperienced newbs. Ah well, I'll just be happy with them being 0-1. Great win by da Bears!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
One of the Bears was saying the key is to make Trey a passer and to keep him in the pocket. Looked like a solid game plan for Da Bears!

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Impossible for me to come to any conclusions of the Whiners abilities after their first game this year until they play a game on land.

Brutal conditions. Unlike any I can remember with present day teams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would think Shanahan and Lynch have the final say. But some of their fans seem to think Jed York gets too involved in those decisions. Could just be looking for someone else to blame. Or could be something to it.
There's a workable theory here. Let's say Shanny got vetoed by the dipshit owner. And let's assume he keeps his mouth shut about it. As things look shitty what's a good approach to take? Well make sure you play the MFer the owner wanted. Even when you know Garoppolo is a better chance to win. Sounds about right doesn't it? I mean why else would he be playing that clown.