49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I stopped even paying attention to Martz after he slammed the McVay hire.
I was at Candlestick & The Rams had Shurmer was Rams OC. Dude got HC jobs after that. I gave him crap after the game The Rams lost Bradford’s rookie year. The moment was set so nice to beat Mad Mike.
I was never a fan of his(as a HC),& once he became a Niner that was all she wrote.I was just watching a replay of Chargers-Raiders. Staley is a joke in one sense,but getting away with a win only makes the gambles pay off down the road?
I guess there is a play that should always be in a FOOTBALL TEAMS Arsenal(thanks Stan).That is a QB sneak & how you want to set it up?Huddle,non-huddle.& or line up quickly or step into from a shotgun formation & going behind center.
Even formations. Then again there is not as much practice time,but could be built in by teams.
The KC-Raiders game should be good & closer than last Thursday’s

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m a little can confused (more than usual). Could we start from the beginning?
Betwee; the ti:e when t(e oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Conan destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonias upon a troubled bow.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Betwee; the ti:e when t(e oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Conan destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonias upon a troubled bow.
Well ... THAT certainly clears everything up.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
200.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Shanny will install Garoppolo just in time for the week 4 matchup. Bank it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Shanny will install Garoppolo just in time for the week 4 matchup. Bank it.
Reading their forum it appears Shanahan is in a conundrum. If he benches Lance, it not only delays his development, it destroys his confidence. Not to mention there is no guarantee Garoppolo finishes the season with his injury history. And he's likely not returning next year.

If they're just thinking about this year Garoppolo gives them their best chance. But what happens after that? Do they start over with Lance's development? In year 3? That is when franchise quarterbacks start to get it. But if he's benched it will be like he's still in his rookie year.

If he's ever going to be that guy they envisioned its only going to take longer if he gets benched. And this supposed contender ready roster may not be so contender ready by the time Lance becomes that guy. If he ever does.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Reading their forum it appears Shanahan is in a conundrum. If he benches Lance, it not only delays his development, it destroys his confidence. Not to mention there is no guarantee Garoppolo finishes the season with his injury history. And he's likely not returning next year.
There is no reason for them to play Lance this early when he's not ready. And for him to play so poorly when Shanny does such a great job with scheme shows he's not ready.

To me the way their entire offseason has gone it stinks of power struggle. It is as if Shanny is playing the QB who is not ready on purpose. Because he didn't win shit in camp. He was bad all through camp too. They flushed Jimmy early and let it be known Lance was the guy, which, again, doesn't seem like the way Shanny would approach it.

So I'm going with conspiracy theory here... Guessing Shanny was forced into that QB and is rubbing someone's nose in it right now.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
There is no reason for them to play Lance this early when he's not ready. And for him to play so poorly when Shanny does such a great job with scheme shows he's not ready.

To me the way their entire offseason has gone it stinks of power struggle. It is as if Shanny is playing the QB who is not ready on purpose. Because he didn't win shit in camp. He was bad all through camp too. They flushed Jimmy early and let it be known Lance was the guy, which, again, doesn't seem like the way Shanny would approach it.

So I'm going with conspiracy theory here... Guessing Shanny was forced into that QB and is rubbing someone's nose in it right now.
Well, I suppose that is possible. But when it all collapses, guess who takes the fall? The coach. It doesn't matter if the guys at the top forced him to go with a guy he doesn't believe in. If they lose too many games its always the coach who ends up being the scapegoat. Sometimes its warranted. If it happens in this case, it might not be warranted.

dang

Legend
Think Jared Goff in his first year. Started the last 7 games on a poorly coached team. He struggled but learned a shitload in those 7 games. With the right coach and a revamped OL his year 2 results were very good. 69ers need to bite the bullet and give Lance a chance to prove himself. Pulling him this early would be a poor decision for many reasons.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Think Jared Goff in his first year. Started the last 7 games on a poorly coached team. He struggled but learned a shitload in those 7 games. With the right coach and a revamped OL his year 2 results were very good. 69ers need to bite the bullet and give Lance a chance to prove himself. Pulling him this early would be a poor decision for many reasons.
I hear that. But would Goff have struggled like that under McVay in that first year? Doubtful. There was enough talent, just missing an OC and culture. Lance has no such excuse.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I hear that. But would Goff have struggled like that under McVay in that first year? Doubtful. There was enough talent, just missing an OC and culture. Lance has no such excuse.
Definitely - Lance should be producing in the 9ers scheme. I’ve always suspected that Shanny is a terrible culture kind of coach. Will be certainly interesting to watch as the season unfolds