49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its nice to go into a season with a good quarterback and no quarterback controversy. 49er fans on the other, when it comes to Trey Lance they be like:

giphy.gif
1662591197507.jpeg

JYB

Starter
My god that shitty, looping windup is a disaster!!! How on earth did they convince themselves to hitch their wagon to this dude??
Yeah, his mechanics are atrocious. His arm comes from low to high on his release, as opposed to coming over the top and releasing on the way down. That's the reason he air mails so many passes.

JYB

Starter
Agree totally. If you have bad accuracy it's completely rebuilding
a ton of mechanics that can take years to become second nature.
That starts long before you get to the NFL. It may be too little too late
for this kid. He is Bad.

Meanwhile I watch a JT O'Sullivan break down of Fields in Chicago
and it looks like this kid has taken a big step. Looked sharp.
Yeah, it's hilarious that Fields and Mac Jones are going to be much better than Lance, whom the Niners could've had without giving up the farm. It's a wonderful disaster.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, it's hilarious that Fields and Mac Jones are going to be much better than Lance, whom the Niners could've had without giving up the farm. It's a wonderful disaster.
Well, Fields hasn't exactly been good either. But I agree on Jones. The funniest part is that Shanahan wanted Jones and got overruled, supposedly.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Fields hasn't exactly been good either. But I agree on Jones. The funniest part is that Shanahan wanted Jones and got overruled, supposedly.
He also wanted our Cabo signing...Not quick enough, Shanny!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

I think Rat boy was desperate to draft the next Russell Wilson/Kyler Murray/Patrick Mahomes.

But oddly, I'm not sure why he did that being that Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray haven't fared well against the Rams. And Russell Wilson had his struggles against the Jeff Fisher Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
All set up to :bomb:

NFL insider says San Francisco 49ers veterans won’t be patient if Trey Lance struggles with Jimmy Garoppolo on roster​

I do not want to be a negative Nate here. I truly do not dislike the San Francisco agreement to bring back Jimmy Garoppolo. But in the midst of all the kumbaya coming out of the oh-it’s-great-we-re-signed-Jimmy lovefest, I wonder one thing: This is a veteran team that went to battle with Jimmy Garoppolo late last season and saw him beat the Rams in week 18, then watched him be the QB in winning playoff games at Dallas and Green Bay.

“How will George Kittle and Fred Warner and Arik Armstead and Deebo Samuel, all good team guys, react privately if Trey Lance struggles the first month of the season? Will the Niners’ leadership council go to Kyle Shanahan and say, ‘Come on. We gotta win these games?
'”

Peter King on 49ers QB situation

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Well, Fields hasn't exactly been good either.
Not saying he is gonna be all world, but he has improved.
It may not show on the stats, because of the players around him,
But his arrow is pointing in a completing different direction than
Lancey boy.
My only complaint is why couldn't the 9er's have gotten rid of jimmy?
Geez. without G being there 9er's were heading for a definite losing season.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Lance just lost to the worst team in the NFL 13/28 for 164 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT.

Dude was completely outclassed by Justin Fields today