49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If Shanahan was 'over-ruled' in a personnel decision at Quarterback, I would like to know By Whom?

How could it be John Lynch? Wasn't Lynch brought-in with Shanahan's OK?

Was it the owner? The Niners' owner is not Eddie DeBartolo any longer; and their current ownership is not typically viewed as "hands-on decision-makers".

Shanahan was hired for his offensive expertise. Who the hell would over-rule him on a QB decision.

By-the-Way, I really dislike and do not respect Mike Lombardi ... and I'm Italian.
Yeah, a know it all that rode Belichick's coat tails in New England and failed everywhere else he was where he ran the show.

Remember, he called the McVay hire "a joke" and ridiculed the Eagles for hiring Pederson.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah, a know it all that rode Belichick's coat tails in New England and failed everywhere else he was where he ran the show.

Remember, he called the McVay hire "a joke" and ridiculed the Eagles for hiring Pederson.
Lombardi is an arrogant scum-bag ... in my opinion.

After Goff's 2016 rookie season under the "Brilliant Offensive Minds of Fisher, Boras and Weinke", in which he played seven games quarterbacking a "Dedicated Group of Receivers" that refused to work-out with him on their off-day ... Lombardi announced on the Rich Eisen show that Goff could not play.

Eisen asked the obvious question: 'You can tell that after just seven games?'
Lombardi replied: 'I could tell that after seven passes.'
Arrogant Scum-Bag

Next two seasons, Goff goes 24-7 as a starter, with 60 TDs and 19 interceptions.

dang

Legend
Lombardi is an arrogant scum-bag ... in my opinion.

After Goff's 2016 rookie season under the "Brilliant Offensive Minds of Fisher, Boras and Weinke", in which he played seven games quarterbacking a "Dedicated Group of Receivers" that refused to work-out with him on their off-day ... Lombardi announced on the Rich Eisen show that Goff could not play.

Eisen asked the obvious question: 'You can tell that after just seven games?'
Lombardi replied: 'I could tell that after seven passes.'
Arrogant Scum-Bag

Next two seasons, Goff goes 24-7 as a starter, with 60 TDs and 19 interceptions.
I wish these “joke analysts” had to defend their arrogant and extreme takes. If they admitted they were wrong I’d respect them but most wouldn’t.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Ok, according to Lombardi (ugh!), it was the "resistance factor within that building" that somehow swayed Shanahan away from Brady and then Jones. Yeah, whatever that all means . . . .

View: https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1564651778620084224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1564651778620084224%7Ctwgr%5Eaede36aa1bf60915c96b9a7f1fc45c7e80d43aa5%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.audacy.com%2Fwtic%2Fsports%2Fnew-england-patriots%2Fshanahan-wanted-to-bring-brady-and-mac-jones-to-49ers

Personally, I like the probably more unreliable rumor that Shanny didn't click with Brady:

Former Patriots QB Tom Brady and Kyle Shanahan reportedly clashed during a free agent meeting in 2020.

The scoop comes from the show’s executive producer James “Jimmy” Stewart, so take that for what’s it worth.

“Stewart says he heard that when Brady talked to Shanahan and John Lynch two years ago about joining the Niners, Shanahan was telling Brady what he would need to do during certain situational plays. And Brady started referencing situational plays from the Falcons Super Bowl game. At that point, Shanahan decided Brady was not the right fit for the 49ers and Brady looks at Shanahan as insecure.”

--------

There's a workable theory here. Let's say Shanny got vetoed by the dipshit owner. And let's assume he keeps his mouth shut about it. As things look shitty what's a good approach to take?
I don't know if it's a good approach to take, but what Shanny did in Cleveland was to go to his boss with a 32-point presentation on why he should be let out of his contract. The whole 32-point presentation thing just makes me chuckle.

The front office wants Manziel to be the starter, and the source said the coaches do not believe they can win with him.
Shanahan felt the decision to start Manziel was forced on the coaching staff, and that the yearlong insistence to play him when he wasn't ready wore on Shanahan, the team source said.
“It wasn’t a PowerPoint presentation,’’ Shanahan said in 2017, via the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. “It was all on paper. I gave a number of points — 32 of them, which you guys were accurate on. I gave them to the head coach.

”I told him he could do whatever he wanted with those, whether he gave them to the owner or the general manager. I’m sure that he did. I just wanted to be up front about it. I had some specific reasons I didn’t think it was going in the right direction, why it wasn’t the best place for me and my family. Pet was real cool about it. He understood.”

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Watching a replay of the INY Lance threw, it seems the perception he has bad mechanics might be true. When he started his windup it looked like he could get the ball to the receiver. But either that DB was really fast or it took too long to get the ball there. Whiners fans were saying he has this hitch with his back foot that telegraphs when he's going to make the throw. Allowing defenders to break where he's looking. That is fixable. But how long will it take?

But Trey Lance looked good in the preseason. :)

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just a beautiful photo!

1663054644881.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Shanahan was 'over-ruled' in a personnel decision at Quarterback, I would like to know By Whom?

How could it be John Lynch? Wasn't Lynch brought-in with Shanahan's OK?

Was it the owner? The Niners' owner is not Eddie DeBartolo any longer; and their current ownership is not typically viewed as "hands-on decision-makers".

Shanahan was hired for his offensive expertise. Who the hell would over-rule him on a QB decision.

By-the-Way, I really dislike and do not respect Mike Lombardi ... and I'm Italian.
YOUSONOFA.... ~ @den-the-coach

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You can’t be inaccurate in the NFL and get away with it… and that’s Trey Lance’s biggest problem.

Put me in the camp it is VERY difficult to improve accuracy issues. You either have that talent or you don’t.

Here is the article at The Ringer.

Was looking back for post on Trey Lance. Mike Martz has a Podcast with maybe the crappiest GM(ex) in the NFL.Then again as Rams Fans we have known some bad GM’s as well as a few good GM’s?

Just heard Mad Mike say he never liked him & asked what he has ever done good. He went off a little bit & then said one thing I know is he can only get better than where he is because he can’t get worse.
I hope Mad Mike is wrong about Trey Lance getting worse.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Martz is all over the place there, but he definitely doesn’t care for Lance.

I sort of expect the 49’ers to win this week vs Seattle… perhaps that keeps Lance starting long enough we can destroy him week 4.
If Lance starts I think they Niners will lose. Seattles defense looked legit…..or maybe they were hyped up to play Russell.

dang

Legend
Martz is all over the place there, but he definitely doesn’t care for Lance.

I sort of expect the 49’ers to win this week vs Seattle… perhaps that keeps Lance starting long enough we can destroy him week 4.
I put Martz in the bitter old man bucket years ago. Don’t really care for his opinion. Didn’t he say McVay was going to work out because he was so young and inexperienced.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Martz is hard to listen to. What a stammering weirdo. God I loved his offense with our beloved GSOT tho...

Psycho_X

Legend
Was looking back for post on Trey Lance. Mike Martz has a Podcast with maybe the crappiest GM(ex) in the NFL.Then again as Rams Fans we have known some bad GM’s as well as a few good GM’s?

Just heard Mad Mike say he never liked him & asked what he has ever done good. He went off a little bit & then said one thing I know is he can only get better than where he is because he can’t get worse.
I hope Mad Mike is wrong about Trey Lance getting worse.

Well I had to do my part to find Mad Mike ripping Trey.

You literally quoted a post of @CGI_Ram where he quoted me linking that exact interview.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I stopped even paying attention to Martz after he slammed the McVay hire.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You literally quoted a post of @CGI_Ram where he quoted me linking that exact interview.

Well I guess great minds think alike.I heard something on the radio & found a post about Trey Lance.It brought me to CGI from as far back as the post took me. How ever it was ?
I think the post that I’m quoting him from was July 25th? Don’t quote me on that, was not looking at other postings or where it took me.
Sorry if that offended anybody.