49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its gonna be interesting. A lot of people are saying Trey Lance is not ready. Nowhere near the experience needed to guide a contender. So if he struggles out of the gate do they stick with him? If they end up benching him and playing Garoppolo how do they spin it? Would they come up with a phantom injury?

Throughout training camp Jimmy GQ wasn't allowed to practice with the team. Shanahan didn't talk about if he'll be gone. But when he'll be gone. Now he's going into the season as the backup. Something smells rotten in Denmark to me. It would not be a stretch to say they don't have the trust in Lance and they need Jimmy GQ for insurance.

Then you have Michael Lombardi saying Shanahan wanted Brady first. Then Mac Jones. But he was overruled on both. And they ended up with a very green quarterback who only played one game in college two years ago and two games in the NFL last year. A green quarterback from a smaller school. One who has a grand total of 101 pass attempts in his last two years.

Yup, its gonna be interesting. Their saving grace is they start with two weak teams. Lance won't have to do much to win those games. After that, who knows?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I detest Lombardi but what he's saying feels like it would be how that went down. It makes sense Shanny would want Brady. Who wouldn't. And Jones would probably be excellent in that offense and Shanny knows what he's doing with QBs. So hopefully this drives him out of SF because I want the 9ers to hire some dipshit who can't win 3 games. I want to see them get shit on for a few seasons.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Rich Eisen was saying Aaron Rodgers could be then QB for the 9ers next year if Lance isn’t ready… no idea how that would happen as I haven’t watched the clip yet… can’t see how they’d even work that, but whatever

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

LOL… 9er nation up in arms cuz shit talker 9er reporter Grant Cohn has been going at Javon Kinlaw

Yeah, the reporter is a complete douche, but for Kinlaw to go off in such an unprofessional manner instead of having the FO handle it…

It’s just funny to me… I’m glad they’re focusing on that instead of opening day…

This is from a few months ago. Has any more drama happened between them recently?

RamsOfCastamere

Rich Eisen was saying Aaron Rodgers could be then QB for the 9ers next year if Lance isn’t ready… no idea how that would happen as I haven’t watched the clip yet… can’t see how they’d even work that, but whatever
How does that work with his $50M salary and the Niners cap? They have more stars to pay soon, right?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They gave up any chance of trading for a high end quarterback when they made the trade to move up. At that time Garoppolo had some value if they traded him along with picks the way we did with Goff.

Good grief....how arrogant are we to think or say what another team can or can't do with salary cap manipulation or establishing their own "F*** Them Picks" mentality.

RamsOfCastamere

Good grief....how arrogant are we to think or say what another team can or can't do with salary cap manipulation or establishing their own "F*** Them Picks" mentality.
True but we had to trade or cut key contributors and eat a lot of dead cap, and we traded for guys that had expiring contracts so their immediate cap hit wasn't nearly as significant. The Niners gave up a bunch of firsts to move up for Lance as well.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I detest Lombardi but what he's saying feels like it would be how that went down. It makes sense Shanny would want Brady. Who wouldn't. And Jones would probably be excellent in that offense and Shanny knows what he's doing with QBs. So hopefully this drives him out of SF because I want the 9ers to hire some dipshit who can't win 3 games. I want to see them get shit on for a few seasons.

Yes, and I want the Rams to go full Amber Heard to their Johnny Depp's bed.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Accuracy is hard to “get good at”. Especially at this level.

Lance might even have some Rick Ankiel in him. Sucks the 49’ers kept JG, because it won’t surprise me if Lance crash and burns.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Accuracy is hard to “get good at”. Especially at this level.

Lance might even have some Rick Ankiel in him. Sucks the 49’ers kept JG, because it won’t surprise me if Lance crash and burns.
It’s next to impossible to “learn” accuracy. The only qb I remember lately to do it is Josh Allen.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
My god that shitty, looping windup is a disaster!!! How on earth did they convince themselves to hitch their wagon to this dude??

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Jimmy G is only good if they have a running game. It won't matter which QB plays. If we stuff the run they are fucked. Our D is not the same old D. We will hold them to under 80 yards and Either QB will crumble.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
It’s next to impossible to “learn” accuracy.
Agree totally. If you have bad accuracy it's completely rebuilding
a ton of mechanics that can take years to become second nature.
That starts long before you get to the NFL. It may be too little too late
for this kid. He is Bad.

Meanwhile I watch a JT O'Sullivan break down of Fields in Chicago
and it looks like this kid has taken a big step. Looked sharp.