49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
49ers are going nowhere this year and frankly the best thing that could happen is for the 49ers to give up on Lance halfway thru the season, go to JG and watch him light up every team he plays other than the Rams. He's untradeable, a cancer in the locker room, and no way he'll be back in San Fran next year thanks to that ridiculous contract they signed him to. A no trade AND a no franchise tag? So dumb.....
I didn’t know he was a locker room cancer. From all reports he’s well liked on the team.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They say it's Trey Lance's team and Jimmy G's restructured deal somehow benefits the Niners. The fact remains: if you have two QB's, you have none.
But the whiner fans are already comparing them to Montana and Young. Of course a few days ago they said they couldn't wait to see Jimmy GQ gone.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn’t know he was a locker room cancer. From all reports he’s well liked on the team.
Just a week ago all I heard about JG was how after he signed his big extension he had no contact with the team, didnt talk to a soul. Only time he was involved with the team was on the field. Fuck him

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

The Shitters' complete 180 on Jimmy G backs up all the shit we've heard about Trey. This is great. If they were high on Trey at all they would not reverse on their Jimmy G smear campaign.

We need to dunk these clowns twice this year. No fucking around with them and letting them hang around. Dunk that ass early and run it up on them.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
So either Lance indeed is not as ready as they hope or they completely, utterly and totally over-played their hand with Jimmy and any potential trade partners.

They could have let him go for anything from a 2nd to a 5th and had a deal months ago. And they got every penny's worth with two NFCCG appearances and a conference championship out of him...

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
But the whiner fans are already comparing them to Montana and Young. Of course a few days ago they said they couldn't wait to see Jimmy GQ gone.
Hannah Montana and Burt Young? I don't see the connection, unless you mean one's a phony and the other a perennial sidekick.

I guess that does make sense.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
The Joe Montana and Steve Young comparison is hilarious! Didn't Young say it was hell waiting behind Joe and then he finally got his shot when Joe left for Kansas City?

How does that compare to this now? It would be a compparison if Joe was the starter, then is benched with Young taking over and being the starter, while keeping Joe on the team as a backup. Not even in the same ball park story line wise nor skill set wise.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
is there a pool as to when jimmy g takes the reigns back?
This Can't be a good sign. and I mean that both ways. (sign,signing)

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
is there a pool as to when jimmy g takes the reigns back?
This Can't be a good sign. and I mean that both ways. (sign,signing)
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we will face crapolo in our 2nd game against the whiners.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Apparently 9ers have been trying to do this new deal for a couple weeks now. But yeah, Lance is awesome

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't Young say it was hell waiting behind Joe and then he finally got his shot when Joe left for Kansas City?
Not exactly, Young got to play when Montana missed the 91 season after he got eviscerated by Leonard Marshall, then Montana rode the pine in 92 and watched Young lose to the Cowboys.
THEN he found his way to KC.....

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
So is it because they don't have faith in Trey Lance? Is it because they just want a backup who knows the system? Or does the reduced contract make him more tradeable? Is there a team he wouldn't mind being traded to? A team he would approve with the no trade clause?

You might be correct on all counts.
1) just in case lance struggles…
2) injury? A proven, system knowledgeable QB at the ready.
3) no trade clause=“I’m not going to the jets!”, but should mahomes go down, well, that’s a different story.

And any concern for a large cap hit for possibly a 1 year rental has been removed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I needed to see this for, um, historical research and such.
Thank you, sir!
Never gets old!!!
High Five Best Friends GIF by reactionseditor

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

49ers' Jimmie Ward on Why Rams Handled Things 'The Wrong Way'​

San Francisco 49ers safety Jimmie Ward had gotten the best of the Los Angeles Rams in nearly every way through almost three full games of action last season.

San Francisco swept the two-game regular-season series. Ward intercepted Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford twice in the first meeting at Levi's Stadium, taking one back to the house in a dominant 31-10 win.

Then the Niners orchestrated a season-saving overtime win in Week 18, outscoring the Rams 24-7 in the second half at SoFi Stadium to secure a playoff spot. This win helped catapult them all the way to the NFC Championship, where the two division rivals met again for a shot at the Super Bowl.

This time, the Niners had the early upper hand. Ward had picked-off Stafford as the Rams were on the verge of scoring inside the three-yard line. The play helped spark San Francisco to a 17-7 lead, an edge the team held into the closing minutes of the third quarter.

But then, LA had its revenge, pulling away in the fourth with a 20-17 win to advance to the Super Bowl.

And in a recent interview with CBS Bay Area, Ward didn't hold back the disrespect he felt with how the Rams changed their postgame demeanor following the NFC title game.

According to Ward, the Rams showed poor sportsmanship in the previous two loss to the Niners, refusing to shake hands. But with their trip to the Super Bowl secured, their tune suddenly brightened.

"When you mention the Rams, they beat us in the big game," Ward said. "That was right before the big show. They wanted to shake hands and do all that once they won, but when we beat them twice during the season, they didn't want to shake hands and walked off. Poor sports, but you know, I get it. I understand."

Ward didn't point out anyone in particular who was in the wrong but did go out of his way to heap praises on Rams receiver Cooper Kupp. But these compliments only went so far.

"I just felt like they went about it the wrong way, but it wasn't everybody," Ward said. "Like Cooper Kupp, he's such a great guy ... he's a great guy, but I still don't like him when we on the field."

As expected, Ward doesn't take kindly to any of the other NFC West rivals. The Rams seem to be at the top of his hate list.

"Them, Arizona, Seattle, whoever it is. My team and myself, we will be ready and we don't like them. We're not friends, we're not cool. When we're on this field it's about business. It's about getting the job done."

Ward, who will miss at least the first four weeks of the season on injured reserve as he deals with a hamstring injury, will be absent for the Niners' first matchup against the Rams this season. San Francisco will make the trip to SoFi for a matchup on Monday Night Football in Week 4.

But luckily for him, the Niners play host to LA in Week 8 on Sunday, Oct 30.

"We get to see them twice every year," he said. "That's the beauty of the sport."